View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

The sun for my village came yesterday afternoon and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is glass and has a double row of rays and is 3 inches from point to point and the center portion of the sun is 1 inch. I am so jazzed! We hung it with mono filament over the village from a hook in the ceiling and you can only see the sun and not what it is hung up there with. No wonder the lady on the phone asked me “how many” when I made my order. She said folks were buying several to hang along in a window as sun catchers. I explained about my village and why I only needed the one. But it is called “Sunburst Sun Catcher. And the bottom of the box reads “made in China.” Now all I am waiting for is that hand carved Santa set and I will have received all that I have ordered this year for my village enhancement this season. I have a building cut out that I need to get finished soon then I am going to build a friend one as a gift. I haven’t decided on which one to make for her yet but I will do that when I finish up the building I already have cut out. Makes sense to me. Life is good.

We have been out and about this morning and stopped by Mickey D’s and I ate ¾ ths of a breakfast burrito and half of a hash-brown and drank half a container of milk and feel quite full yet. I figure I had a 9 point meal that way. We picked up Will’s re-enactment gun and it is a beauty. They did a great job on it for the grips look like rosewood. He is off now to go to his volunteer job at the Museum. Before heading home we went by our coffee place and so I am now sipping on a sf ff vanilla latte thinking I just may have good sense.

I have been listening to some John Denver’s Rocky Mountain Collection music. He was so talented and died young flying a plane. Anyway it is fun to revisit his music. ♫♪ “Some days are diamonds and some days are stone.”♫♪

The mail just arrived and brought me my Santa set. It is so very cute. It came in a wooden box tied shut with a red cloth ribbon. Even though it is wood it will look lovely with my village. The set includes two deer ~ one with his head up and the other grazing; two trees, and Santa pulling a toy laden sled with a gold cord. Santa who stands 2” tall is carrying a little lantern in his other hand. Can you tell I am jazzed? The presentation boxes that have been coming with the things I have ordered for my village are really nice. The packing in this little box that came today is very thin shaved wood. The next thing I will be ordering is that Pasta Machine and attachments Will is getting me for a Christmas present. No surprise there. Will's vest he had ordered for the re-enactment arrived to day also so that will make him a happy camper.

DONNA FAYE You are putting up with your condition longer than I would for sure. When something starts to change an attitude one must do something to get their good humer back. Why not get back to the doctor and get all fixed up before Christmas.

JEAN Some states don't even require proof of who you are to vote. Any can vote ~ you know the old addage "Vote early & vote often."

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y’all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote