Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 6

Welcome to the Vol. 6 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !! This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+ LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

time for a new thread ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Oh wow! those look yummmy! I have seen the PB2 somewhere locally... not sure where. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I think it was Fred Meyer. I have the cake mix already.
they ARE VERY YUMMY!!! one of those recipes that truly does not tastes like a low carb at all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Whole Foods carries the PB2, both the regular and chocolate one..at least mine does. You can also order it from Netrition.com

Morning everyone! FREEZING in the Windy City this morning. Burrrr!! No snow, but a lot of frost on the ground. Today is a stay in and sew all day. Making Santa Hat covers for the backs of my kitchen chairs. Daughter is coming home for Christmas this year, so I'm decorating!

Have a great day everyone and Rainbow I haven't forgotten about that box. Been a rough week here with the insurance company, roof inspections and adjusters. Murphy's Law as always! Until later.....

aww santa hats...how cute!! you must post a photo!!
no worries on the box...i will send you a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, all! Been MIA for a few days - very busy at work, but I am not letting it get in the way of staying OP!

Rainbow - That recipe looks fabulous! You are so kind to share all of your great ideas with the rest of us!! I am definitely going to go through all of your recipes as the holidays approach and put together a nice menu.

Saw some discussion about pets.... My walking buddy is Robin, a yellow lab. Having a big dog that needs exercise is a great way to make sure I also get in some exercise. Plus, she's always so understanding when I tell her about my problems at work, etc... and with the kids long gone, it's nice for me and DH to have some company. She looks just like Isis on Downton Abbey. (By the way, Rainbow - thanks again - still working my way through season 3.)

Taking the day off and Monday is a holiday for us, so I am looking forward to having some time to play in the kitchen and get started on Christmas shopping for the grandsons.

Have a great day all!
yes....you must try the truffles!!! yum!!! how sweet to have a dog like isis....such a lovely dog!!! glad you are enjoying downton....i'm already have withdrawals waiting on the christmas special!!! it is being filmed at inveraray castle in scotland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
PS re peanut butter -

How do you guys like the PB2?? I am really missing peanut butter and have been planning to include it in my phase 3 breakfasts.

Have seen a lot of good comments about Smucker's Natural PB, which does not have sugar added, but I definitely can't have that until phase 3.
i like the PB2 mixed in with other things....like a peanut butter chocolate shake or peanut butter crispy pancakes....and especially the truffles!!!! i wasn't totally sold on it as just plain peanut butter...its a good SUBSTITUTE....but then i am a peanut butter lover...so picky picky picky!!! hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning all. Rainbow - I believe you just helped me decide what my Thanksgiving dessert is going to be! Truffles!!!! Will need to order the main ingredients soon, but needed to place an order anyway.

Well, looks like I'll be on my own again this weekend. My VIP sometimes travels to northern IN to work as a sub-contractor. Now that he is also working here part-time through the week, he can only do these other jobs on the weekends. Sooo, think I'm going to do a few days of boot camp again. My scale has not moved in almost 10 days and I am getting very impatient to move on. Today is day 1 of bc; will go at least through Monday night & re-evaluate from there.
Have a great day!
yes....that is what i thought too...truffles for thanksgiving!!!! easy to make when traveling...all you really need is a microwave!!! yeah!!!

a weekend alone....are you watching downton abbey??? that would make for a splendid weekend to me!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi folks. I haven't checked in for a few days, and wanted to drop in and say 'Hi' again. No big news from my end... pretty much just still keepin' on keepin' on. I'm not losing - but I'm not gaining. I seem to be just fluctuating up and down between the same 2 lbs or so. I've noticed that if I stick totally with soups (as low in sodium as possible), puddings, and shakes... then I can get the scale down again. I guess I have to decide whether to do a boot camp of soup/pudding/shakes for a few days... or go the other extreme (as I seem to remember Wuv did at one point) and eat according to Phase3 for a few days to shock my system into weight loss mode again.

Tomorrow's a busy day... off to Toronto with family, to celebrate 3 November birthdays. A nephew (46), greatnephew (19) and greatniece (1). So that should be fun. The 1-yr old is adorable, and I don't get to see her often enough, so I'm looking forward to it. She's just starting to show her personality, and is growing into a little imp.

Hope everyone has a great day. And best wishes to all the Americans on here for a happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.

