South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thanksgiving on The Beach - November 22

Yes, I got the date right for a change. I seem to be running a day behind and really goofed when I tried to change yesterday's thread title. Oh well, it keeps you on your toes!

Happy Thanksgiving Day to my American friends. I am fully expecting to smell turkey roasting when I'm in Brockville today and the wind blows across the St. Lawrence.

No official gym today but Donna is coming to clean. She works better on her own (likes to chat) so I will do some outside work and errands. I am hoping to get the outdoor lights and garlands sorted out and maybe in place. I have already hung the bg natural wreath I made yesterday on the porch and found and hung the side door wreath. I refuse to put up the tree or do indoor decorating until Dec. 1 and leave everything in place until January 6. I'm a real traditionalist.

Later today I hope to finish my gift list and be ready to hit the stores tomorrow morning which is supposed to be the Canadian Black Friday. I doubt that many Canadians will cancel shopping trips across the border. The line-ups will be huge!

Enjoy your day with family and friends, US Chickies!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm unusually thankful this year.

And while I AM thankful that the steroids seem to be working for me, I am most unthankful that I have already gained a pound and a half since I started them on Sunday despite hardly eating. Sigh.

We are hosting a mish-mash of family this afternoon; everyone brings something so it's easy and casual. Both boys made it home safely. The house is almost cleaned. I have time to workout still this morning. Thankful.

And I am thankful for your friendship and support over the years. You chicks rock.

Hugs.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Giving Thanks SBD Daily Chat for 11/22

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

The aroma of turkey and pumpkin pie will be wafting in air all day. My turkey is going in at 8:30, and I made my pies last night.
It's been a pretty sad week, but I am counting my many Blessings and have so much to be thankful for. And I'm especially thankful for all of you dear friends here on The Beach for all your caring and support.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'll aim my dishtowel in your direction and wave the scent of turkey your way. We will sure be missing you this Thanksgiving. Next year, for certain!

Karen, I'm thankful your boys made it home safely, despite flight delays, and you are all together for the holiday. I'm sorry about the weight gain, but it's only temporary and the steroids are helping you heal, and that's what's more important. Have a happy day!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm always grateful for my friendships here.

Sis and I managed a bike ride yesterday then came home and prepared a spectacular (Ph 3) Vegan dinner (almost...two eggs in the pumpkin pie). Today we've been puttering around and will leave for Denver around 2. It's nice to have a quiet, non work morning.

I hope you all enjoy your day...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nov 2012 004 (640x480).jpg (35.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Nov 2012 005 (640x480).jpg (35.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. Debbie your dinner looks amazing!! We are having Boston Market at work today. I will partake in some turkey, veggies and a little stuffing. I am proud of myself for riding an hour before work today in my living room. I did get a little misty at work today watching the parade. Every year my Grandpa would tell us he NEVER had a hot Thanksgiving meal because he had to help blow up the balloons and be in the parade. He worked as a truck driver for Macy's dating back to the Great Depression. He was the on,y one in his family who had a job then. Grandpa supported 9 brothers and sisters plus his parents. He actually got the job under false pretenses, using his deceased brother's birth certificate to obtain a driver's license. When he turned 18 he went and got a license legally, but had to confess to his manager. His manager was a woman, which was very rare back then. She told her bosses my grandpa used his middle name because there were too many Joseph's in the family. His deceased brother's name was Pierre. I am so incredibly grateful for knowing my family's history. The first year after he died was so sad not hearing the story we rolled our eyes at for years. I still keep his memory a live and remind my son of this story every year. I hope he remembers it watching the parade without me.

Darn it I am getting misty again lol
Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jekel, misty is good,especially when you have so many memories. Enjoy!

We are having a gloriously sunny day. The only thing missing is the smell of turkey roasting. Would all you chicks south of me please open your kitchen windows and fan some of that deliciousness north. I am going out to cover the AC with a tarp for the winter and will be sniffing hard. They have apple and pumpkin pie sprays and pine tree too. Somebody has to invent a turkey roasting spray!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear ladies!!! I am currently suffering from food coma round #2. Enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee right now and REALLY wanting a cigarette. Today is the only day of the year I actually miss being a smoker.

Lunch today was at my older brother's house. It was surprisingly drama-free. Then I came in to work and we cooked everything here (we had everything made up and the turkey and ham were donated by a local BBQ joint yesterday). Now I'm miserably full and needing a nap, LOL

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!!! And Jekel, thanks for the sweet story.
Closed Thread