Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #1  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Default My inner child= sabotage

Lately I have been struggling bad with my inner child having her tantrums. I am facing pms,not sure of arrival date, I have pcos.Saturday I gave in and had chinese food at dinner. That shut my inside voice up but today was utter pain, not only did I want bad food, I also wanted no part of my fitness. Before my slip up i weighed 213 and went back up to 219! To say i was stunned is an understatment. Suffice to say I decided after venting with my mom, to just get on the bike and get moving. Wow, I not only felt better from it but decided to weigh on a fluke. I lost down to 212! Wowee I am happy I ignored that inner child.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! I am long over the 'I made a mistake, so might as well make 15 more' thinking, but, like you, I feel so gross when I make a mistake, I don't want to work out. Then, that starts a downward spiral. You did exactly the right thing, though. Awesome.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #3  

Laurie, thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly I scheduled a dinner/dessert event this past weekend and found out I have been exceedingly weak due to my Tom finally hitting me. I was pretty late and every day was agonizing cravings. So yes , I need to keep tally on my slipups. lol. I am battlinng 2 repeat numbers due to these past 'slipups' ... I'm learning.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Yep. Always more to learn, even for someone who has lost more than 100 pounds. Good on you for keepin' on keepin' on. Progress. Not perfection. :-)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

There's a Japanese proverb that goes: 'Fall down six times, get up seven.' You just have to get up, dust yourself off, yell at your inner child and move forward again. I know it's hard sometimes, for sure. However, it's worth it when I/we do it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #6  

Thank you Beverlyjoy for that Japanes proverb. I did mess up after this thread. My 'tom' bit me hard and I gave in and hindered my plans. I will keep the provverb on hand now too. I'm back on track though.