Take care. Talk to you soon.
i am like you, fluctuating this week....its frustrating!! i need another boot camp!!!
have fun in toronto!!! sounds like fun....be careful around all the celebrations an plan ahead!! YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
they ARE VERY YUMMY!!! one of those recipes that truly does not tastes like a low carb at all!!!

aww santa hats...how cute!! you must post a photo!!
no worries on the box...i will send you a pm

yes....you must try the truffles!!! yum!!! how sweet to have a dog like isis....such a lovely dog!!! glad you are enjoying downton....i'm already have withdrawals waiting on the christmas special!!! it is being filmed at inveraray castle in scotland!!!

i like the PB2 mixed in with other things....like a peanut butter chocolate shake or peanut butter crispy pancakes....and especially the truffles!!!! i wasn't totally sold on it as just plain peanut butter...its a good SUBSTITUTE....but then i am a peanut butter lover...so picky picky picky!!! hahahaha

yes....that is what i thought too...truffles for thanksgiving!!!! easy to make when traveling...all you really need is a microwave!!! yeah!!!

a weekend alone....are you watching downton abbey??? that would make for a splendid weekend to me!! haha

i am like you, fluctuating this week....its frustrating!! i need another boot camp!!!
have fun in toronto!!! sounds like fun....be careful around all the celebrations an plan ahead!! YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes - I need another boot camp too. I was thinking about my 'food situation' for tomorrow, and I'm taking a baggie with extra raw veggies and a protein bar with me... Hmm... a soup packet as well, to be safe. I don't think I'll have any problem ignoring the sweets, etc.... they don't actually appeal to me much anymore. But I'm not sure what's on the rest of the menu, and it may not be very diet friendly, so I'd better be prepared.

ITA with the others that your truffle recipe sounds delish. I had a box of those chocolate cake packets a while back, and found them really tasty. Plus the idea of PB2 is tempting me... so long since I've had peanut butter. That chocolate-peanut butter combo is a double temptation
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Yes - I need another boot camp too. I was thinking about my 'food situation' for tomorrow, and I'm taking a baggie with extra raw veggies and a protein bar with me... Hmm... a soup packet as well, to be safe. I don't think I'll have any problem ignoring the sweets, etc.... they don't actually appeal to me much anymore. But I'm not sure what's on the rest of the menu, and it may not be very diet friendly, so I'd better be prepared.

ITA with the others that your truffle recipe sounds delish. I had a box of those chocolate cake packets a while back, and found them really tasty. Plus the idea of PB2 is tempting me... so long since I've had peanut butter. That chocolate-peanut butter combo is a double temptation
sounds like you have a great plan!!! i agree...i have not tried the chocolate peanut butter combo YET!! hahaha so many foods so "little" belly to fill!! hahaha

i have found that my desire for SWEET foods has totally diminished!!! when i first bought the strawberry yogurt from nashua nutrition, i loved it, and now it it way toooo sweet!!!! i love savory foods...but i used to be a sweet eater!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sounds like you have a great plan!!! i agree...i have not tried the chocolate peanut butter combo YET!! hahaha so many foods so "little" belly to fill!! hahaha

i have found that my desire for SWEET foods has totally diminished!!! when i first bought the strawberry yogurt from nashua nutrition, i loved it, and now it it way toooo sweet!!!! i love savory foods...but i used to be a sweet eater!!!
I'm finding I like a balance and with IP I get to have that...Dark Chocolate pudding mixed with strawberry pudding (b/c the strawberry is too sweet for me on its own). I need to order some more cocomint...LOVE that stuff!!! But for now need to downsize the stores I already have...
Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #7  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

"a weekend alone....are you watching downton abbey??? that would make for a splendid weekend to me!! haha"
No, I'm not watching it. I can't stream on my service - it's way to slow. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Wow - so many of us are on the same wave-length! I started boot camp (all packets/no restricteds) again this morning. Going 4/5 days - through Monday or Tuesday. My scale hasn't moved off the same # in 10 days. Either it's going to begin going down or I'm going to begin phasing off. I just can't justify the ongoing expense with no losses much longer. The financial stress is really a worry, especially with the addition of the heating bill every month now. I've really been waffling about when to phase off for a month, and am wondering if my body is saying "enough". Still want to lower my fat % & BMI, but can work on those with exercise I think. IDK - will see what next week brings...
Now it's time to go to the store to stock up on veggies for the weekend! Make it a good one
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thanks AliKay for the tip on PB2 locations. I love shopping at Whole Foods, but it's a trip to go there. I will make a point to get in there now for sure (now that I have an excuse... to save on shipping charges ya know). Hopefully it measures up better than the WF PB spread. I get the thing Rainbow was implying that it's not real PB.. but the WF stuff is far from the real deal. I'm hoping the difference is like between the WF catsup and the reduced sugar Heinz catsup. It's a big upgrade in taste, but not really the real McCoy. (were there fake McCoys at some point in history?)
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #9  
Started IP 3/26/12

Just thought to check with my sister (one of the organizer's of tomorrow's birthday lunch get-together), and found out that we're having lunch at The Keg. I've just googled their menu, and there look to be some great options.. I'll certainly be able to enjoy lots of protein, salad & veggies there. Just thought I'd post in case anyone here has eaten there recently and has any particular suggestions or tips?

