Old 11-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #1  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Default ReGainers ReLosing ~ Get it off again!

This is a board for those who need the support to relose that which we have regained. Anyone is welcome!
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #2  
Funky

Got past the Halloween candy with only small failure. Holidays are here. Got the music out to look at it yesterday, nice thoughts right now. I am in a good space for a little bit. Who knows how long it will last. My life is a cycle of: on plan, gungho on plan, trying to stay on plan, and lost it. The lost it is where I seem to be spending most of my time lately. The willpower is not even near my plan goals. Well today is a new day and that makes it brighter. Have a great on plan day. Funky
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

FUNKY ~ thanks for starting the new November thread -- and a new month brings with it a fresh new beginning.

We had a good day. Went out of town to get our new glasses. I got some neat-o funky ones too. Will have them in about 2-3 weeks. Food was good as well. Tomorrow will be busy with a test at our nearest city hospital; and maybe we'll get to do a bit of clothes shopping if the weather is good and the roads stay clear for us.

Hope you all have a fabulous OP Friday tomorrow ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #4  
Funky

Nov 2nd already. How did the year go so fast? Had curry chicken yesterday, very good. Had leftovers this morning, curry always tastes good. TOM is here and I weighed myself, big mistake.

I wonder where everyone is? Funky
Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hi Funky and Rosebud. I am still hanging in there. My eating has been good, even though my scale does not reflect it. I need to just put that out of my mind, and keep going or else I know what will happen. I will keep gaining!

I ordered new glasses too! I needed a new prescription anyway, so I figured it was time for a change.

I have a physical coming up on Dec. 6, and man would I like to be down a few pounds by then. My doctor always mentions my weight, well I guess that's her job, but I still hate it.

Well, TGIF! Have a good one!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #6  
Rosebud

HI JUDYLYNN ~ sounds like you are doing well, so just keep going. Sometimes, it takes a little time for the scales to go down, but you are still losing fat and inches, etc.

FUNKY ~ maybe you could pass on your weigh-in on that week; continue on the other weeks instead, so you don't get too discouraged by the water-weight gain during that time.

We had a good day; the weather wasn't so bad after all and the roads stayed clear for us all the way. We didn't have time to shop but wanted to get back home as it started to snow just as we were leaving. We had lunch out and I ate lots, so I had a very, very light dinner and am sure I still stayed under my daily amount but I can also count it as a flex day if I want to as well.

Have a wonderful OP weekend ladies ... just do your very best!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-02-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #7  
Funky

Hello all. I need to go get new glasses, my eyesight has gotten so bad since last year. I am wearing drug store glasses to read but now it am wearing them on the end of my nose and I look so old that I am going to go get bifocals and wear them all the time. My friend says it is hard to do that, is it?
I am weighing but I am just going to let it go and move on. I am in a good place right now I do not know how I got here but I am easy going right now. Maybe this will not turn out well.

Judy Lynn I hate it when the Dr states the obvious about weight. I just hate to go to the doctor. I hope the physical goes well. What is it for?

Justwant2be Snow how fun. We are supposed to be snowy in Utah but we haven't had snow in years. We get it in the mountains that goodness but my kids have not made a snowman in years. I miss it. I hope we have a snowy Christmas. Too bad about the shopping but it sounds like you are doing great on plan. Congrats.

Well love to you all. Funky
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #8  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

Funky, the physical is just a regular check up, the kind we are supposed to have yearly, but it has been about three years. I hate them too. Get to do all the fun tests: Boob squishing, poop test, blood work, and that is before I go to the doctor appointment where I get poked and prodded. Never fun, but worth the peace of mind, I guess.

I was down .6 of a pound this morning at my weigh in. Not great, but at least it is in the right direction.

Well, everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
I wonder where everyone is? Funky
I don't know about everyone else, but I have been so busy with nursing school and my job as a CNA that I barely have time to catch up on everything on here!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have to go to work in a little bit; working 8 pm to 7 am.

