South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday Mutterings - November 26

Good morning. I hope everyone has survived and recovered from the TD festivities. So far Purolator hasn't shown up with any turkey soup. Hint! Hint!

I'm heading into a really busy week but the gods are angry with me as I have no water in the house since yesterday morning. The local plumber says it's either that the well has run dry or the foot-valve needs replacing. In either case, they will need to dig up my well which is in the middle of my lane. (My poor car was just getting used to being in the barn at night but will be out on the road until this is over.) I am not pleased but am glad I have friends who will supply me with jugs of water and even let me go there to shower. If it weren't for the dogs, I'd go stay at the Inn.

Skipping gym today - my exercise will be lugging jugs of water for drinking, washing, cooking and flushing! Not sure what the rest of the week will bring but sure hope it brings water.

On we go with Monday - making the best of it. (Ignore me when I'm crabby.)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, I really hope your lack of water is a simple issue to resolve. Thanks for starting us up this morning. I slept in a bit now need to get cranking to get ready for work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, that sounds awful! And especially to be happening now. I sure wish I could be there to help out, dear friend.

I'm gearing up for a busy week, and snow is in our forecast for tomorrow!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Ruth, that sounds horrible! I hope that they can clear up the situation quickly. Good morning Debbie and Linda!!

See what happens...I don't check in here for a few days, and then don't eat very well. (although my definition of 'not well' is WAY different then it was years ago) I'm with you Cyndi, I'm having such a hard time lately, just can't keep my brain on. Pretty soon clients will bring in goodies, and I need to resist. I also need to have exercise as a priority again (I need to start waking up early...).

But until then...good strong coffee. I missed you chicks, and hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, don't know what I was thinking instead of sending my post I deleted it. Coffee you are not helping me yet lol

Ruth sorry to hear about your water woes. Hopefully they can resolve it quickly. You will get a work out carrying the water. did you know a gallon of water weighs 300 pounds!!! Ok 8, but still you feel it when you carry 2 at a time to be careful.

Linda we are expecting snow also. Mental note to self get gas for snow blower and run it tonight. Not sure about accumulations yet, but better to be prepared.

Tammy I hope you had a nice trip. Yes, we get goodies too at work. I actually worked out before work on Thanksgiving to try and undue damage that I knew was coming. Funny I don't care for sweet potatoes, but with brown sugar and crushed walnuts they were awesome lol. As much as I enjoy Christmas cookies I am not baking this year.

My mom is not either, so that will definitely help me. My mom is joining the beach New Year's Day!!! She may be a new chick here too. It is my goal not to make my New Year's resolution to lose weight. This may be the first year since high school that I don't need too which feels great.

Smoothie time then up the line to tend to my flock lol. Had a great day with DS yesterday. Life is good and I am happy
Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Already put in a couple of hours of data entry and I'm about to hit the road. Hope your Monday is a breeze
Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning! Last day off, 4 days of work, then cruise! I can feel the sunshine !
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The plumber just left. The pump was burnt out. I now have a new pump and water! PTL!

I now resume normal programming!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good afternoon, chicks.

I worked out with my mom and trainer this morning, did a quick treadmill walk, then had lunch out with my mom and a mutual friend. Ran errands on the way home and have now officially started holiday shopping with the first stocking stuffer for DH and a cyber Monday purchase for DS1. I'm sipping my yummy chocolate cocoa tea, waiting until a reasonable hour for my afternoon snack. I'm not sure if the prednisone really does increase my appetite, as I read it can, or if it is all psychosomatic. But I am really, really, really trying not to gain weight on this stuff.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

We are back from NYC, we had a blast other than with so many flights cancelled on Wednesday and having to switch to another carrier I was so tired when we arrived, I left my IPAD on the plane and no one has turned it in.

The rest of the trip went well, but I was definitely not op at all but no movement in scale due to all of the walking we did.

I am going to start Phase 1 tomorrow as soon as I get off I have to go get groceries so I can do it for a few days to detox.

Ruth so glad to hear that your water problems have been taking care

Cottage sorry you had a rough week with your "other" family.

Karen glad to hear that your mouth is starting to feel better.

to everyone else, need to get back to work
Old 11-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
The plumber just left. The pump was burnt out. I now have a new pump and water! PTL!

I now resume normal programming!
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy and relieved that it wasn't anything more serious!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #12  

Pearlrose, I've been following your NYC trip through your pictures on FB, and I can tell you all were having a fabulous time. The pictures are great!

Karen, that's great that your mouth felt well enough for you to enjoy lunch out with your mother! I hope you continue to on the road to recovery!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Just starting my work day after having been up at 0800 hrs this morning just so I could go to the Solicitor's Office in person and ask them to put me on standby for my court case. Now I have to go back TOMORROW morning at 0815 hrs and testify for my first time EVER in my 12 years of working here. I've been subpoenaed dozens of times, but never actually testified. I don't even remember this call, so I hope they let me hear the tape BEFORE going in to testify, LOL

Ruth - So glad to hear your water problems are solved!!! Several years ago now our area got hit pretty hard by a tropical storm. I had no hot water and no electricity for 3 days (not long in the grand scheme of things, I know) and it was awful...so I'm definitely pleased FOR you that you didn't have to suffer longer than you did!!!

Twynn - Don't ya hate when you have those "blonde moments"??? It makes me feel crazy, LOL I shredded an employee's subpoena one day, LOL

Jekel - Speaking of blonde moments, I was sitting here thinking "whoa, wait, how in the heck can a gallon of water weight THAT much???" *facepalm* Ooh, now New Years resolution to lose weight is an AWESOME NSV, I'm just saying. And good for your mom...tell her we'll take care of her here.

Cyndi - Hope you had safe travels!!!

Jenne - I'm totally jealous. Enjoy your trip!!!

WaistingTime - I'm glad I'm not the only one just starting Christmas shopping. I'm not doing a whole lot this year, but I have an aunt who has everything bought and wrapped by July and it always makes me feel like such a slacker, LOL

Pearlrose - Good to see you back...was wondering where you ran off to, LOL Glad you had a good time in NYC. I can't wait to get moved up to the area where it's completely possible for me to take day trips to NYC if I feel like it. It's amazing to me just thinking about it...makes me want to get up to Massachusetts NOW!!! Ouch...so sorry about your Ipad, that stinks!!! Gah, the walking you can do in NYC is another thing I'm super excited about...you're reminding me of all kinds of good stuff I have to look forward to up there!!! I walked for 8 1/2 hours the last time I went to NYC. LOL

Ooh, totally not spamming, so please don't ban me, LOL............BUT one of my employees showed me these really cute living lockets at a website called Origami Owl and I ordered 2 (one for my mom and one for my bestfriend). I think they are the NEATEST Christmas gift ideas b/c you pick the locket and the charms and then assemble them yourself when they arrive in the mail. I spend just at $100 total for both lockets, but it's such a neat idea and such a personalized thing that I'm stoked to get them. I think there's another week or so to order and still get them in time for Christmas.
Closed Thread