View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #20
Jean

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's "warmed" up to 30 degrees with a wind chill of 19. It was 17 at 6:30 this morning. Too cold too soon imo! Since the banks are closed today I will go in and count church money tomorrow. I did pick up the gift shop money and have that ready to go -- $1066.40 to deposit this week. I've done some laundry and ironing, rearranged some dust, and now need to put my gift shop work back together and returned to the shelf until next week.

Maggie -- I sure could do without the wind! I guess that is why we have so many windmills and more are being added around the area. The farmers blame them when the rain misses us or when we get too much rain or snow. Yes, prices are going up around here on everything! I hate to even go to the grocery store. I like to buy Minute Maid gummy treats -- they are now $7.99 for a box of 40 small packets. I think originally the box was something around $3.00. I will check at WM and SAMs next time we are there.

"Gma" -- Where would you go if you had an emergency medical situation, the ER? It's too bad you have to wait so long to see your doctor but I understand staying with one you like. Our minister recognized the vets yesterday which I thought was nice although there weren't very many in church. Jason always thanks someone in uniform when he sees them. to Thomas on his band promotion! I got an email back, from Hershnerr's, saying to take both ends of yarn and tie them together at one time. The knot is smaller and staying tied! I have been weaving the ends in as I go along. I would say I'm about 1/4 done with the afghan; I just keep going until it looks "right" on the bed.

Bob is at practice and I just got a call to sub in a card club tonight. I need to find something to wear! Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!

Last edited by Jean : 11-12-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote