Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default down 35.2 pounds so far...... but.......

Hi. This is my first thread so be gentle. But i started out at 229, now i am currently at 193.6. So i have done very well......but i still have many pounds to.go. My final goal is 140-150. My question for yall is: do you ever get discouraged at this point? I have been stuck in the 190's for 3 weeks now. And yesterday i broke down and ate ice cream!!!! so i went way over my allotted points!!! But i have decided today is a new day and im back on track.

What do you do to get off of the wrong track and not get discouraged along the way??
Thanks in advance
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You have done amazing! Don't forget that!!!!

There's a saying I like "throwing away a whole day/week/month of dieting because you screwed up once is like stomping on your cell phone because you dropped it on the ground." Get back on the horse! So you had ice cream. Make sure your next meal is on plan. You got this. A little ice cream won't stop you.

It is SOOOOOO discouraging when you hit a stall. But slow and steady is the (extremely frustrating) name of the game. Keep working!!!! We all get discouraged, but we come here and we get back at it.

You're doing really well!!!!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Yes I get discouraged a lot! But I push myself all the time. I have came so far from 278 and I can't go back! I like the new Curvier me. Going for that coke bottle figure.. lol
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #4  

Shake it up a little bit. Change things around, including your exercise, and you will have a different perspective. I feel this way, too. It takes a lot of time to lose weight and we all get bored and discouraged. Don't beat yourself up for one slip of ice cream.

Keep up the great work!!!
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #5  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

After that 3 week stagnate period, you will probably drop a nice number, so don't give up! Remember where you came from, remind yourself of where you want to be. You got your treat out of the way and just be encouraged to keep moving forward, all those sweet treats will be there after you reach your goal and by then you want even want them lol.
SpittenImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #6  

Wow. You guys are so great! I have been on some weight loss forums and they can be really mean!! But i dont feel quite so bad about my.little mishap!! But i have found.....i can curb my sweet cravings with sugar free snack packs. So instead of eating a whole pint of 18 point ice cream.... I can have a 2.2 point container of jello pudding. I can do this! And with the great people of this forum i cant fail!! I have been reading the different threads through my lunch hour and it is great!!! Now to get the rest if this weight off! Thanks!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I really love how positive the people on this forum are! I know what you mean about other weight loss forums.. some people there are just plain rude!

You are doing AMAZING! Just because you slipped once does not mean it is the end of the world! Great idea to eat the pudding/jello instead of ice cream. When I am craving something sweet I usually chew gum or eat a sugar free hard mint. Helps me... I am not a big sugar person.
When I started I needed to lose 100+... now I only need to lose about 30 pounds or so but it still seems so far away.. It is totally all in your head. Make mini goals for yourself. If you are working out hard I bet you will see a big weight loss drop soon! It may also be muscle? You may also benefit by using a tape measure to measure yourself instead of the scale... Keep up the good work!!!
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #8  

Wow you have came so far!!!!! I can wait to get out of the 190's that is my mini goal for right now but with it being my TOM i have went from 192.2 to 194.0 and i have been strict....other than the ice cream slip up. So its really discouraging right now....i just have to keep my head up and keep working. But these forums are great!!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Fatness- I saw your mention of special K cracker chips. I LOVE those so much!! Problem is that I can EASILY eat an entire box, which is fortunately only like 400 calories or something like that. But I am trying to minimise the amount of boxed (eaven healthier) boxed food I eat these days. When I am having anything like chips though, those are such a yummy and brilliant substitute.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #10  

Nessa- So great on the weight loss! Seriously you must be doing something right to have lost 30 + pounds. This plateu will pass. And in the meantime maybe try to consider this practicing maintenece? Your still so much further than where you came from.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #11  

Thanks so much!! And i know what you mean about the box. I actually have to count out 1/2-1 full serving and put the box away. Those things are so good! And i have found arctic zero for ice cream cravings it isnt exactly like ice cream but will suffice. It is only 30 calories i believe per serving or the whole pint for 150. But man it can be hard some days not to eat the bad stuff! My.main thing is....... Control cravings and hunger. And get active!!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #12  

I swear.if it wasnt for this forum.... I would have given up monday. but i didnt and have had.2 good in point range days. But its an everyday battle and i still have bear minium 44 pds left!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the weight loss! I am just starting my journey and have only dropped a couple pounds, one thing that has helped me NOT binge is when I do break my calories 'in' for the day I think about how I broke down, was the food THAT good and how can I prevent this in the future. Usually the dessert that I most likely binged on was hardly memorable and the pleasure is short- so then i think about the pleasure ill get everyday after I lose the weight. Clothes will fit, I wont have a double chin and my neck will be slender, my butt will be less dimpled and my stomach wont pooch as much.

I don't know if this will help you, but keep at it! We all want to see you achieve your goal!
Annafterolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #14  

Nessa- Yay on 2 more on point days!!! How are you doing today? Can you believe we are in the 13th day of themonth?

For me I can scarcley believe that I have been following a program for 13 whole days! Most of my attempts drop off between day 2 and day 6. Making almost 2 weeks is paramount.

This place is so great. So inspiring to see people further along this journey, people who come here and have the same struggles and setbacks that I have had many times, and people who have made it on and on inspite of the challenges.