Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/133/120

Height: 5"7

Default Medifast; Need motivational help!

Hello I started Medifast about 2 weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds. I have a lot of trouble sticking to it each day and often binge eat. Can anyone help me with not doing this? I need some way to improve my self control and will power. If anyone has any tips for motivating themselves, please share!
JessKittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there! I started just a week ago, so I know how you feel. I was used to eating and drinking everything in my path, so going to about 800 calories per day is terribly hard. I am not sure of your situation and how much weight you want to lose, but I need to lose about 40 lbs that I gained over the last couple years. To moviate myself I look at photos of when I was much thinner or look at recent pictures that mortify me. I also bought a couple new pair of really cool pants 2 sizes smaller for something to aim for. This is not easy to do! I also try to do things that get me out of the house or away from the kitchen. If I am at home and bored that is when I am most likely to go on a rampage. Medifast does work! I stuck to it true for the first seven days and am down 9 lbs! You can do it!!!
alidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

If you can get through the first 5 days, you will feel so much more in control. Just power through it, force yourself, tell yourself you MUST stay on plan for a week. After that, it really does get easier. Medifast helped me conquer binge eating. I hope it helps you as well.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/150/135

Height: 5 6 1/2

Oh girls, let me tell you - Medifast is SO worth it once you get past the first 7 days. I felt great after the initial 4 and going in to fat burning.

I've lost over 40 pounds in two months. I actually reached my goal.
The hardest part for me was eating ALL my greens. It was actually TOO much food to me.

But boy do I highly recommend Medifast. I tried everything else to no avail.
I'm 49 and with metabolism and all it just worked great for me.
Can anyone tell me if you're allowed to post a thread with remaining Medifast food I don't need? I have 20 boxes of meals left! If you can't do that here, no biggie. I'll put it on Ebay. Just thought some here may want to get a great discount. It's all NEW food.

My other BIG tip would be to drink, drink, drink your water! I always drank at least 64 ozs.

Last edited by StephV; 11-14-2012 at 05:21 AM.
StephV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/150/135

Height: 5 6 1/2

Sorry for double post, but I cannot recommend enough "Sandy's Kitchen" for Medifast recipes. Not sure you can add links here, but just Google: "Sandy's Kitchen Medifast". That woman rocks! All her recipes are Medifast Nutrition Support approved.

My favorite was her Buffalo Chicken Bake. Yum. And it was a complete Lean and Green for the day!
StephV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #6  

I've been on Medifast several times and once you get past the first three to four days it's much easier. The hunger and headaches go away, your energy level goes up, and you're not hungry anymore. I restarted this past Tuesday and decided this time I will mix in some Wonderslim foods that match the Medifast carb recommendations so I can stave off boredom before it hits. There's more variety and their food is cheaper. I'm glad I found this board because I never would have discovered Wonderslim without it.
demmerich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #7  
Married to Medifast user

If you have to have more food, is it better to just eat more of the bars and shakes than 'real' food?
Little Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234.5/226.75/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Medifast is hard but worth the work. Once you stick to the plan and get into ketosis it gets much easier and you can watch the weight just melt off. I also keep in mind how much I am spending on the diet to keep me motivated because if I cheat that is more money I will be spending to lose the weight (I am doing NLS not medifast but it costs about the same each month).
Kermit03 is offline   Reply With Quote