View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Chilly Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

And the beat goes on. Our weather is staying the same once again and that isn’t a total surprise for we are at a current 50ş. Don’t you find it rather amusing that when folks are prevented from talking about politics they talk about the weather. We are hoping for more moisture this winter for the crops surely need it. The winter wheat is up in the hills & dales around here but will not survive unless it gets some rain. This winter we are going to start gathering up the materials to build us a green house so we can have more climate control of our crop of veggies. Having our garden fried this past season gave us a wakeup call that can’t be ignored if we want fruits of our labor, so to speak, we must protect them.

OH I am so happy. It doesn’t take much to make me happy for I am always verging on a smile and one might break out on any occasion. I like living on the sunny side of life. I received the little glass tree and ornaments I had ordered for my village and it is absolutely darling. The round glass balls are decorated with gold and really pretty. I still have the little glass toy ornaments I had saved from the tree that got broken so I can use them or add some with the balls. I am also pleased that this little tree is a bit smaller than the other one I used to have for it will be perfect for the yard in my glass village. I now have it packed back in its container and put away with my Christmas “stuff.” I should be getting the other items delivered soon. If the hand carved little Santa set is coming from Germany it may take awhile. I never know now if what I order will be sent to me from this country. When I ordered that dresser scarf from a US of A company it came from China.

We didn’t watch any TV again and have decided to sell it and if we want to see a movie we have computers that we can watch them on. We will probably watch them on mine since it is what is called a “HP Pavilion Entertainment PC” and has a good sound system in it, so I don’t have to use external speakers. I have had the FOX news & the Drudge report coming to my computer for years now and I can read what I want from them to keep me informed and “in the know.” Plus by dumping cable it will give us money to save toward buying a motor home. We just don’t get as much enjoyment out of watching TV as it cost us in do re me to have it.

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y’all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote