UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/189/112

Height: 5ft 1ins

Default new and in need of support, encouragement and advice.

Hi, im Claire.

I am currently 189lbs and 5ft1ins, i should be around 112.

I dont want to change my eating habits so much so that i struggle to maintain them.
I dont want to crash diet, lose weight quickly and out it on twice as quick.
I want to change my lofestyle long term.
I dont eat particularly badly anyhow, i need to cut a few things out, cut sown my prtions, just a few small changes at a time to increase my chances of sticking to it, plus the dreaded exercise, which i do zero of at the moment.

My main struggle will be tea and coffee and alchahol. None of which i wish to reduce, but i know i have to.

I have a mini goal of loosing 14lb for christmas.

I would like to keep a blog, but have no idea how.

Anyone with any advice please feel free, i would appreciate it.

Thank you
flame 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #2  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi Claire Welcome my lovely.
I will give you a bit of advice that was given to me when I started.......don't expect too much of yourself!
I can't drink alcohol but if I had to give up coffee I would collapse in a snotty heap!! So I understand what you are saying!
Giving up everything you enjoy would be bonkers. Tea and coffee are fine as long as you don't have 6 sugars in eight cups a day. As for alchohol.... work it into your weekly calorie allowance and you will be fine.
I went on a good website to find my recommended daily allowance ( it's much more than you think!) I think it was a diabetic website even though I am not diabetic. Then if you work it out over a week you can give yourself a mixture of lower and higher calorie days. Some of the girls on 3fc are doing an alternate day diet but I personally cook for my family and eat much smaller portions than I used to! I eat loads of fruit and veg and prefer fish to meat anyway so that's easy. Quorn mince is brilliant as it works out cheaper than mince and is loads lower in fat. I have about a zillion recipes in my head if you need any advice I am happy to help! I had so much help when I first started on here.
Oh nearly forgot...plan your meals and shop in advance!!!
As for exercise...well any counts! And that means 10 mins of walking a couple of times a day...or doing housework....or dancing like a loon in your kitchen. As long as you are moving your butt you will be burning cals!
Good luck...feel free to PM me of you want.
Donna
As for the blog bit......I haven't a scooby doo but one of the youngsters on here will be able to help I am sure.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/189/112

Height: 5ft 1ins

Hi, i know this might sound silly but how do i pm you? i can find a link here or anything?
flame 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #4  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

I have a feeling you may have to have written a certain number of emails....but I may be wrong! There should be a box on the top right of your screen that says Private Messages but I am afraid I am not at all technically minded so that's about as much as I can offer!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi claire im a newbie too, but struggle with the portion sizes, tea and coffee too.

As far as portions go, I found a smaller size plate (not a tea plate but about 1/3 smaller than your standard dinner plate) and thats really helping because i cant fit as much on. I make myself busy during the day so im not in and unable to snack, have an aversion to eating out....

Im a complete coffee addict, so instead of having 3 spoons of sugar and full fat milk, i invested in calorie free sweetener then swapped to 2% and now 1% milk.

As for the alcohol, im not a big drinker, but gone from 3 glasses of wine 3 times a week to 3 glasses a week. I find if i give up everything i enjoy im really setting myself up for a fall, and end binging on it all after a month or so.

The weights coming off really slowly but nearly a stone since the end of august is better than nothing.

Also with the blog you have to set it up seperately, havent gotten as far as using it yet but theres a tab for it at the top.

Good luck

Dani
dani88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #6  

Hi All,

I'm new and just working my way down the forums. I have used myfitnesspal.com (free) as a way of recording the cals etc., and must start that again now.

I'm also planning a blog myself. I've used wordpress.com before and it's easy enough to use (and free).

I'm re-starting the Beck plan again, so if anyone else on here is doing that I may see you when I work my way down to the specific forum...

Cheers,
Debbie
debsweb is offline   Reply With Quote