Last edited by evepet; 11-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Have been really busy the last couple of days and just haven't been able to get my head back in the game. I have another busy day tomorrow, so I have committed myself to boot camp starting on Sunday, and I'm not stopping till I either get back down to my lowest or Thanksgiving; which ever comes first. I have to get back down before the holidays really start up. Also we are going home to CA in one month for a short visit to celebrate Hanukkah with the whole family, and there is no way I'm showing up there having gained weight.

So BACK on the wagon starting Sunday and hitting the gym on a regular basis again. So I have to ask...Boot camp anyone???
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Have been really busy the last couple of days and just haven't been able to get my head back in the game. I have another busy day tomorrow, so I have committed myself to boot camp starting on Sunday, and I'm not stopping till I either get back down to my lowest or Thanksgiving; which ever comes first. I have to get back down before the holidays really start up. Also we are going home to CA in one month for a short visit to celebrate Hanukkah with the whole family, and there is no way I'm showing up there having gained weight.

So BACK on the wagon starting Sunday and hitting the gym on a regular basis again. So I have to ask...Boot camp anyone???

OK Dana, I'm in starting Sunday. Let me know exactly what you eat for boot camp. I know you have done it sucessfully before. I am in maintenance but up 6 pounds above my goal which I want to get off before holiday time.

Pat
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #12  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
OK Dana, I'm in starting Sunday. Let me know exactly what you eat for boot camp. I know you have done it sucessfully before. I am in maintenance but up 6 pounds above my goal which I want to get off before holiday time.

Pat
I'll join you & Dana in a boot camp. And starting Sunday's ok with me too. I'm away tomorrow to Toronto, leaving fairly early and probably won't check in here until tomorrow evening. I'll check back then for sure to see if we're *on* for boot camp. My goal is to get to 160 lbs by mid December. I've got a pair of jeans and a pair of dress slacks that I want to fit into by Christmas time! And while I'm not straying too far from 100%, I'm just not accomplishing what I need to do these days on my own.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I'll join you & Dana in a boot camp. And starting Sunday's ok with me too. I'm away tomorrow to Toronto, leaving fairly early and probably won't check in here until tomorrow evening. I'll check back then for sure to see if we're *on* for boot camp. My goal is to get to 160 lbs by mid December. I've got a pair of jeans and a pair of dress slacks that I want to fit into by Christmas time! And while I'm not straying too far from 100%, I'm just not accomplishing what I need to do these days on my own.
That's great, I am more accountable when in a "challange"type thing that others are in.
I noticed your question about The Keg. I found that an excellent place to eat while on IP. I took their smaller steak, can't remember the name. Then instead of the one or two sides overed with it I asked for double of the roasted veggie. I foind I lost weight whenever I ate at The Keg in a week.

Pat
Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning lovely 50+ers.

Up and off for my "fix." Having been a antiques and junque seller for over 21 years, I'm addicted to the "thrill of the hunt." I love searching for unique things at yard and estate sales. I've pretty much stopped this year to get ready for retirement, but over where I've had the best luck in my searching where my bff lives, there are 16 sales this morning. I'm pumped ready to go. Especially looking for some "new" smaller clothes.

Have a great OP day
Molly
Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #15  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That's great, I am more accountable when in a "challange"type thing that others are in.
I noticed your question about The Keg. I found that an excellent place to eat while on IP. I took their smaller steak, can't remember the name. Then instead of the one or two sides overed with it I asked for double of the roasted veggie. I foind I lost weight whenever I ate at The Keg in a week.

Pat
Ok - we're on for tomorrow. Boot Camp it is. Thanks for the tip about The Keg. I also saw a Cobb Salad, and a Hot Steak Salad in the menu (isn't it great how so many restaurants have their menus online) and both look quite IP-plan suitable. So I'm not worried at all at this point - just looking forward to the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning lovely 50+ers.

Up and off for my "fix." Having been a antiques and junque seller for over 21 years, I'm addicted to the "thrill of the hunt." I love searching for unique things at yard and estate sales. I've pretty much stopped this year to get ready for retirement, but over where I've had the best luck in my searching where my bff lives, there are 16 sales this morning. I'm pumped ready to go. Especially looking for some "new" smaller clothes.

Have a great OP day
Molly
Good luck today Molly! With 16 sales you're sure to stumble onto some great finds.

_______

I'm just checking in quickly before leaving for Toronto for the day. And it looks like it's Boot Camp again starting tomorrow with Dana, Patns and GreenIris.

Everyone have a great day!

Last edited by evepet; 11-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Closed Thread