Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Political Ads

It is my understanding that for the good of all, political discussions are banned from this site. Why then are my pages all full of political ads? I would hope that this would be one place we could escape from all the hoopla we are constantly subjected to as election day grows near.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I haven't seen any political ads. Are they local or national ? I am on 3fc every day and haven't seen any on this site.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I am seeing ads for one of the presidential candidates as well as ads for independent parties supporting a specific presidential candidate.

They started a couple of days ago and now that's pretty much the only type of ad I see on here.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
I am seeing ads for one of the presidential candidates as well as ads for independent parties supporting a specific presidential candidate.

They started a couple of days ago and now that's pretty much the only type of ad I see on here.
Same here!!! They are at the top and the right margin. AND they are super 'sensitive' in that if my mouse indicator just briefly rolls over as I'm navigating, the ad starts to run and they are audible.

I'm also thinking that the pages are not loading as fast as usual, or maybe I'm just imagining that. But it IS super irritating as we are already being bombarded with political ads on TV.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I agree!!!!! No matter what your view..... there are some places that should be "free"...... and this is one place.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #6  
it's always something

I haven't seen any political ads on here at any time. Right now I'm looking at an ad for a webhosting company (via Google ads) and Amazon ads for Canon lenses.

As far as I know, 3FC is only running ads by Google and Amazon. Google displays ads based on your browsing history. If you have visited any political websites recently, that might explain the ads.

I'll pass this on to IB and ask if their advertising department is rotating an other ad types that offer political ads. If so, I'm sure they won't mind filtering them out, especially since we have a strong 'no politics' policy.

Thanks for your information! I'm going to close this thread since it might invite political discussion, and there's really nothing more to add to this since I'm contacting TPTB I'll update you when I learn more.
Closed Thread