Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 336/???/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default A few questions

Hello everybody! I introduced myself in the introduction area of this site, my story is there. I do have a few questions, no I'm not new to Atkins, I've been dieting (unsuccessfully for about 12 years) I've read ALL of the Atkins books, and have been on every diet, drop, and pill out there Terrible but the truth.

Okay.

1. I've been on induction now for 9 clean days, had no induction flu (probably because my body is so used to the woe it doesn't bother anymore) yet I find myself very hungry immediately after eating. I just finished a HUGE salad (just lettuce) that was soaked with Olive Oil, black pepper and Apple Cider Vinegar and an entire chicken breast (cooked without oil/seasonings in the microwave...yummmmmy). I've consumed 64 oz of water this morning (it is now 10:54 AM) and yet, I'm starving. This is the second time today I've eaten, I don't understand this and can't remember it ever happening before, oh and I had a Slim Jim Beef'n Cheese snack about an hour ago...

2. It usually takes me 3-4 days until I see the keto skick go to burning ketosis...it took 4 days this time, but this morning when I woke up it was not pink AT ALL...PANIC...any insight?

3. Not seeing weightloss...of course I did not weigh when I started, but my clothing is still fitting the same, in the past within the first two weeks I've usually lost between 8-20lbs...does not look like that this time...any insight?

I don't want anybody to think I'm not thrilled to be back on Atkins and that I'm not thrilled at the amount of weight I've lost to date (started at a 4X in March and am now an 18 (not 18W, just 18) but I think it is time to up my game and any direction will be appreciated.

Also, I know a lot of people stay in induction until they are at goal, I have a long way to go with is another good reason to stick to induction rules...what do you think?

Thanks everybody!
LovingLibra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I'm back after a brief hiatus and excited to see new people! I feel like it took me almost the full 2 weeks on my last induction to stop feeling hungry all the time. I also went old school Atkins - treating myself to all the steak and bacon and fatty goodness I wanted - versus all veg. Maybe not the best way, but it kept me excited to be on the diet and kept me full. By the time I was a few weeks into ketostis, I added back in more veg. I've also read other posts that eating all your veg carbs in one sitting tends to make them hungrier later - to instead spread them out throughout the day. Good luck!!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #3  
zay

Is it possible you ate something that had hidden carbs in it over the last couple of days? Did you eat at a restaurant? Did you eat a bar that may have had something that triggered a spike in blood sugar? Good luck. Sounds like you are doing very well but just may have had an oops unintentionally.

You say you are used to this way of eating. That explains the lack of weight loss. You may have already depleted your glucose from your liver, muscles and tissues. This is the water weight. You may not have had water to lose...does that make sense?
Also, I know for me I must count calories. It is just too easy for me to overeat on them. All of the prep work and focus and no weight loss is very discouraging for me. I have to count the calories.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by zay; 11-16-2012 at 07:49 PM.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Would you mind posting a typical day's menu?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #5  

Default Talk about Atkins on TV

Hi guys,

First of all, this isn't spam. I've been in touch with Suzanne at 3 Fat Chicks who very kindly gave me permission to contact members in relation to this.

I'm contacting you from a television production company in the UK called Fresh One Productions. We'll be filming a new series for the BBC in New York next week, and we're looking for someone who's passionate about Atkins to talk to us about it.

We're looking for someone who really loves the diet, and feels that it's really worked for them and would be happy to tell us why and how. We want to show a real Atkins success story.

If this sounds like it might be you, or someone you know, please email me at alex at freshone.tv

alexbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote