Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #411

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Walking out the door... well almost. :)

Boy... that worked out GREAT for me. I get to start a new thread so I know EXACTLY where I left off when I get home. LOL

I had to sneak in before my husband gets here. He would KILL ME if he knew I was on this computer instead of packing. LOL As they say... what you don't know won't hurt you.

I already miss all of you and I haven't even left yet.
Just the thought of not coming here for 10 days is too much. LOL

If any of you want to see where I will be until Saturday check it out.
www.clariononthelake.com
If you want to see where I'll be Sat-Tues look up Roaring River State Park in Missouri. I don't know their web address but they do have one. (not that you care)

I really have to go now. I'm really not packed and hubby will be here in less than an hour.
I LOVE YOU !!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-17-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #3  

Hello Girls,

2 cute: HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!

CAN'T STAY SEEMS LIKE I AM ALWAYS RUSHING OFF SOMEWHERE THESE DAYS. GOING TO WATCH I LOST IT ON THE DISCOVERY HEATLH NETWORK CHANNEL, IT GIVES ME LOTS OF GOOD TIPS AND MUCH NEEDED INSPIRATION!!! THEN TO EXERCISE....WEIGH IN TOMORROW AT MY APPT WITH MY DIETICIAN, VERY EXCITED TO SEE HER, IT HAS BEEN A MONTH, AND I HAVE PROGRESSED SINCE THEN. SHE IS ALWAYS SO SUPPORTIVE AND KIND.

TALK WITH YOU GIRLS TONIGHT AFTER WORK (AROUND 10:30P), HAVE A HEALTHFUL DAY.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #4  

Have fun, 2Cute!

Today was weigh-in; I lost three of the four pounds I gained while in Atlanta. See? It wasn't as painful as I thought!

Now, about that shimmying to a good snappy tune we are entitled to though at the 300 marks, we are also entitled to other nice things like:

1. Wearing sexy underwear (the silky ones, girls)

2. A full day at the day spa, and I'm talking the works: facial, massage, pedicure, manicure, mud bath, massage, etc.

3. Did I mention bellydance and/or hula lessons? Some of the DHs/DBs may get a thrill out of those ones

That's just the beginning. I may be digging up more later. The best part is, none of these goodies are fattening.

Yesterday was clean the house, do the laundry and brush the cat brats day. I was going to procrastinate and put them all off until the weekend, and then I realized (yes, senior moment again) that the exterminator was due Thursday for the three-month routine spray, and the cable guy was also coming Thursday. Nope, can't have a dirty house then, can I? Yikes. So I pretty much had to get the lead out; I got the house clean AND my exercise--the best of both worlds.

Time for me to go for my walk--it is a lovely afternoon here and we have been fortunate not to have been hit by storms the way others in the East have...whew. So far, so good.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:01 PM   #5  

Thanks Kat for the permission to post away. You all know how I get when I'm doing well. God I needed this. To get back in to the groove of the weight loss and eatting right.

2cute: hope you have a wonderful trip. And do a little shimmy and shake.....have a ball.

Time to pack up here at work and call it a day. I have meetings tonight starting at 6 for Girl Scouts then one for 6th grade parents night at 7.....when will I get home? I don't know. I hope not to late, cause on top of that the kids still need to eat and get showers and homework done. Do you guys schools give homework out? My 1st grader has nightly homework. So picture me at the kitchen table with a kid on both sides and one doing Math that I can't remember how to do (fractions, and new stuff) and the other one cutting and pasting......and both saying MOM help me help me.......and DAD?????? Gets to relax. Whats up with that?????

Love ya all,
Sandy
Old 09-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #6  

Good afternoon all. Everyone seems perkey and cheery today. That's a good thing.

Sandy,
Whoa you've got your hands full. I don't remember getting homework when I was that young. I guess it depends on the teacher. My best friend taught 3rd grade and she was never correcting papers when we lived together. Maybe you just got lucky with a tough teacher. Try and take some time out for you today. You are important too!
Lori,
Congratulations on the loss! You are so right about doing nice things for ourselves. You know I got that belly dancing video and then it broke. I was supposed to get right back to the store and get a new one. Well it's been nearly a month and it's still sitting in a basket by the front door. I'm hopeless. Anyway, I think I will treat myself to some pretty new undies. That is a perfect example, thank you!
Pam,
I love that show. It is very inspirational. I love that they have real people on and their always doing it the sensible way. I hope someday that we'll be in the same position. Enjoy you're weigh in tomorrow. That is such a good feeling. Sometimes I am just bursting waiting to get to the doc so I can "show-off" my hard work. It's nice to have people cheering you on like that. Enjoy!
2Cute,
Enjoy your trip! We will miss you!

I am so happy that this week is half over. I'm hoping that we get a little tiny hurricane and get the day off. It would be such a dream to spend a day at home. Just enough weather to close, not enough to cause any "real" damage. That is so very selfish of me.

I am off to get more work done today. Chat with you all later!
Old 09-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hey gals....

Sorry I've not been posting much of late....but don't worry, all is ok on the weightloss front. Actually, that's probably the only thing that IS going right these days.

Ok..... as most of you know, I have issues with my mother. Not just because she torments me with God awful ugly clothes, but there are other reasons...... reasons I can't get into. Things that she let happen to me when I was a child. Things that I will NEVER forgive her for. I think most of you know by now, I consider myself a very loving person and for me to still hold this inside...... well, let's just say, it's not a good thing.

My Dad....well, let's just say I do not have a relationship with him. AT ALL. And I am FINE with that. I don't think I ever really had a "Dad". I had, I suppose...someone that fathered me. That was about it. He never showed any emotion, unless it was anger. The only time he showed me warmth....it was the wrong kind.

Anyways....and I am most definitely rambling..... My brother has always been the favorite. I'm not really sure why, but he has. It's not something I'm imagining and no, I don't have "Jan Brady Syndrome"... you pretty much know who the "Golden Child" in our family is.... and that's fine.

Last week, we went over to my Mom's house to mow her yard while she was out of town and Trey went through the house and counted 27 pictures of my brother's new baby girl..... and there are exactly only 2 of him. It greatly hurt his feelings. He kept asking me, "Why doesn't mamaw have lots of pictures of me too?" Don't get me wrong, I don't hold a grudge against my sweet little niece, she can't help it....I love her to pieces.... and this is where the drama really starts.

Steve, my brother...as some of you might or might not know, lives in Florida. In the last two years, I might have seen him 4 times. The baby was born in March and I've got to see her once. The last time they came to town, he didn't even come over and see me. I was heartbroken, because I just love my neice. I always wanted a girl....and our family has had generations and generations of boys....so when we finally had a girl, it was so exciting. Anyways..... I just love her.

Well, we heard a couple of weeks ago, that Steve has decided that he is going to move back to Tennessee. Good news, right? Well, hopefully. Steve and I have never really been close because I am a very open person and he got that lovely "closed off" personality from my Dad, so we don't mesh very well. He has a tendency to think everybody owes him something and in short.... can be a real A$$. BUT.....all I knew is that my little niece was moving home!!

So... Mom comes into work yesterday and asks me....now get this: if dh and I will ride down to Steve's house in Florida to help him get the U-haul loaded up and help him drive back. (14 hour drive) First of all..... I'd rather be boiled in oil, and while still crispy and alive, be chopped up into little pieces, (feeling each cut) and be fed to my worst enemy than to ride 14 hours in the backseat of the "caddy" with my Mom and Dad. Besides that, I have to work on Saturday, so . So Steve calls me and I tell him that I can't get off work... (and even if I could....I DON'T THINK SO) So, he says that why can't Ron ride down with Mom and Dad because he wants him to drive the truck back because he won't be leaving Florida at the same time because he has some "loose ends" to tie up.

TRANSLATION: I want your husband to ride in the backseat of **** with Mom and Dad for 14 hours, just to get here in time to eek out a few hours of sleep so he can get up and load all my crap into the U-Haul truck and drive it back to Tennessee and once it gets here.....guess who's expected to unload it? Once again.....I DON'T THINK SO.

So, I very politely apologize and tell him that due to work issues and other things..... (Trey might have a football game on Saturday) that he can't do it. Well, Steve starts getting all pissy and hateful with me.....telling me he can't believe I won't help him and I can't even tell you how many times we have helped him. Ron has laid on the side of the interstate and fixed Steve's car because he was too lazy or dumb to do it himself. He's helped him change motors in cars....you name it, he's done it. Heck, we were the ones that took off work (without pay, mind you) to move him down there in the first place.

Anyways....long story short, (or have we passed that point) when I told Steve that he couldn't.... AFTER he yelled at me and made me feel 1/2 of an inch tall....he said, "Well, just remember, I'm the type of person that holds grudges. I said, "Yeah, (rather wearily at this point) I know what type of person you are." He said, "Yeah, and when I hold grudges, I hold other things."

TRANSLATION: Since you can't do what I want you to do, then you won't see your niece when I move back.

I have cried all day today because he is just mean and hateful enough to keep her from me....and the worst part of it is, Mom of course....is on his side and I come out looking like the bad one.

I'm sorry this story has taken forever, but I just had to talk to you guys. I am SO upset.

Last edited by QueenB; 09-17-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #8  

Tina: How I wish I could reach inside this screen and give you a big ole hug......my heart is ripping into pieces for you....

I'm sorry you have issues with your mom, and by the wording I think I know what you are saying in the rest of it, and I wish again I could reach out and hug you tightly. Believe me we have more in common than you know. and really that is one thing I wish on no one.....

But do know I love ya girl......and you come here and tell all the long stories you want or need to tell, we will listen.

Love ya,
Sandy
Old 09-17-2003, 05:40 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Tina Darlin'.... Here's a big hug from me too.

Sounds to me like you try to do your best to hold together an adult relationship with your family and they don't want to see it. With what's happened in the past I certainly can't fault what you told your brother.

Cry it out and remember he'll get over his snit the first time he needs something. Guess who he'll probably come to the very first time they can't find a sitter?

Any time you need to talk, or vent, you know we're here for you.

Love,
j-ann
Old 09-17-2003, 07:06 PM   #10  

Tina: And I thought MY relatives were jack es! The only difference is I haven't seen my five older siblings in almost ten years, and--you guessed it--not to sound mean, but I don't miss them one bit. Kind of what the therapist tells me about unloading "unhealthy" people from your life; which was easy for me, since we weren't that close and I took most of the emotional abuse (and molestation from two brothers) anyway.

Anyhoo, you need a big ol' hug from someone that's come from similar...! And that manipulating, poor excuse for a brother of yours needs my size 8 foot in his behind!

Fortunately, on the good side, I did have a "dad." He may not have been the most affectionate person nor the most handsome rooster on the farm, but he was the most even-tempered, intelligent, and funniest person I knew for a guy that never finished high school (he lied about his age, enlisted in the Navy during WWII instead), and would go above and beyond to help any of us out whenever he could, even when his own health began to fail.

It was my mother and I that locked horns a lot as long as I could remember--at least till I was 28. It didn't help I was quite shy until I was 30. Of course, Mom had her favorites, Jan and Gary. Neither did no wrong. Gary'd come in at 3:00 AM and it was OK; I'd come in five minutes past curfew and get my butt chewed out. She'd couldn't drive across town to go to my business school graduation, but drove all the way to New York to go to Gary's graduation from diesel tech school. (They didn't got to Maryland for my college graduation, either. By then, I understood and forgiven her and we'd gotten close; my father was dying of cancer). Jan had an affair while she was married (she still is) and got pregnant by the guy 20 years ago, and Mom wanted it hushed up, then word got back one of my other brothers' married friends gave me a kiss and Mom acted like I was the family slut (I was 19). You get the picture.

It wasn't until I was 28 and she'd gone into congestive heart failure that we really started to "know" one another. For the first time in 28 years, she told me she loved me, which couldn't have been easy for her, being she came from a "cold" home herself, and apologized for the "shoddy" treatment I'd gotten. Not one to hold grudges (life's too short), how could I not forgive? Being she died two years later, it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

In any event, maybe it's time for you and Mom to sit down for a heart to heart and find out what is really going on here? Don't wait 28 years and blame yourself/beat yourself up for other people's shortcomings and issues like I did. They have the problem, not you. I know three people that love you no matter what, and I believe their names are Ron, Trey and Brian
Old 09-17-2003, 08:44 PM   #11  

Just checked out chat, not a soul to be seen.

Tina, I'm sorry your brother is being such a goof. I can imagine how you are feeling, it made me angry just to read about it. I completely agree with your response to him also. Sometimes it's hard to say no, (especially when you are dealing with a manipulative little turd) you just showed him what a strong person you are. It is true though, as soon as he needs a sitter I am certain it is you that he'll be asking a favor from next. Get yourself a cup of tea and take a virtual hug from me.

Last edited by justme2338; 09-17-2003 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:12 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

You know, I could have sworn I posted yesterday, but well... I think I just thought about what I was going to say and then went to bed. Yeah, I was just a little bit tired.

Tina, there was a lot of pain in that post, and most of it didn't seem to be coming from the present situation. That all seemed more like some sickly sweet frosting on the proverbial cake. I am so sorry your family feels they can treat you that way. You are such a wonderful, warm and sharing woman with an amazing wit (remembering the donut story right now ) and wisdom far beyond your years. Some people aren't worth sharing your gifts with. Think of casting pearls before swine.
Even if the family all gathers around your brother in a giant "Tina's mean" circle, eventually that beautiful little niece of yours will be old enough to see the world through her own eyes, and she will be looking for someone to provide what your brother is so sorely lacking in his life and you have an abundance. I'd love to be there giving you a hug right now. The other half of me wants to go give your brother a swift kick!

Lori, thank you for sharing your story as well. You shared some excellent wisdom in the not beating yourself up over other people's shortcomings. I'm still working hard to learn that one.

Ok, I was going to write some more replies, but just caught myself doing one of those startled waking up things sitting here at the keyboard. When did I turn into such a fuddy duddy that I'm falling asleep before 10?

Andria
Old 09-18-2003, 04:18 AM   #13  

Well, I wasn't going to post today, but I just had to say to *TINA*: I'm so sorry for you!! What a bunch of selfish jerks!! My in laws are like that. I have to say that the best part of living way over here in Germany is that we don't have to put up with their @#$& anymore. I'm afraid to move back!! Anyhoo, hugs to you girl!!

I won't even go into my family background. Nobody on earth has that kind of time. LOL

As for me, I've kind of stalled again on the weight loss. It's frustrating, but I see a pattern developing. I seem to plateau for 2 to 3 weeks, then WHAM lose about 8 pounds in a week and start the cylce over again. I'll say the best thing about this surgery is that I can't just give up like I always did before. If I plateaued for two weeks before, I would give up and pig out. Now when I plateau and want to give up and pig out I can't. I'm forced to stick with it and so far it's paid off cuz that one magical week of loss keeps coming around eventually.

Anyhoo, I have to do some running around cuz BOTH my cars are broken down and the one that is fixable is going to cost me 360 Euros to repair. EEEK!!! My DH is going to have a fit when he hears that. If he were here he could have fixed it himself for about $100. I know I'm getting ripped off, but what can I do? I have to have the car. Now I've got to figure out how to survive until next month.

Well, a big hello to everyone and I'll talk to ya later,
Jen
Old 09-18-2003, 07:23 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all not much to post
Old 09-18-2003, 07:28 AM   #15  

Morning chickees,

Just a quick hello before I head out the door for work. Yesterday turned out good, I ended up going over by 4 pts, but no problem just subtract from the flex pts. It's not that I over did it, just I had pasta for supper and I love pasta (enough said) if I had omitted the hamburger in the sauce I would have been fine, but it was well worth the pts.

My baby girl becomes a brownie this year in Girl Scouts, so to the meeting I went for that lastnight, my original Daisy troop is merging with an already existing brownie troop, this is a good thing!!! I only had 4 girls this year, now with the other troop we will have 12 I think, that is a good number and we will be able to raise money and do lots of fun fun stuff with the girls.

I left the GS meeting early because I had to be at the school for 6th grade parents night about information about the camp the kids are attending next week. (It's an outdoor, live off the land type camp) They leave on Monday and come back on Thursday afternoon, I'm sure it will be an interesting trip for a lot of them, as you have to electricity, no running water, you have to like I said live off the land. They have a farm that has fresh veggies and meat and all that.....and yup they gotta dig a potty at the camp site. (yuck) Wishing my boy well on his trip. Then they decided while they had us there they would do an information night of meeting with the teachers to see how they teach and what not, well finally 9:00pm I roll in the driveway. My whole night shot at meetings. Moms love.......

Jen: Nice to see a post from you......hope you continue to do well.

Andria: Nice to see you peeking in too. You know you may have posted and the fairies that sometimes come take our posts away may have taken it? Happens all the time.

Okay gonna run now, I have more to say (don't I always) but will save it for this afternoon.

Hugs,
Sandy
Closed Thread