Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/220/180

Height: 6' 0"

Unhappy Off Program effects?

I have been on the program for a month and I have lost 16.5 lbs. Over the weekend I was at my sister's bachelorette party and went TOTALLY off plan. I had pizza, chips, beer, wine, desserts....I only weigh in every 2 weeks because I live so far from the center and I am afraid of how far this past weekend will set me back. Has anyone gone off plan for a day or two and do you know how long it takes your body to get back on track? I plan on drinking as much water as possible and I will be completely staying on plan until my next weigh in.
Laura M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura M View Post
I have been on the program for a month and I have lost 16.5 lbs. Over the weekend I was at my sister's bachelorette party and went TOTALLY off plan. I had pizza, chips, beer, wine, desserts....I only weigh in every 2 weeks because I live so far from the center and I am afraid of how far this past weekend will set me back. Has anyone gone off plan for a day or two and do you know how long it takes your body to get back on track? I plan on drinking as much water as possible and I will be completely staying on plan until my next weigh in.
don't fret, we've all gone off plan, it usually takes 3-5 days for your body to get back to the fat burn mode! I went off over a weekend not to an extreme but felt sluggish for a day, but started back OP on monday and by the end of the week I lost I think 1.5 lbs. Everyone is different because of the metabolism. good luck, you'll be fine.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #3  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

I normally gain a pound or two over a couple of days of eating garbage, it normally comes off again pretty quick, don't worry about it , it will all be gone again very soon. I saw a picture of a calendar and it looked like this:smilies are OP days, frowns are off program days.
s m t w th f s

this will still come out to a loss by the end of the month.

look at the big picture not your bad weekend. You'll be fine! Wishing you luck at your next weight in! Get back on the wagon right now and you'll be great!

Last edited by cheeriloos; 11-12-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: explain the calendar of smilies!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #4  
FatBurningQueen

S/C/G: 230/224/160

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
I normally gain a pound or two over a couple of days of eating garbage, it normally comes off again pretty quick, don't worry about it , it will all be gone again very soon. I saw a picture of a calendar and it looked like this:smilies are OP days, frowns are off program days.
s m t w th f s

this will still come out to a loss by the end of the month.

look at the big picture not your bad weekend. You'll be fine! Wishing you luck at your next weight in! Get back on the wagon right now and you'll be great!
This is such a good mentality to have. The part I always struggle with is telling myself that it's worth getting back on the wagon. My brain is so clever at finding ways and excuses just to drop it all and revert back to how I was before!
GeraldineHearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #5  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

@ Geraldine , Me too! but the sooner you move on the better, easier said than done i know.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 366/325.5/160

Height: 5'10"

One of the ladies at my local center explained to me how difficult it is to change a habit - and in order to be "perfect" on this diet - our habits have to change. We are trying to change what has been natural and normal for so long...so our brains are saying, "N0 - that's not right - I want..."

She followed up this tidbit to tell me that those who are trying to change a habit are the hardest on themselves. For instance, my roommate sees my dedication and marvels at the self-control I have demonstrated over the last month and congratulates me on my weight loss. I see my few slip-ups in my journal...but I have to remind myself that the big picture says, I'm doing pretty darn good!

Good luck - get back on program - and relax. :-)
librarywench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #7  
Kandra

S/C/G: 290/278/150

Height: 5'2"

I think you'll be fine! I'm much more of a 90/10 girl myself... If I tried to be on plan everyday perfectly, I'd get to legalistic with it.. then I'd get negative thinking all the things I can't have instead of what losing weight means... ya know? So for me it's all about making it work with my lifestyle. I've been on plan, but the day my daughter and I (last Thursday) went and watched the Twilight Saga Marathon at the theatre - we were there from 9:30 am to past midnight... I got a salad for lunch and ate as close to plan as possible.. but I also had some popcorn and a little pizza... It's a once in a while thing
mindboggld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura M View Post
Well I did the programs and nobody is perfect but I CHEATED alot. I lost about 81 pounds within 5 months. This web site helped me alot though I wasn't a member at the time. Just have faith in yourself and everthing will work out.
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #9  
Kandra

S/C/G: 290/278/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinDoll View Post
Well I did the programs and nobody is perfect but I CHEATED alot. I lost about 81 pounds within 5 months. This web site helped me alot though I wasn't a member at the time. Just have faith in yourself and everthing will work out.
Whoa! How the heck did you cheat and lose so much in 5 months?? I think that'd be nearly impossible for me!
mindboggld is offline   Reply With Quote