Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 366/325.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Pelvic Pain?

Hi all,

I'm on the beige diet so for lunch and dinner I'm eating 6 oz protein each and very few carbs.

Yesterday and today I have had very uncomfortable pelvic pain. It feels like a mix between period cramps and a UTI. I've heard that high protein diets can affect kidney health...and I'm a little nervous because I've lived through one kidney stone and I NEVER want to experience that again.

Anyone go through this?

Thanks!
librarywench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #2  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarywench View Post
Hi all,

I'm on the beige diet so for lunch and dinner I'm eating 6 oz protein each and very few carbs.

Yesterday and today I have had very uncomfortable pelvic pain. It feels like a mix between period cramps and a UTI. I've heard that high protein diets can affect kidney health...and I'm a little nervous because I've lived through one kidney stone and I NEVER want to experience that again.

Anyone go through this?

Thanks!
YES, I actually went to the doctor today for this. He said it may be the roughage of the vegetables in the diet and told me to try to mix up the vegetables and see which ones make me feel better. I have been eating alot of cucumbers and salads so I am going to try for some cooked vegetables which may not be as stressful on my body. I also have endometreosis so mine may be because of that so I don't know. I wouldn't think that it would be from the protein affecting the kidneys because I have heard that before too but MRC is based off of physicians, scientists, and dietitians. I don't think that they would allow such a program if they thought that people were going to have kidney troubles. Plus, you are getting more water in than most people which is usually why kidney stones develop. Also, I used to eat 6 oz and I am now at 4 oz and just now experiencing a problem. Since all of our bodies handle and break down things differently maybe the protein is affecting you though, our bodies can be so hard to tell what's wrong with them sometimes! I would go see your doctor if it continues.

Last edited by dkdaisybutters; 11-17-2012 at 09:42 PM.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #3  

Wow! I've also had the same cramping I thought it was an adverse reaction to the artificial sweeteners in the HNS so after consulting with my center gave me a list of sortibol free HNS but now not sure what's going on but dkdaisybutter roughage theory makes a lot of sense!
Ispinmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 366/325.5/160

Height: 5'10"

For me, it's not roughage. I mix up my veggies all day long - fresh at one meal, steamed at the next. I get a variety of types, as well.

However, all high protein diets I have read any material about do warn against kidney problems and since I've had kidney and urinary tract issues in my adult life, I still suspect this might be what my body is trying to deal with.

They say MRC was developed by doctors, scientists, etc with lots of research - that doesn't eliminate side-effects...and for the record I haven't seen documentation on that or their research. As a librarian...I like to see that too...they haven't provided. I'm still a bit of a skeptic.

When I discussed this with my counselor, she agreed that the higher protein content may be putting stress on my kidneys and suggested I reduce the qty of HNS that I have daily by 1 until I can talk to my doc (I already had an appointment for other reasons, just adding this to the list). She also said a rapid/sudden weight loss can increase the amount of estrogen in my body and give me cramps. So - we shall see!
librarywench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #5  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarywench View Post
For me, it's not roughage. I mix up my veggies all day long - fresh at one meal, steamed at the next. I get a variety of types, as well.

However, all high protein diets I have read any material about do warn against kidney problems and since I've had kidney and urinary tract issues in my adult life, I still suspect this might be what my body is trying to deal with.

They say MRC was developed by doctors, scientists, etc with lots of research - that doesn't eliminate side-effects...and for the record I haven't seen documentation on that or their research. As a librarian...I like to see that too...they haven't provided. I'm still a bit of a skeptic.

When I discussed this with my counselor, she agreed that the higher protein content may be putting stress on my kidneys and suggested I reduce the qty of HNS that I have daily by 1 until I can talk to my doc (I already had an appointment for other reasons, just adding this to the list). She also said a rapid/sudden weight loss can increase the amount of estrogen in my body and give me cramps. So - we shall see!
Well I hope you get it figured out and it's not something serious! Let us know when you know what your doctor says. Praying for you
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #6  
Kandra

S/C/G: 290/278/150

Height: 5'2"

I havent had any problems (on beige diet too) but I don't have a kidney infection/stone history. I hope they figure out what it is and you can easily deal with it! Praying for health!!
mindboggld is offline   Reply With Quote