Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 08:06 AM   #1  
Average White Girl

Default Thursday, 9-18-03

Good morning.

Normally I'm not even awake by now, but my fiance had to go on a trip today,so I woke up with him, and haven't been able to go to sleep again. Between last night and this morning, I ate too many ritz crackers. As I lay in bed, swaddled in guilt, I realized something...all this obsessing over 5-10 lbs? I've been more actively trying to lose weight for about 3 months. I lose and gain, lose and gain. In the end, I'm the same as when I started. I feel good, though. I feel as though I am coming closer to a more healthy out look, that no food is really "off limits", it's just common sense. If I eat well when I'm hungry, remember fruits and veggies, and do what I know is best for me, I'm closer. I like the guidelines WW sets up for me, and it helps me with portion control. But I am closer to not beating myself up for eating too many pretzels or having an extra pudding.

Today I have to work. I'm kind of tired, so I think I may nap and not work out today. I"m just too tired to do it. I'd fall asleep on the floor during mat workouts.

Tomorrow night I am going to see George Carlin. We'll be catching dinner in a different town due to time restrictions. I was hoping to use my flex points for this event, but a piece of cake and those crackers messed that up.

I"m really interested in that Dr. Phil book, but, being cheap, I'm not going to buy it. Maybe it's at the library. All the chicks in the optical want to read it..maybe we should put all our money together and get it that way.

I also need to purchase a straw. I have a huge drinking glass 64 oz, but I can't lift it easily to drink from it. I need a huge straw that doesnt' get lost in it. Right now I'm using a regular straw that I have rigged not to fall in.

Not real exciting, but thenagain, IM' not really awake.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:15 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hi Alteaon thats so cool your going to see ol George, he's a riot. Has he cleaned up his act or is he still pretty raunchie ? LOL... I'd love to see him, enjoy and don't stress to much over dinner just enjoy. Its such a shame that when we go some where we feel so guilty over enjoying ourselves (meaning dinner). Thin people don't do this to themselves why do we ? I have a huge 64 oz drinking mug too, I got it from the local grocery store, its got a lid and a huge straw, every one here at work makes fun of me so I tell them its filled with vodka jerks.
It helps me get down my 64 oz a day so phooie on them

Nothing much new here, just waiting for the hurricane to hit this afternoon. We aren't getting the brunt of it but we will get the rain and heavy winds. Hopefully not to many trees will fall. The ground is so saturated because of all the rain we've had the past few weeks that with heavy winds, those babies are gonna tip right over.

Time to make my tky bacon and coffee.

Catch you later

Love, Leens
Old 09-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #3  

I registered to journal here today. Don't know how often I will though cause I'm not in the habit.

Nothing to report here.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:37 AM   #4  

Red face Morning~!

Just got home from work so I am going to go lay down for a couple hours before I have to go pick up dd.....bye for now.

Eliz
Old 09-18-2003, 11:46 AM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Hello all. I am so wiped out today.All that i did yesterday has me pooped.i slept well last night though.I just wanted to drop in and say hello before I go lay down for abit. I will be back later.

have a nice day.
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang! It's almost lunchtime here. It has been so busy and I've been pmsing all week - I've been on the verge of crying or screaming at any moment for no reason at all - ain't it fun being a woman!

I'm gonna go walk at noon and come back and eat some lunch.

I've been trying to read thru Dr Phil's book - I'm really trying to keep an open mind and probably haven't got to the good stuff yet, but I am not overly impressed. Of course, I'm reading with a million interruptions so maybe I'm just not taking it in. I got a newsletter from 3fatchicks today and I see that they will be starting a book review on the boards and they are starting with Dr Phil's book. At least I will be able to join in if I have the time. might be interesting.

I wonder if Cin is having tea with the Duchess right now! hehe i'm sure she is having fun!

hope all is well !

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-18-2003, 12:35 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by cathyxxx
Hey gang! It's almost lunchtime here. It has been so busy and I've been pmsing all week - I've been on the verge of crying or screaming at any moment for no reason at all - ain't it fun being a woman!

Ummmmm yeah considering mother nature arrived for me today. YUCK!! I am ready to eat some chocolate....
Old 09-18-2003, 01:03 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

OKAY PUT THAT EVIL CHOCOLATE DOWN !!!!!! Save it for a planned day, just back away from it slowly and hand it to me

How do you expect to reach your mini goals ???? besides if I'm not there to share it w/you, it won't be as fun

I hope Cin is taking pictures, that would be cool.

Tip don't worry about not journaling EVERY day, how much can yah say ? I dunno, I just don't have it in me to do that every day. And yes, I did try.

Lizzy, nighty night !!
Old 09-18-2003, 01:47 PM   #9  

Lynnie that is why you are so tired. I am always ready to lay down right b4 I start and the first few days too. I am just jealous, I want to take a nap but work is getting in the way of that.

I would love to see some pics too if she is taking them.

Nothing good happening to me today. Sorry.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:15 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Leenie: I haven't touched the chocolate yet But I bought some of the slim Klondike ice cream sandwiches I might have to eat one in a bit.

Kempy:

Awwww then I won't lay down.I will stay up with you.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #11  

George Carlin normally has his special on HBO
Old 09-18-2003, 03:42 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Thanks Annex unfortunately we don't have HBO, I don't watch that much TV to pay for a premium channel. I'll have to ask my sister to tape it for me, she's a TV nut and she does have HBO

Kem, Lynnie's gonna go lay down and take one of those ice cream bars with her..... @%&#_%& lol
Old 09-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #13  
CIN

Default The Duchess!

Hi Gang!
I will have to write Friday morning and give you the deatils because I am cooking supper ( downstairs) and need to watch the stove.

I WILL say The Duchess Super meeting and hearing huge sucess stories from 5 local members was a totally awesome experince! made me cry.....................SHE (Sarah) is lovely!

More later
Cin
P.S. Sorry.please know I am not "stringing you a long"..I am running a bit late and we have church this evening!
Closed Thread