Laters!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #10  
Rosebud

FUNKY ~ yes, that is part of the process; you know now what to expect on that week, so you can just ignore it and move on. It helps to be aware. We're pretty high up on the continent so we get snow every year for sure; it is part of life here and brings winter tourists to ski and snowmobile. I like having all four seasons; and find the snow very pretty on the trees and bushes. You just have to know how to dress for warmth here, that's all.

PEGGY ~ yes, you have a busy life both working long shifts and going to school too. I sure don't miss those days ...

JUDY LYNN ~ hope the check-up turns out positive for you in the end; and congrats on that downward movement ...

We had a regular November day here: overcast but nothing much fell today. The roads melted a bit though. We still have some snow elsewhere. We are supposed to get some tomorrow, but we'll see if it shows (it didn't today). Food was good today; we had fish for dinner tonight. I kept busy indoors doing light housechores, sorting more clothes, doing laundry, and such. Some movement is better than none.

I want to try out my ski poles again, but we'll see how that feels before I venture out too far. If I feel OK, I'll walk a bit, but if not -- I'll be switching to indoor stuff this winter like I did last year. I still lost 25 lbs last winter so I would be happy to match that this year too.

Have a wonderful OP weekend everyone ...
Old 11-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

I am in the right frame of mind to lose this weight plus some. I had to stop looking at what i had gained back and just faced the weight on the scales. I am now looking at how much i have lost in all and kept off. I am doing great and pray it continues.
Cooking a pot of pinto beans today and some cabbage. My house will smell awful but both are healthy and I love them. Im trying to eat real food with the exception of an ocassional slimfast.
I wanted a glass of wine last night so bad but didnt give in because i didnt want the calories in it. I know my head is in the right place when i start thinking like that.

As for getting glasses..I went from no glasses to lined bifocals. I thought I would die! It was truly hard. This time I went from lined bifocals to no lines and it hard also. In fact I still have trouble after a couple of weeks reading a book. She said it would take time. I do know I can see so much clearer in general with my new glasses. I had went a bit to long between eye exams(almost 2 yrs).

Guess i will swap out our clothing today and then do a few things outside to get ready for putting up my christmas stuff. Hard to believe its coming so fast!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

I did it!! I stayed on plan all weekend! Thats a huge success for me!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #13  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I did it!! I stayed on plan all weekend! Thats a huge success for me!!
Way to go dgramie! That's great!

I didn't do too bad this weekend. I am aiming for a solid two pound loss this week, so I need to buckle down.

It sure was nice drive to work in the daylight this morning.

Better get some work done. Have an awesome day!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I regained 30+ lbs from my low weight this past spring. I was 164 and now I'm 191 after losing a few lbs from my high weight this summer. Loss of job, inability to find more work, and other stress all played a factor. I've been down and wallowing in self-pity for the past few months and now I'm finally in the state of mind to tackle weight loss again!

My goal is to lose the 30 lbs I've regained by my birthday, May 14. I've cleaned up my diet for the past couple weeks and recently started walking again. I'm excited to lose the weight and wear all my favourite clothes again!

Here's to a fresh start. I know we can do it!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #15  
Rosebud

Welcome RIESZ ~ this happens to a lot of people; major stresses in their lives come and they turn to food. Before they know it, they gain back some or all they have lost. Kudos to you for checking this at just 30 lbs. You can do this; you did it before. We all need to learn new strategies to deal with our stresses in this life. It is so hard, but we can do it.

I was stressed with my DH for a bit today, but I was determined not to let it be a reason to overeat; and I didn't ... yeah! THis Alzheimers is such a battle some days; he'll do well for one or two days, then have a zinger once again. I walked out of the kitchen and found something else to do.

dGramie ~ good for you having an OP weekend! Yeah!!!

Judy Lynn ~ I find the sudden darkness hard to adjust to also. It feels so weird to constantly wake up to darkness or these very grey skies. I love to wake to in the morning. Oh well, Mr. Sunshine will be back in December, I'm sure.

Have a terrifically OP Tuesday, everyone; I'm cheering for you all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.