Old 11-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Christian Encouragers ~ NOVEMBER

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ welcome to the new NOVEMBER thread. I've been so busy lately and with so much on my mind that I forgot to start the new thread. I had thought of it earlier today, and got distracted. That's so easy to do these days.

As you know we went out of town both Thursday (for new glasses) and Friday (for my CT Scan). Today, we were home and I just did stuff around here: light housechores, laundry, plus sorting and tossing clothes as I went through our winter stuff, etc.

We had a nice hearty lunch out yesterday, so I ate a really light dinner last night to make up for that. Tonight, we had fish and I had a mixed coleslaw salad with mine too. I made some HM hot chicken noodle soup for lunch as well; that's always nice on a cold day like today.

Our dear Fido wants to go outside now. Hope you all have a lovely, restful Sunday tomorrow ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-03-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi

Just checking in and saying a prayer for everyone to have a restful night and good day tomorrow.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #4  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

hi guys, I have been soooo lazy the last couple days. I mean, LAAAAY-ZEEE. I didn't do anything except babysit a few hours on Friday and eat just about everything in sight. (pms. ughh) Sat was marginally better. I didn't eat as much but still raided my nephew's trick or treat bag and I went shopping which meant a couple hours of walking around. Went to TJ Max and got a new yoga mat, new running shoes, and a 5 lb kettle bell. fun! Today I got back to the Y and worked my tail off. H.E.A.T. class was hard as heck. I did everything except I wouldn't ever wanna see video of what my attempt at the pullup bar looked like. We were supposed to do either 30 opposite knees-to-opposite wrists while hanging from a bar. My entire 285 lb body hanging from a bar. umm sure. Or the other option was to hang from the bar and fold my whole body up at the waist like a giant taco and do 10 toe-touches to the bar. ya, right. So my version was to hang from the bar as much as I could with sweaty palms which wasn't much at all. I also did yoga, an hr on the machines, and 45 mins strength training. (3hrs 45 mins)

Decorlover- when I first started working out after 4th of July weekend I couldn't even exercise for a full hour. I just built up my endurance very slowly. I think my only secret is to vary the workouts and do lotsa different things. I workout usually 4 hrs a day, sometimes 5. But I can't do any one exercise for that amount of time. I rarely do anything longer than an hour at a time. I do strength training, yoga, Ripped class, jogging, water aerobics, HEAT class, machines like elliptical and cross trainer and recumbent bike, etc.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #5  
Laura

Ronnie- I saw them in concert last year, it was great! Right now my newest fave song is Hold Onto Me (busted heart) by the band For King and Country.

hope everyone had a good weekend, goodnight!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/250/190

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone. I have had trouble getting into WW. It is a difficult switch from Atkins since I wasn't allowed any breads on Atkins. It is taking some adjusting to my will power not to gorge myself on carbs. Because of this I am up 4lbs since a week and a half ago. I figure some of it is water weight because my body needs it to digest all of the crap I am eating. So today I am starting a workout program and the diet. I need prayers to stay motivated. I hope all of you are doing well. Happy pre-election day! I can't wait for it to be over!!
psychnurse05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI BACK, EVERYONE ~ we actually had some show up for a short while today; wished it had stayed longer though. I spent the day doing more cleaning in prep for Christmas and winter. November is a great month for doing this as the cold weather and snow comes.

Today, DH & I scrubbed the entire stove and oven (and I polished my kettle too). Plus, I did laundry and some other light chores. I think I was on my feet for a good part of the day; and all movement counts in my books.

Eating has been good over the weekend and today. I made homemade turkey vegetable soup and biscuits for dinner tonight. Now that the colder weather is here, I like to make more soups, stews, and baked oven dinners.

Hope you all get out to vote tomorrow ...
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #8  
Laura

oh psychnurse, I second that! I can't wait for it to be over too! I do think voting is our responsibility but I've had it with all the election stuff and political ads. My mail-in ballot has been sent in already so I am over it.

rosebud- I like heartier meals this time of year too. I love doing crockpot meals. It's getting cold and blustery out, I had to turn the heat on for the first time tonight. At least for a little while.

today I ate more but its ok cuz I burned over 4000 calories in my workout today. I think I just needed a bit more fuel. Took HEAT class again. Boy, is that tough. Tomorrow is Ripped class, it's hard but my favorite. Well, that and yoga. I guess I luv them both equally, they just couldn't be more different. I like varying my workouts so I don't get bored.

Question to all of you: I notice since I've started working out a lot (3 hours or more) that on those days I need more sleep. I think it's a no-brainer that when I exercise that much that I require more food to fuel my body. And I don't feel guilty about that. But I kinda feel guilty (lazy even?) to admit I sleep about 10 hours on days I work out really hard. Is it normal to need more sleep? I have always liked to sleep so I honestly don't know if my body needs more sleep after a hard workout or if I have fooled myself into thinking its ok to stay in bed till 10am.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #9  

Chubbygirl- I know that your body uses sleep to break down fats for energy. So it is a good thing that you get extra sleep after working out so long. Your body has to collect its energy source since you are expending more than your intake. 10 hours sounds wonderful. Since working nights I don't sleep much. This is hard on weight loss. If I have a week off I lose more since I am sleeping regularly. If only we were as rich as politicians
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am another who doesn't get much sleep,about 5 hours is average....not by choice I would be glad to sleep 8 hours.
I am going to go vote in a little while, I still like to go to the polls to cast my vote, I hope you are voting, however you choose to do it if you are an eligible voter.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I've heard that we need a minimum of 7 hours of sleep for weight loss. I try to get that but not sure if I always get at leat that because I wake up a lot during the night and have nights of insomnia.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #12  
Rosebud

I have always tried to get 7-8 hours sleep, but lately I have had fitful sleep so not getting as much as I used to. I also have to get up at least once to go to the washroom as I hold a lot of water in my legs, then I have a hard time getting back to sleep sometimes. At one time, I could fall asleep on a dime, but not anymore. DH getting up and messing about has caused this, so I asked him to try and curb that.

Speaking of DH -- he claimed tonight that some of the stuff he was doing was just teasing me. I suspected it -- and was quite perplexed, saddened, and disappointed by this behavior. I told him that I didn't think that was very funny, or considerate. I just cannot fathom doing that to anyone. My, what a strange sense of humor. He claims that he is gonna stop, so we'll see if there is any difference. Thanks for your prayers for him/us.

LAURA ~ there is no doubt in my mind that all that exercise would make you more tired. Remember when we were kids and were outdoors running around & playing -- that always tired us out, esp in the summer months. Enjoy your sleep!

We had a really busy day running errands and shopping -- picking up stuff we needed for DH and the house. DH needed some winter coats. We picked up a roll of runner for our porch/ramp to keep us from slipping in the winter. DH kept sliding down the back ramp every time he went out, esp since it first snowed on November 1st. I got lots of walking in today, so will be turning in earlier tonight I'm sure.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-06-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #13  
Laura

I chuckled a little when I read some of you only sleep about 5 hours. I don't think (after working out for 4 hours) that I could get up after only sleeping 5 hrs unless my house was on fire. Our bodies are all different. That's ok. I'm not going to worry about it.

had a good workout today. Luv my Ripped class. It's so hard but it's great.
And yoga after was such a special treat tonight! At first I was disappointed to hear my favorite teacher wasn't leading the class tonight. But the sub, who we've had once before, is also wonderful. Different but so good. She is a Christian woman and really projects that. And she is so kind and encouraging and has such a gentleness about her. During the cooldown when our eyes are closed she goes around the room covering us in blankets and rubbing our feet. It's so nice to feel pampered for a few minutes. I told my friend Heather she mustn't miss next week because this teacher is subbing the next two Tuesdays.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

rosebud, I am not an expert in your husband's illness but I suspect that he has enough awareness that he knows his actions are not quite his normal self. I bet he wonders at times why he does the things he does. What I am getting at is the statement that he is teasing you might just be a coverup or excuse for behaviour that he doesn't understand. rosebud, you must need the patience of a saint and I am praying that you can cope with this, it must be a strain on you.

Last edited by bargoo; 11-07-2012 at 11:51 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #15  

Hello everyone! Today has been a good day since I set my mind to making it that way. It is rather cloudy but that is wonderful for this nocturnal creature! Although I am not completely photophobic, I do enjoy a nice sunshinny fall day as well. I have been doing some low impact exercises. Most stretches and isotonics. I feel uncomfortable going to our rec center. There are super skinny women on the elipticals all the time. I don't want to gross them out.
I am trying to decide what to set my goals at for the month for exercise amounts. What do you think are good starter goals??