View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I live alone - so I'm alone a lot. It's definitely enabled my binging.

Sometimes I just have to sit with the thoughts and fight them. Basically just sit and not move until the feeling passes. If I want to eat because I'm angry/upset, I feel better if I can motivate myself to kickbox. It's a great outlet for aggression.

Crocheting keeps my hands busy. I have a chore schedule that I try to complete everyday. I just recently put together an exercise schedule too. Sometimes I get out of the house to run errands, shop without buying anything, or go for a hike. Also a couple hobbies that get me out of the house for meetings/practices.

I also try to remember my health goals. I jump on 3FC and browse the forums and remind myself that food may temporarily numb whatever is making me feel less than, but it's not going to fix the problem. I window shop online, especially with business clothes because one of my goals is to look and feel great at an upcoming conference. Last year I had to run out and buy new dress pants a size bigger the day before I left because I binge ate my stress of preparing my presentation.
Anail a Ghidheil, air a mhullach

Get to 130s
Advance all dances out of beginner level MET! 11 Jul 2015 Advance all dances out of novice level
Complete C25K
Complete first phase of NROLFW
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote