PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #1  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Default Any other hardcore excess hair pluckers here?

At age 42 I suffer soo bad with excess hair in my face, chin and throat. It is so emotionally difficult because the excess weight has taken a toll on me, I am getting my old figure back but these hairs make it hard to feel pretty. When people look at me when I'm made up, it has ggotten me to a ,level of paranoia " are they looking at those hairs"? Circling thru my thoughts. <p> Does anyone else here have it this bad? How do you deal with it? I can't get rid of them with cream treatments they're too coarse.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Yes! It's so bad my husband hide the tweezers . Now I wax my chin, side burns, and neck 2 times a week. This hair grows fast.. The chin hair is the worst! I want to do some type of hair remover, but it cost too much... I will see, what else is out there but stick to waxing 2 times a week.

I don't wear make-up, but if I wax good; you would never tell I grow facial hair.

I blame my mother for me being so hairy.. I say this because; she always wanted to be hairy and instead of her being hairy. It has passed down to me! Grrrr

Last edited by Fatness; 11-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #3  

Gee your ma sounds as if she handed you a curse. I couldn't get the wax at home to work. I agree the cost of laser is spendy. They would see me coming and make out like theives. I get senical and tell my hubby I ought to let it go and become a bearded lady, circuses could make a come back. Seriously though I used to think the other symptoms were wicked but the testosterone/progesterone levels aren't fair. I don't know how true this is but I read a comment on another board elsewhere that garlic and onions increase hair growth.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I think if you want permanent hair removal, you'll have to save up for laser.

I don't get a lot of excess hair anymore, because I think I have my hormones under control.

So, if laser is to expensive, maybe you need to consider focusing on balancing your hormones by losing weight and seeing if that improves (or doesn't) your hair growth, coarseness, or length. You may find it gets less coarse or it doesn't grow as fast.

I'm a big advocate of treating the underlying issue rather than just the symptom -- work on balancing your hormones!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #5  

Thanks Rana. I hope it improves. Since I lost what weight I have it has uunfortunately become worse. 80 or so more I hope will turn things right. I certainly can save in case for the laser approach.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Sure, but losing weight won't necessarily affect your hormones in the right way. Our hormones are affected by our endocrine system and that can be wacky even if you're thin. That's why there are thin-Cysters, or women who have PCOS, but are NOT overweight.

Keep losing weight, because it is better for PCOS women to be at a normal BMI, but also consider going to a reproductive endocrinologist (who probably knows more about PCOS) and have your hormone levels checked and see if there are options in terms of balancing your hormones through other ways.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #7  

Thanks Rana. I won't give up. I just added milk thistle to my arsenal. I see it (in my mind) all off so I will keep enthused. Thank you for you advice.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/256/180

Height: 4'10"

I just saw that Olay is now offering a hair removal product for coarse hair. It might be worth a try.
Losing Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I shave my blasted chin every day. I've been doing this since I was in my early 20s. I am seriously considering laser treatment.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #10  

Losing Myself: Thanks for the headsup on the Olay product. I might try that.

Last edited by avalonmoon; 11-20-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: major misspelling becuase of my tablet kb.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #11  

Garnet2727, I think I had like 2 obstinate hairs back then (that I could see). Man have I grownmy share over the years a puberty teenage boy would be jealous of me. *giggles* It is disheartening though ... it gives my selfesteem a kick in the gut.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #12  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

This lady is a tweezy girl! I've been battling the hair since being a teen and have spent THOUSANDS!
I actually was one of the first to have the at home hair folicle burner - still have those scars! But it did kind of work. That was hair on my belly ..

For the chin and lip I use a tweezy twice a day. Hurts like all **** but it's the only thing that doesn't take an hour and I'm sure I got them all. Creams don't work on my facial hair.

My arms either get creamed or tweezied too.

I've thought about laser but for my hair they say it will take about 5 treatments .. expensive!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197

Default Tweezin maniac!

Ok, This is my first forum post, so I hope it ends up in the right place.
I was responding to hardcore excess pluckers....

I have the same problem and I pluck and wax, pluck and wax. It would not be so bad if it were not for the ingrown hairs and rashy look that is hard to cover. I have started using progesterone and it should help with lessening hair. (so they say) It seems the more out-of-control my PCOS hormones are, the heavier the hair is. Thanks, to Mr. Testosterone, UGH!
victoriousspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #14  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

I have the same problem I shave it off I plucked it and waxed it a few times but it is painful and it got too many to pluck without taking forever so now I just shave it off and cover with makeup can't see it then but I must stress this for all of us with pcos

STAY AWAY FROM SUGARRRRRRR

we have all these symptoms because we have a insulin problem stay away from sugar and you will notice a huge difference, I myself try to stay away from sugar as much as I can and I totally notice the difference as in it won't grow on the days I'm not eating any sugar or too many carbs and soon as I slip up and eat some sugar or too many carbs its like yup there it is again scruffy chin people have even reversed this by doing the atkins diet and regrown some of their hair and lost the face hair I am going to try not to have any sugar and see if I can reverse my symptoms as well but I always have a dumb slip up takes about 6 months to reverse it from what I have heard all the symptoms even clear up the cysts but you can't go back to eating sugar again or it will be right back again.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriousspirit View Post
Ok, This is my first forum post, so I hope it ends up in the right place.
I was responding to hardcore excess pluckers....

I have the same problem and I pluck and wax, pluck and wax. It would not be so bad if it were not for the ingrown hairs and rashy look that is hard to cover. I have started using progesterone and it should help with lessening hair. (so they say) It seems the more out-of-control my PCOS hormones are, the heavier the hair is. Thanks, to Mr. Testosterone, UGH!
Victoriousspirit, I get those ingrowns bad too.They make my throat,chin and jawline look dirty I'm sure. I hate it. Yes, I think our diet is tied to the growth. It's exhausting. Welcome to the forum.