Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #1  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile New to 3FC, IP, and Dieting: Comments and Questions

Hi! I am very happy to be here. Everyone is so supportive, knowledgeable, and helpful! This is my first post to a forum so forgive if I don't get it "right."

I started IP four days ago. I've tried to read through the bulk of the threads before posting anything at all. If it is okay, I'd like to post my "understanding" of all that I have learned, and would appreciate any corrections of clarifications, and then ask a couple of questions.

Phase 1 Per Day Basics:
  • 8+ cups of Water (+1 per coffee/tea)
  • 2 IP Packets
  • 1 IP Packet or Restricted Packet
  • 8 ounces Protein or ( ) 1 IP Packet
  • 4 cups Select Vegetables
  • Unlimited Salad
  • ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1-2 teaspoons Olive / Grape Seed Extract Oil
  • 1 Potassium / Calcium
  • 2 Multi-Vita (with food)
  • 4 Cal – Mag
  • 3 Omega III (with food) - optional
  • 2 Anti-Oxi - optional
  • 4 Enzymes (with food) – optional
Any corrections?

Questions:
Zero calorie, naturally sweetened waters: I was unclear if there was a final consensus if these are acceptable?

Cleanses: It seems some have found them beneficial while others find them to be a marketing ploy?

While I've read the threads, I am still not clear on how the collagen foods count in the plan. I did gather that the answer changed after IP updated some things. Are they an IP, a restricted IP, or a freebie of some sort?

My best advice for someone just starting:
  • If you can afford it for the first few days, go to a salad bar and buy about 12 cups of your favorite select vegetables, and/or buy the presliced ones in the produce aisle. The first few days is such a learning curve, cutting the "cutting" up veggies step for those first few days would have been a good thing.
  • Try to plan out in the morning most of what you plan to eat for the day and not play it by ear at first or you might end up with an end of day that is difficult.
  • If you aren't a big water drinker, figure out ahead of time how you will get all the water in. I am buying a 2.5 liter pitcher and filling it up in the morning knowing I have to finish it by bedtime when home for the day.

I have lost 5 pounds in 3 days and feel exhausted on my fourth day. I am being patient with myself and letting myself feel worn down today trusting it is a passing phase as I have read. I haven't decided my views on so much weight so fast, but I do have a long way to go...

I have trouble eating all the food on the diet or drinking all the water, but am giving myself a learning curve: I have to get in all the water everyday and at least 80% of the food, working up to 100% by the end of the first week. I eat until I am worried I will throw up.

Thanks!
Health and happiness...
Old 11-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelbelle View Post
Hi! I am very happy to be here. Everyone is so supportive, knowledgeable, and helpful! This is my first post to a forum so forgive if I don't get it "right."

I started IP four days ago. I've tried to read through the bulk of the threads before posting anything at all. If it is okay, I'd like to post my "understanding" of all that I have learned, and would appreciate any corrections of clarifications, and then ask a couple of questions.

Phase 1 Per Day Basics:
  • 8+ cups of Water (+1 per coffee/tea)
  • 2 IP Packets
  • 1 IP Packet or Restricted Packet
  • 8 ounces Protein or ( ) 1 IP Packet
  • 4 cups Select Vegetables
  • Unlimited Salad
  • ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1-2 teaspoons Olive / Grape Seed Extract Oil
  • 1 Potassium / Calcium
  • 2 Multi-Vita (with food)
  • 4 Cal – Mag
  • 3 Omega III (with food) - optional
  • 2 Anti-Oxi - optional
  • 4 Enzymes (with food) – optional
Any corrections?

Questions:
Zero calorie, naturally sweetened waters: I was unclear if there was a final consensus if these are acceptable?

Cleanses: It seems some have found them beneficial while others find them to be a marketing ploy?

While I've read the threads, I am still not clear on how the collagen foods count in the plan. I did gather that the answer changed after IP updated some things. Are they an IP, a restricted IP, or a freebie of some sort?

My best advice for someone just starting:
  • If you can afford it for the first few days, go to a salad bar and buy about 12 cups of your favorite select vegetables, and/or buy the pre-sliced ones in the produce aisle. The first few days is such a learning curve, cutting the "cutting" up veggies step for those first few days would have been a good thing.
  • Try to plan out in the morning most of what you plan to eat for the day and not play it by ear at first or you might end up with an end of day that is difficult.
  • If you aren't a big water drinker, figure out ahead of time how you will get all the water in. I am buying a 2.5 liter pitcher and filling it up in the morning knowing I have to finish it by bedtime when home for the day.

I have lost 5 pounds in 3 days and feel exhausted on my fourth day. I am being patient with myself and letting myself feel worn down today trusting it is a passing phase as I have read. I haven't decided my views on so much weight so fast, but I do have a long way to go...

I have trouble eating all the food on the diet or drinking all the water, but am giving myself a learning curve: I have to get in all the water everyday and at least 80% of the food, working up to 100% by the end of the first week. I eat until I am worried I will throw up.

Thanks!
Health and happiness...
Welcome!!
You'll get 10 different answers from 10 different folks based on what they were told at their particular clinic, based on how well-trained & how up-to-date their coach is. Some coaches are giving out old protocol sheets!

I'm pretty impressed you started such a restrictive plan right before the holidays. Good for you! No reason to eat thru them and be in worse shape come January 1.

In your list, the 8 oz protein or () packet really should say 8 oz protein (period). There are some variations for various reasons but the protocol is for 8 oz protein.
Unlimited "salad" is unlimited lettuce.

You'll get various opinions on zero-calorie naturally sweetened waters. What exactly are you talking about? I drink selzer water (not sweetened). I know to stay away from phosphoric acid, which is an additive in many carbonated beverages. Some coaches allow water additives such as Mio. Make sure there is no aspartame.

If you're having a tough time getting all the veggies in, consider pureeing veggies into IP soups. Also make a blender "shake" with a drink mix or pudding mix (I use Dark Chocolate) and puree some raw spinach. I amazes me how you can't taste it.

I do much better cooking my veggies than trying to eat so many raw veggies all the time. I just finished a veggie stir fry for lunch. Good idea on getting some chopped up at the salad bar. This would be expensive to do long-term, however!

Collagen foods (Rasp Jello & Blu/Cran/Pom): There seems to be some discrepant info based on different info from different coaches. My coach (who is a regional rep and goes to all the IP conferences/trainings) said the collagens are incomplete proteins and are to be used every-other day as an additional packet, if desired. So, I should not use one of those 2 packets as one of my 3/day packets. Instead, I'm welcome to use one of them every-other-day as a 4th packet.

The weight loss starts out fast but as water weight passes, it'll slow down. However it is STILL faster than other plans I've tried in the past

You can change the timings of your food if you feel like you're trying to eat too much at once. I start veggies with breakfast. Some people split the 8 oz meat protein into lunch and dinner portions. Make it workable in your life.

I hope you've seen all the recipe threads. They can be found in the stickies and in the first post of the daily thread.

Welcome to you and good luck on your journey

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-23-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

I was going to say everything Lisa said so I'll just say welcome!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #4  
Restart Apr 8 2013

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the suggestions. -Starting the veggie ones today...

The water is called Glaceau Vitamin Water Zero. My son found it for me because I have trouble getting all that water in. It says it is sweetened with less that 1% of erythritol and stevia.

So I can have one collagen food every other day and I don't trade it for one of my packets or my 8 oz. protein? It is just a fourth freebie packet every other day? (Sorry, but I know this diet is pretty strict and don't want to mess up!)

Thanks Lisa and Lori!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelbelle View Post
So I can have one collagen food every other day and I don't trade it for one of my packets or my 8 oz. protein? It is just a fourth freebie packet every other day? (Sorry, but I know this diet is pretty strict and don't want to mess up!)
According to my (regional rep) coach, yes. It would be in addition to.
I had one as one of my three packets my first week and she corrected me, telling me the protein is incomplete and they shouldn't be used as meals or snacks, but rather additional.

Re: Vitamin Water Zero. I'd use in a pinch. Like I use my Mio. Excess sweeteners slow some people's weight loss down. Others have no effect. You get used to more water pretty quickly. I use Mio if I "want" something sweet or if I'm just "done" with water, which happens sometimes. The big thing is learning to live without everything being sweetened. But a transition time is helpful. Otherwise the switch to IP is a pretty rude awakening.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

I didn't know that about the jello and blueberry cran drink. I haven't tried the drink yet, but love the jello. I am definitely going to ask at my place to see what they say.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #7  

Welcome! You will be feeling better soon. The packet instead of protien option is called boot camp. Ive never done it but there are several on this site who have and will gladly tell you how. Its my understanding that you really don't do boot camp unless your weight loss is stalled.
Also, I don't bother with the cleanse. There is a tea called smooth move that will take care of it for you and it is wonderful! The cleanse is an unnecessary expense. Come back often and you will see all kinds of ideas, support and advice. It gets easier but you have gotten the basics PLAN AHEAD!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #8  
Restart Apr 8 2013

Thanks so much to everyone for all the good info!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

There's not much I can add to the great information you've already gotten The last THREE vitamins you listed (Omega, anti-ox and enzymes) are ALL optional - and if you choose to take those, you can get whatever your local pharmacy/health store carries, the IP versions of those don't really offer added benefit that I have found. I use IP Multivitamin, CalMag and Potassium Calcium, but the rest I get from Wal Mart

RE: Cleanses - they really are a waste of money. You can buy psyllium husks from a health store for a fraction of the cost if you are having constipation issues. You don't need to take vitamins to "cleanse" your organs, cleansing is what they DO.

It sounds like you've done your homework and you have a good handle on this - you'll do great!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #10  
Restart Apr 8 2013

Thanks so much! -Especially for the news about the supplements. I have had three bouts of very bad stomach cramping. I believe it might be the IP Omegas. It didn't occur to me until I read your post. I can't wait to go back to my less expensive ones and see if the stomach settles. (Can't eat shellfish and theirs might be made in a facility with shellfish???) Anyway, I appreciate the good info!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #11  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Good Luck! My husband and I started 3 weeks ago and we are still getting use to it all! Our coach says we can use Stevia but would stay away from most of the others.... and I can use Crystal Light or Mio when I just can't stomach water anymore lol

But like the others have said others will tell you other things. It's crazy how different coaches are. A friend at work goes to a different clinic and her lady lets her drink as much crystal light as she wants, eat as much sugar free Jello she wants and encourages her to run the 2-3 miles she does (without upping her intake)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

my coach said no to vitamin water
Old 11-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #13  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

What are your thoughts on using Jay Rob whey Vanilla protein powder, fellow warriors? I used it before i started this diet and would love to get back to it if it is IP friendly!!It cud save me a lot even though i do like the convenience of a packet and the taste is ok.I loved the ingredients in it and it has protein isolate (only) as protein source.
Thank you!!
(PS: i did check other threads and I am still confused and cud use ur input to make up my mind)
Old 11-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria05 View Post
What are your thoughts on using Jay Rob whey Vanilla protein powder, fellow warriors? I used it before i started this diet and would love to get back to it if it is IP friendly!!It cud save me a lot even though i do like the convenience of a packet and the taste is ok.I loved the ingredients in it and it has protein isolate (only) as protein source.
Thank you!!
(PS: i did check other threads and I am still confused and cud use ur input to make up my mind)
Never heard of it... post the Nutrition Facts from the package & we should be able to help.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #15  
~Erika~

I'm back for Round 2 with IP. I lost 25 pounds in June, then gained back 5 last month so here I am I do IP with alternatives so I'll defer to the lovely ladies who've answered your questions. Just wanted to say Welcome and good on you for clarifying to make sure you understand
Closed Thread