View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD LATE MORNING

I showed a “maintain” at weigh in last evening and am fine with it. I bought some goodies there and they are really very good “Aloha! Almond Bar” - 3P+ and “Toffee Peanut Perfection” mini bars – 2P+. I already have a box of the “Chocolate Caramel” mini bars which are excellent - 2P+. I’ll have to pick up another box or two of the “Aloha! Almond Bars” because Will has discovered how yummy they are. These are good to have on hand when that afternoon “slump” comes around. I don’t eat one every day but I do like one on occasion and they are “program friendly.”

I just received a good sounding recipe from the Pillsbury® folks. You may also get recipes in your e-mail from them and this one is called Bacon Breadstick Focaccia and it serves 6. I figured the points plus out to be 5 a serving. It will be fun to serve during the holidays for a brunch type thing with a boiled egg and some fruit. I’ll give it a try before I serve it to guests and see how well it freezes.

We haven’t had our TV on for 3 days now and this will probably be the 4th day. We may just get to the point when we fire cable. The longest we have ever been without TV was 5 years and we sure felt better for not having it. I can read enough to know what is going on and not have my head in the sand. I sure got some things done that I had been putting off these last few days. I totally got my office cleaned and some things re-arranged to be more “user friendly.” I like having a place for everything and everything in its place. I do have several books that I want to read and don’t like to start one until I have a block of time to marathon it. I have 4 of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee child on my bookshelf to read. Life is good.

JEAN Happy to see the sun are you. Yep, nice to see blue skies and the sun even in cold weather. Wonderful! I have a ton of atalogs to toss ~ lots of paper there. I am only keeping the few I plan to order something from this year and the rest go to the dump.

DONNA FAYE Lots of folks want to vote this go-round more than usual. We know of a couple more of Republicans living in Memphis besides of you and Jack. Pretsel bread wraps? I have never had any and it sure sounds interesting. Can you get the wraps or do they just come on the Lean Pockets I wonder. I once had a friend that had the job of chemically testing Lean Pockets and they gave her several of each kind to run tests on leaving her others [left overs] to try after the tests were accomplished. She used to give us some and they were always yummy. Interesting job she had.

Have a wonderful afternoon Magnolias I am off to scare up some lunch.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 11-06-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote