View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Saturday ~ Chilly This Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a windy day here in the ♥-Land and in the 60º & 70º but the wind chill makes it seem much colder.

“You ARE what you EAT, and THINK, FEEL, SPEAK, ACT, and FOCUS your ATTENTION UPON.” (Cody Lundin) “There is not one destructive thing that can reach you or your world of action except you feed your Life Energy into it by the Power of your Attention.” (Saint Germain) I don’t think these talking heads were talking about “weight loss” but they sure sound like something we could pay attention to during our trip down this road that we are traveling upon to the land of “thin”. We do have to keep our FOCUS for this to succeed don’t ya think.

This day for dinner I will be serving 4 cheese ravioli with meat balls and marinara sauce along with a nice green salad and some fruit. The ravioli came from Schwans® but in the not too distant future the ravioli will come from Maggie’s kitchen. My mother made ravioli without having a pasta machine but the machine sure cuts down the work time. She used to spend much more time in the kitchen than I do these days. The bread she made ~ I have a bread machine and the list goes on. I do remember as time went on she did get a pasta machine and probably still has it. I had one before and we really enjoyed it but like a lot of things it got sold when we downsized into that motor home. I am looking forward to making my own lasagna noodles also ~ they are so much better than the store bought kind. I can make whole wheat and spinach ones or just plain ole ones. This is one appliance Will “really” wants me to have so he is buying it for me. He was looking at an electric one but it didn’t have the capability to make the wide lasagna noodles or the sheets for ravioli. It had tons of different ways to make all the other noodles one would want though. I really prefer the hand crank kind for I can control it better and adjust the thickness of the pasta. We don’t eat a whole lot of pasta but when we do we like the home made kind so much better then store bought.

I just ordered a better wooden drying rack than I used to have that takes up less room on the counter for the wooden dowels are all on one side as the other one has dowels all around a pole. The one I will be getting also folds flat for easy storage. If we had a Crate & Barrel here I would buy it locally but alas, I had to order on line. I used to love shopping at that store when we lived in CA. Will would have also ordered a rack when the pasta machine is ordered but the catalogue he is using doesn’t offer that rack. However he is getting me a long handled mesh 4 cup colander that strains pasta or vegetables right from the pot. I’ll be set for I can vision many uses for that tool.

We don’t have any surprises for our gifts to each other these Christmas times. We get each other exactly what they want and get it early. Works for us. I will end up giving him that M&M computer screen cleaner when it arrives so there is no surprise there even. Now that we have each other taken care of as far as a Christmas gifts I can concentrate on making some glass and other gifts to give. If I want to make some “stuff” I need to order some supplies.

JEAN Your Harvest/Thanksgiving dinner sounds like a fun thing to attend. It is always fun to go those types of get-togethers for folks are usually all in a good holiday mood. Be safe traveling to and back again. That black ice is so trecherous. That can be even spooky with 4WD. Don't land in a ditch. Aren't the holidays a fun time.

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y’all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote