PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Default 2012 November PCOS *Support* Thread - Come All!

Hi everyone!

October was a quiet month and you can find the thread here. Let's make the November a more interesting month, especially now that we are facing the holidays and all kinds of temptations.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...rt-thread.html

Who is here this month?
How are you?
How was last month?
How is your PCOS management last month?
What are you going to work on in November?

Last edited by Rana; 11-01-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #2  

Who is here this month?
I am, somewhat. I won't promise to be on the thread all month long because, like you saw in October, I've been out. I've had a lot on my plate and my goal is just to maintain at this time.

How are you?
Overworked, underpaid, and ready for a vacation!

How was last month?

Maintenance was my goal and more or less I was there. I go up and down a couple of pounds, but the scale reads between 161.6 to 163. It works for me. Obviously, if I eat a lot of sodium it goes up, but for the most part, I have figured out how to maintain at this weight.

I was asked recently why I don't do something to keep losing the remaining pounds and the reality is that I don't have the time. Yes, I will lose the next 20 lbs, but not now. Maybe in 2013.

Good. Taking my vitamins and supplements, getting my period, and eating low-carb. It works. Oh and exercising.

Maintenance. And if I can inch down to 161 or 160, I'll be super happy. I just haven't found the time to cook. I know I should, but it takes away from time to do the other stuff in my life. I've been living off the frozen meals I made a couple months ago. Good thing I froze them. And at the same time, good thing I'm eating them!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Who is here this month? Well, I'm here for the first day of the month...

How are you? Coming down with a head cold. I have the chills too.

How was last month? Pretty awful. I struggle with menopausal PCOS stuff...the stuff that regular doctors don't believe in. I went to see a naturopathic doctor recently and she says I've got adrenal fatigue. So, more sleep and regular meals, no more cardio till further notice. Getting blood and saliva tested next week.

How is your PCOS management last month? I can't remember back that far! Memory issues too! I think I remember crying at commercials.

What are you going to work on in November? Changing up my diet to more veggies, less protein, more healthy fats, taking all my supplements again. And getting strict with myself on good sleep hygiene.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #4  

Welcome back, Georgia!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Thanks Rana. Seems like I fit in on a lot of threads, so I check in with everything that applies on a rotating basis. It's led me to a lot of information and lifestyle changes.

Today I'm feeling a bit better. Still stuffy-headed, but no more chills. And I'm really hungry today! Tomorrow I'll get back to exercising, but today I'm reading up on ketogenic diets. Carbs mess with my blood sugar, too much protein messes with my blood sugar, fat doesn't. I don't want to just eat eggs, bacon and avocados (once a week is fine!), so I'm reading The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald now. I'm okay living without grains, but I gotta figure out just how many veggies I can fit in and what level of protein won't mess with my blood sugar.

I was hoping to get back to Pilates class this morning, but it just wasn't meant to be. Tomorrow...
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/300/200

Height: 5'6

Who is here this month?
I'm here! I'm new to this forum- well to 3 Fat Chicks in general.

How are you?
Tired-but tired of being tired and ready to make a change!

How was last month?
I turned 27- my golden birthday. Made me realize I'm not getting any younger- I need to get healthier.

Getting back on track with my Metformin.

I need to get in the mentality that I need to stop focusing on the number on the scale- and instead focusing on getting into a good groove with excercise and meds/supplements. I eat well- but I could work on that as well.

*Really excited to find this supportive community.
nikers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #7  

Good luck! I can't imagine having all the limitations you're dealing with -- no carbs and no protein! -- really, I guess it's fats and leafy greens... right?!

I hope you find a good diet that works for you.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #8  

Nikers85!

I hope you find the supportive community you need here!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome everyone! And thanks Rana, for getting the Nov threads going!

Who is here this month?

Me!

How are you?

Still super busy and sometimes overwhelmed.

How was last month?

For my own healths? Pretty good for mind, heart, and soul. For others? Worried.

Eldercare for dad -- still not what I wish. But I've given up quibbling with my parents. They don't seem to feel the same urgency as I do for being proactive. I know it's a combo fear/denial thing.

Initially last year I was all "I don't give a damn, just get him on meds! And since the same meds would be given for one of his mental health conditions as it would for early Alzheimer it was good enough for 2012 just to get that far!

As 2013 approaches, I really would like to get him dx'd but he's unwilling and mom won't push in places I would and honestly? I'm exhausted getting them this far and I start to feel like if they don't care to clock the time, why should I? I have my own healths to manage better.

Dealing with disappointment -- I'm not sure yet how to fully reconcile all that.

Still working on body health and have some labs this month and endoc check up. I struggle with the weight thing and I'll be honest -- my probs are time management and not prioritizing ME and my needs for exercise.

Mentally I'm changing gears to think about me. And Deal with my health.

I'm not getting the return on my time investment with the time I spend on parent healths so refocussing that energy on ME should pay off better. For me anyway!

Be more present here. At least check in once a week. I think that's a reasonable goal for the first month.

Trying to keep it doable when I don't even know my own time schedule just yet.

Thanks for being here!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #10  

Welcome back, Astrophe. I'm sorry that the stuff with your parents isn't getting any better, but I do believe in that whole concept that you have to take care of yourself first in order to take care of others. And that's not just your PCOS, it's your mental and emotional health too!

Here's to a good November for you!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #11  

Bumping for the newbies if they want to join us here!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Ok, so another week. I'm a-checkin' in!

Thanks, Rana. I know I just need to step back from that whole issue. It doesn't help we also have eldercare stuff on the in-laws side.

For myself? I'm starting over. (Aren't we all starting over each day with PCOS?)

Cleaning out the kitchen really well and getting things that do not belong out of here.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #13  

Hey, you're doing fine, Astrophe. Yes, every day is a new day, so no worries on what happened yesterday. Focus on today, this meal, this hour.

I need to get my butt in gear too -- I've been lax about my food choices recently because I've had friends get married and all the celebrations that come with that. It's time to focus again on healthy foods before the holidays derail that.

Thankfully, my family and friends are on board with healthy eating. The issue is the boyfriend who loves to show his love for me through food...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #14  

Default I am new here!!

Who is here this month? my name is elizabeth or liz or lizard
How are you? hmmmm getting there...watching carbs...none or very little at the moment....started with a cpap machine...sleeping not for long but quality sleep...taking duramine and walking a small amount twice a day..suffer diabetes 2...swelling a lot in my legs with the heat etc...cutting back on sodium...bad back osteo arthritis so limited in exercise...looking forward to pool exercise with the walking (local pool is shut but reopening in a week or so)..feeling better in a lot ways since being on the cpap machine..i have GORD too!!..lol..lol...lol...never ending!!

How was last month? okays..struggling with weight and health issues though..but more resolved now..a bit depressed too
How is your PCOS management last month? okays i have regular periods but they are heavy
What are you going to work on in November?..cutting back on salt...carbs..increasing exercise...sticking to my diet
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote