Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 10:40 AM   #1  

Angry Tuesday September 16

Am I the first one here?

I will grab a coffee and come back

Elizabeth
Old 09-16-2003, 10:42 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Default Re: Tuesday September 16

Quote:
Originally posted by liz321
Am I the first one here?

I will grab a coffee and come back

Elizabeth
Good Morning Liz and ladies.It seems we both had the same idea at the sametime. But I have somethings to do right now but I will be back soon.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-16-2003, 11:18 AM   #3  

Looks like I am the only one that is able to stay and play. That really isn't good when i look at it. We have been really slow for some reason. You would think now that kids are back in school people wyould start to workout again. That doesn't seem to be the case right now. I am looking for ways right now to get our memebers back in here. When they aren't here they don't spend money.

Not much going on with me. I am already thinking about lunch and it is only 10:30. That is a sure sign that I am bored. I ma hoping that the site will be jumpin' today so I can keep my mind off of food.

Chat with you all later.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #4  

Default I am feeling stressed

I have so much to do and I don't know where to start...this is a problem of mine....I have myself overbooked and don't have to time to do something as simple as get together with a friend....anyhow my priority today is to get ready for my housekeeper to come tomorrow which basically me clean my house....few loads of laundry....tidy my office....and organize a night out with my girlfriend tonight!

I am having about 15 plus people over for supper on Sunday...family gathering, as we haven't had much time to get together since the start of summer...there have been babies born, a wedding, holidays and back to school so we are going to get together and touch base...as well I have to take some pictures and get some feedback regarding the album that I am putting together for my parents...we will give it in Oct either at Thanksgiving or my Dad's birthday.

Anyhow I should get going and get things done...I will touch base later...I am looking into the Dr. Phil thing...my aunt is convinced that he is on the right track with this weight loss thing and so I am watching some of it so that I can make an informed decision on whether or not I think he is off his rocker.....one thing that he says which is true.....diets don't work.

Anyhow talk to you later.

Hi Lynnie

Eliz

Hi Kemp you snuck in on me....don't people pay their club fees whether they work out or not...have a great day!

Last edited by liz321; 09-16-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #5  
CIN

Default Hi Y"all

Hi Ladies,
Where is everyone today? Off drinking coffee?

I am finished with one meeting...had lunch with my best friend and am home for about 1 1/2 hours before I go to my out of town meeting at 4.

It's nice to run home and put on shorts and beat around the house for a while in between!

My best friend is such a trooper...she fits everything in and more while having chemo on Mondays.. Now.is that determination and stamina or what? Anytime she wants to have lunch I go with her.We always have a good time and count our blessings together! I admire her sooooooo very much. She has had ovarian cancer for 2 years and despite the grim statistics.believes she will beat all odds! It is my prayer too! She continues to live her day to day routine just like all of us except with much more thankfulness...just for the day to day things!What a role model she is to me!

The weather here is perfect. Supposed to hit 80.but a nice cool morning and cool evenings! I love it!

Take Care everyone! Enjoy the rest of the day.
Cin
Old 09-16-2003, 02:06 PM   #6  

Question Cin in answer to your question....

I'm right here!

Eliz
Old 09-16-2003, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Chickadees!

It was beautiful here this morning, around 65 I think - soooooo nice for here in Louisiana. now if only a big cold front would blow thru here and get rid of those dang lovebugs - they are driving me batty. Every morning and every evening I run around the house vacuuming up those little stinkers!

Liz, my mom gave me Dr Phil's book yesterday, but hard as I tried last nite nobody would let me read a page, so I will try again tonight! *sigh* I'm anxious to at least read what he has to say. let me know what ya think.

Cin, your friend is a role model for all of us! thanks for sharing!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-16-2003, 02:43 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

I am back

Today I feel kinda tired but have tons of energy at the sametime.Is that weird?I have been making phone calls and preparing menus for what I am going to eat for the rest of the week.Then I exercised some today(only 10 mins because i started slacking again).I have to build it back to 15 mins again.When I went out the other day I had the best Broccoli and cheddar soup.So now I am looking for the recipe that is lower in fat and not so many points for a cup.Believe it or not I found one.I am so tickled pink.Plus with the weather getting cooler; I am starting to want soup.YUMMY!!!

Then in a day or two I am going to mke chili because both men in the house have been wanting it.But I usually make it a day ahead of time so it can sit in the frig and incooperate all the flavors.YUM!!!

Kempy: I am around hun....

Well I hope everyone is having a great day

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #9  
CIN

Default sorry!

Sorry Liz.I didnt mean to NOT acknowledge you....of course you are here! I always love reading your posts.....you sound like you love doing things with your family and friends and around the house. Honestly.I admire YOU TOO cause of working and juggling all you do! I just meant some days..are full of posts.some days not much................hmmmmmmmmmmm

Have a good one!
Cin

P>S> I am thankful I dont have those pesty bugs you all keep talking about..but we do have lots of spiders and webs this year.wonder if that indicates a harsh winter?
Hope not.

Cin
Old 09-16-2003, 03:04 PM   #10  

I know Cin just bugging you! Have a good day....

The soup sounds good lynnie...I love hot soup

Cathy I hope the lovebugs are gone soon...I couldn't stand the thought of my vaccum being full of bugs.....that is why I love my rainbow.

I am watching Dr, Phil right now to see which 12 people he is picking.

Eliz
Old 09-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good afternoon everyone

Sorry I haven't posted earlier. I went to the beauty parlor and got my hair frosted !! I haven't done that in almost 20 years. I wanted a change and boy did I get one LOL.. sorry not frost, its highlighted (is there a difference ??? oh well ) So now instead of having dark dark dark brown hair its lighter a touch w/blond highlights. Can't wait for it to tone down a bit though lol. I like it

Cin how are you doing ??? I was thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling, knowing what you've been going thru lately. Hang in there toots !! Hugs

Lynnie I agree w/you, with the cooler weather coming I can feel the urge for stews and chili's. Also it gets harder to gulp down all this water.

Liz, what time is dinner just yankin yer chain lol

Cathy, the only place I can go for peace & quiet it the bathroom, bring your book in there haaaaaaa!!

Kem I have an idea on how you can get chubbetts into your club. Offer a free buffet (snort lol ~~ )

Where is everyone else ?? huh, come on girls, no slacking off, get your butts in here NOW !!!! we miss you.

Hugs, Leenie
Old 09-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #12  

Hello everyone!!

Guess you all think I forgot you but I didn't. It's been hectic around here for weeks.

We, or rather I, am in the process of moving Dad back to his house. Once he is totally in then I will be moving me in. Chris won't be moving for a couple months, if ever. This has been very very hard, both physically and emotionally.

I am in limbo as usual but now my emotions are torn...Chris or Dad. I should not have to make a choice but it's that or I go to jail if I don't take care of Dad. Such is life.

Glad to see that all of you are doing well. Load up and come help me huh??

I will try to get in on a more regular basis. The weight loss is about the same. 18 down with oodles to go. I am checking on Dr Phil's new book about weight loss and if not too expensive I want to get it. I hear it's not so much reading as it is doing. I guess you have a workbook area and have to come to grips with what's keeping you fat. Hmmmmm

Time to go cook dinner. Having meatballs with mashed potatoes and green beans. This was the choice of the 2 males in my life. I am but a servant at this point. Grrrrrrrr

Toodles
Old 09-16-2003, 04:51 PM   #13  

uhmmmm Lynnie, I love soup!!!! can we have the recipe too?
and I meant to pick on you and ask you how in the world it is that you live with 2 men? lol just wondering? lol

Liz - I'm watching the show right now too - well in between answering the phone and other stuff.

Leenie - I just might lock myself in the bathroom tonite and read that book! ;-)

Cin? want me to box you up some lovebugs and send them to ya? lol lol lol just pickin my dear friend --- I would NEVER do that to you!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-16-2003, 04:53 PM   #14  

Hey Sweetpea! so good to see ya girl! I'm so sorry for the struggles in your life and will keep you in my prayers!
Congrats on the weightloss! Awesome!
please keep in touch!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-16-2003, 04:54 PM   #15  

Well, look who it is! Glad to see you stopped in Sweet. I missed ya.

Liz you have a rainbow? I am envious! My mom has one and I steal it every chance I get. My next vaccum will be a rainbow.

Cathy you are serious when you called them little stinkers. I hate to turn onthe vaccum b/c the house will smell like them. I have been going through so many candles I should be stock in glade. Joe said that they are still bad today even with the cool front. AUGH!! I guess we can just keep on praying for them to die.
Closed Thread