Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #1  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default Mini Goal 150lbs lost coming up... Reward Ideas!!

Hey everyone I am going to be hitting one of my mini goals very soon of losing 150lbs I'm 233.5 right now and when I hit 230 I will have reached this goal just wondering what are some really great non food related reward ideas I could do for this goal. I have never really rewarded myself for any of the past ones so far so I want this one to be something really great.

I may buy a few new clothes other than that I'm not really sure what to do. I'm trying to think of some fun active things I could do but with the weather so cold I can't really think of anything and I am also nursing a leg injury right now so it can't be anything too strenuous. Maybe I could buy some good mac makeup I've been wanting for a while as well.

What do you guys think?

I am joined to a gym and I'd love to go to the gym for that day and go swimming in the pool and in the sauna but I am still too scared to wear a bathing suit for that so I don't think that will be happening lol. Too bad cuz I love to swim. I could probably have all this weight off already if I wasn't so self concious about that because I could swim all day I love it so much.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Maybe a nice piece of jewelry, something like a pendant or bracelet that wouldn't need to be resized as you lose more weight. It would be a fun reminder to wear as you continue your journey. It wouldn't even have to be expensive of course.

Maybe you could get a new hairstyle, cut, color? Get your nails done? Buy a new book? Maybe a cute little MP3 player if you don't already have one? I've got a ways to go yet, but I totally relate as I want to find a way to really celebrate whenever I get down to 200 pounds.

P.S. I hope you'll soon find the courage to be less self-conscious so you can go swimming. It's something I need to get back to myself!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #3  
Putting my health first

S/C/G: 325/316.2/175

Height: 5' 6"

Maybe you should give yourself a spa day!! It is so relaxing and will help you relax any sore muscles you may have.
beautifulinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

My gifts were things like a special clothing piece, purse or wallet, makeup, etc. I really enjoy that, but I'm a girly girl
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to get a nice haircut when I finally reach my pre-baby weight. Mini goal rewards include makeup and workout DVDs I've been wanting. I'd just make a list of stuff you want and go from there...
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

First - WOW! So impressive.

I have no good ideas for rewards, but wanted to add my voice to those encouraging you to swim. Make that STRONGLY encouraging you. I spent the summer at the pool. All 270 (then progressively less) pounds of me. But I found a flattering swimsuit online, and that helped. I still weighed 270 pounds. I wasn't fooling anyone. But I love swimming, and I decided I would do it regardless. Ah! Maybe that could be your reward. A swimsuit that will help you tackle your pool insecurities. Cuz I bet you look AWESOME.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #7  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I treated myself to shoes along the way because I didn't worry to much about them not fitting when I lost more weight.... but also maybe a "spa" day.... getting a facial, or mani/pedi, or massage... or whatever you might enjoy...

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #8  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

I think I'll be going to the mall of America doing some shopping not too sure what for right now though and I've been dieing to get my eyebrows professionally shaped I also need some new makeup ill probably do those things since its all to improve my appearance further and make me feel better about myself oh also I want to get some good fake tanner I want to change my appearance dramatically lol

Thanks you all for the great ideas I'd love to go swimming but with the way my skin looks on my upper arms and thighs I know that wont be happening I did it one time in a tshirt and shorts already and it was so embarresing I can't bring myself to do it again

231 today so so close

Last edited by going2bskinny; 11-07-2012 at 10:08 PM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #9  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

clothes clothes clothes!

thats all i ever want when im losing.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow, congratulations! Makeup is a good plan.

As for the swimming... hey, if I can do it you can do it! BUT... suggestion. I wear black biker type shorts and a silky type tank top (the kind you wear under sheer blouses) and make my own swimsuit. It covers a lot more than the skimpy swimsuits.

I just wait as long as I can to take off my big towel and jump into the pool. It is super exercise and when I feel self-conscious I remind myself, "Hey, at least I am trying to do something about it."
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #11  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
Ah! Maybe that could be your reward. A swimsuit that will help you tackle your pool insecurities. Cuz I bet you look AWESOME.
Yes! This!!

I'm sure the first few times you go will be horribly daunting, but once you have jumped that hurdle I bet you will be SO pleased you did!
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #12  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I just wanted to pop in and say losing 150 is not a 'mini goal' but instead a massive milestone. So proud of you! You are going to get to goal and be happy and healthy. As for a reward, I would think of something that you will be able to keep for a long time - even a lifetime - since you have made this life long change.

oh, and get that swimsuit too. You are doing this for you, not anyone else. As you go to the pool, you will feel more and more comfortable with your body. Don't hide it away until you are at goal, cause then you may still feel self conscious at goal and nobody wants that. You are beautiful. Fake it until you believe it - but you are beautiful.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #13  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Seriously...I'm in awe! We started about around the same weight and you've just blew past this. You're amazing. And you should feel that way. And don't let anyone including yourself stop you from doing something you want to do. I know that we as people think that people are paying more attention to us than they probably are. I think you should go swimming, too! There are flattering bathing suits for all body types. Find yours!

Also, just wondering if you don't mind sharing seeing as we're the same starting point and height...what sizes are you in at the moment?

I just want to congratulate you again on what you consider a small goal...but is really a massive accomplishment.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on the weight loss. I am inspired by you.

I second or is it third the spa day. I don't know what your leg injury is but I love a full body massage then going for a pedicure and or facial afterwards.

I am sorry though that you will not swim. I used to feel that way. I go to the pool 3 or 4 times a week and it feels so good to be in the water. Swimming and water aerobics can be great exercise and easy on the joints. The women in my class are of all types of bodies. I am the biggest and so who cares? I am there to swim or workout and enjoy myself. Now I shower nude with everyone else. I am there to get healthy and have nothing to be ashamed about.

Anyway just sad to miss out on such a joy and really when is a body acceptable enough?

Congrats again and way to go.

Last edited by pluckypear; 11-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on your maxi-goal! I'm all for shop-'til-you-drop at this juncture.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote