Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I worry about that a lot too! I've got stretch marks everywhere and wonder if my skin will look so bad I may as well stay fat. I think that's part of why I haven't been able to be fully committed to losing weight ( I know stupid fear but I'm silly I guess) I heard that keeping skin moisturized can help the skin while losing weight i hope its true.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #17  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

NEVER Ever ever everrrrr let the "I might as well stay fat" thought cross your mind again!!!

You are too important to self sabatoge. LOVE yourself! Love your body enough to let it be healthy.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #18  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Stop worrying about this!!!

Whatever your body looks like when you lose the weight, will be a billion times better than how it looked with pounds of extra fat on it. Just stick to it, don't give up, and cross that bridge when you get to it.

Everyone is different.
Totally!!

I don't care about my loose skin because it's so much better than when I was fat. I can do so much more that it's worth any headache of having loose skin and stretchmarks.

Everyone needs to stop worrying, lose the weight, and see what happens
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
NEVER Ever ever everrrrr let the "I might as well stay fat" thought cross your mind again!!!

You are too important to self sabatoge. LOVE yourself! Love your body enough to let it be healthy.
Thank you! I'm actually going to put that on a sticky note on my fridge. Its hard to not just give up but I'm working on doing my best and I'll try to start saying "I will lose weight" instead of "I hope I can"
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #20  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
See, that's the thing that worries me the most. I've had enough trouble with guys finding me attractive while being overweight (didn't happen til recently after I'd lost a good bit of it), now I have to worry about them being attracted to me, and then STILL being attracted to me once they see my naked, not-fat-but-obviously-used-to-be body. And you ladies can say "BLAHBLAH IF HE'S A REAL MAN HE'LL LOVE YOU FOR YOU!" all you want to, but quite frankly, I am not married yet and am not ready to BE married yet, and I'd like to be attractive for a potential mate, whether its for a relationship, sex, whatever. I'm only 22; I have a life to live.
The one POSITIVE thing you have on your side is youth. Your skin will recoop. Use oils and lotions religiously as you continue your weightloss and stay hydrated. Being 22 means you have not lost your elasticity yet. Read up on how skin cells reginerate. Your body is an amazing creature. For you - I would probably guess that weight training would help get rid of the extra skin. For us older ladies... its either surgery or deal with it.

Good Luck
JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Let me tell you from someone who has been there. After losing 200 pounds, I had a HUGE amount of extra skin. I was lucky enough to be able to have the skin on my abdomen removed. But my thighs still have a tremendous amount of wrinkly loose skin.

Having the extra skin sucks. BUT it does not compare - even MARGINALLY - with being fat and unhealthy!! I would take back all that skin in a MINUTE rather then carry even 10 pounds of FAT. It can't even compare.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #22  
Adbukovsky

S/C/G: 237/237/135

Height: 5'4

I was just simply asking if stretch marks was a contributing culprit to loose skin. Regardless if they are or not, I'm still loosing the weight. I just wanted to find out if that's a fact, and if not, how others look when they tone up their stretch marked stomachs. That's all. ^^
adbukovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #23  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I'll take a picture of mine in the morning. It's seriously nothing to worry about.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #24  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

lose skin sucks, stretch marks, suck. the scar from when you faceplanted off a swing in 2nd grade? sucks.

you know what those have in common? a story.

i've lost a large amount of weight- i have excess skin, and you know what? i absolutely love it. i am not thin by any means yet, but i wear a bikini to the beach, extra skin and all, stretch marks, and all, saggy boobs, AND ALL.

why? i am a tiger. i have bengal tiger strength. i put forth, a monumental effort to lose a LARGE amount of weight, and I am damn proud. I am a tiger, and I have earnt every single stripe I have.

Will you choose to be ashamed of your stripes, or proud?
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #25  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

If you have very little stretch marks then your skin has not been significantly damaged yet you are young and very lucky you haven't gotten a lot of stretch marks I will say this now and please listen.

LOOSE IT NOW!!

Because that will change if you lose it right now I say the odds of you having loose skin is very low if you wait because of your fear or whatever else that is stopping you, you will regret it. Don't wait don't be discouraged!

Also as you lose weight go by body fat percentage not weight or anything else to judge if you indeed have loose skin or not which is highly unlikely for you at this point judging by how you say your body is right now.

this is just what I believe I am no doctor but that's how I feel about it.

Last edited by going2bskinny; 09-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #26  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I'm 33 and have been overweight/obese all my life. Excess skin terrifies me. All I've ever wanted was to look good -once-.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote