View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
atmos

S/C/G: 143/132/125

Height: 5' 3"

I live alone - so I'm alone a lot. It's definitely enabled my binging.

Sometimes I just have to sit with the thoughts and fight them. Basically just sit and not move until the feeling passes. If I want to eat because I'm angry/upset, I feel better if I can motivate myself to kickbox. It's a great outlet for aggression.

Crocheting keeps my hands busy. I have a chore schedule that I try to complete everyday. I just recently put together an exercise schedule too. Sometimes I get out of the house to run errands, shop without buying anything, or go for a hike. Also a couple hobbies that get me out of the house for meetings/practices.

I also try to remember my health goals. I jump on 3FC and browse the forums and remind myself that food may temporarily numb whatever is making me feel less than, but it's not going to fix the problem. I window shop online, especially with business clothes because one of my goals is to look and feel great at an upcoming conference. Last year I had to run out and buy new dress pants a size bigger the day before I left because I binge ate my stress of preparing my presentation.

atmos is offline   Reply With Quote