Old 10-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #1  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Default 100 to lose and doing INSANITY!

Just wondering if there is anyone else in this thread doing Insanity...the workout! I finished day 4 today. It is a 9 week program and is pretty intense but I have modified some of the moves to my fitness level until I can get stronger.

Just looking for others who have a significant amount of weight to lose who are also as insane as me and is tackling Insanity. It would be nice to have a buddy or check-in thread!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm not doing Insanity, but I'm going to follow you because I'm insanely curious of the results for us bigger peeps. I've considered doing something like this in the past but when I watch the infomercials on TV I can hear my knees, shoulder and lower back threaten to quit working altogether.

I am doing Phase 1 of the Venus Index workout. I've had to work with my personal trainer to modify a lot of the workout to meet my fitness limitations. But I'm getting results. Didn't really see any evidence of fat-burning, but I just started doing my workouts fasted and am hoping to rev up the fat burning some with that.

I am very curious about what their nutrition program is like. Would you share that?

Best of luck!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I agree, I would LOVE to see what kind of results you see as a larger person doing INSANITY. I'm way too chicken to try it myself. I do Walk Away The Pounds and feel like I'm dying some days...lol (I think I'm only half kidding there).

I would love if you used this thread as like a weekly or even daily check in to tell us about your progress. I would love to know how you are feeling as you move through the program and the changes you see in your body (some pics would be awesome too )

Best wishes on your journey!!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #4  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

I have tried Insanity, the first couple days of it, a few months ago. But it was too intense for me and I was unable to do any of the jumping exercises. It felt demotivating to me to be unable to keep up but it got me Shaun T curious and I have now his Hip Hop Abs program that I am looking forward to try.

I wish you more endurance and success with the program, Cutie. It is a very good idea to modify some of the exercises and listening to your body to tell you what feels good and what does not. Please stay safe and enjoy.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I started my journey right out of the gate, at 252 pounds, doing INSANITY!! And I've recently had a HUGE weight loss (as most of you know). Could I do the jumping in the beginning? Heck no. I modified practically every exercise. I pushed myself...but at MY OWN pace. I got stronger, and stronger, and stronger...and I kept building on that. I completed the 9 weeks back in September, and now I've started another round! Can I do the jumping now? HECK YES!! Can I do push ups now? YOU BET! Go at your own pace...don't compare yourself to anyone else....and I bet your bottom dollar that you will be stronger when it's all said and done!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good for you! I'm pretty intimidated by Insanity. I would love to hear how it goes for you. I think you are going to have a fan club following your progress here.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #7  
Do or Do Not

Thanks Angie. I have been doing things at my own level in hopes of one day to be able to jump higher and do REAL push ups. I modify almost every move too! There are some I can do with no issues, like the mummy kicks and jump squats I started at 266 and so far am down to 262...trying to get the 8 pounds I gained during vacation OFF again. So I am almost at the same weight as you were when you started. YAY! That gives me hope!!

I actually finished Week 1 today and I only dry heaved a few times at the beginning of the week..LOL! I sweat just as much as the super fit chicks in the video!!!! The great thing is, my endurance has already improved since day 1. I was able to do more of certain moves today than I could on Wednesday (it was the same video). So far so good! I will keep checking in with everyone and let you know how it goes.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #8  

Bravo!! See?? You are already seeing improvements and it's just been one week! There were some moves I could do without modification too but mummy kicks and jump squats were NOT the ones LOL...so you're starting off better than me LOL! I couldn't do ANY jumping at first...I just had too much weight on my knees and my "girls" were just too large for any major jumping without hurting my back. And I couldn't do ANY real pushups when I started...I couldn't even hold a plank position for more than a few seconds. I have no doubt you will be able to do real pushups soon! I'm so excited for you!! Keep us updated on your progress!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #9  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

I too have 100 lbs to lose in total, now 50lbs or so haha. But my husband and I just got Insanity and we are about to start. He's in great physical shape, so I am going to be super motivated to keep up with him when we work out together, and I know I will be less apt to give up before the workout is finished! We are looking to start later this week or this weekend.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #10  
Do or Do Not

Awesome Pink! I know you will want to keep up with him but do things at your own pace but push yourself and dig deep! You know your limits.
Stretching is very very important! I start week 2 today and I am just a little bit nervous!!! LOL!!! Shaun T will whip your boottaay into shape. Looking forward to being 50 pounds down like you!!! Come back to this thread and check in!! I'd like to know your thoughts after doing the fit test...lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #11  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Yes ma'am will do!

I am going to do the fit test tomorrow or Friday, so I will let you know how that goes!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #12  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Insanity has been on my Christmas wishlist the past couple of years. If I don't get it this year, I'm going to gift it to myself. I'm in equal parts terrified and excited to try it out. You guys are super-inspiring taking it on. Please keep posting about your progress!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #13  
Do or Do Not

Toasted, it is totally worth it! I was lucky and had a friend pass it to me! I finished week 2 day 2 today! My arms are sore!!! Cardio Blast is killer but I felt great afterwards! I feel my arms getting stronger and can already go further down with my girl pushups! Lol! Insanity is hard and exciting all at the same time!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieCourt View Post
Toasted, it is totally worth it! I was lucky and had a friend pass it to me! I finished week 2 day 2 today! My arms are sore!!! Cardio Blast is killer but I felt great afterwards! I feel my arms getting stronger and can already go further down with my girl pushups! Lol! Insanity is hard and exciting all at the same time!!!!!!
I second that! I finished week 2 day 4 today which was cardio recovery...aaaahhh how I love those days lol. But the way Insanity is designed is just the way I like to workout. I like to get in "grrrrrrr" mode, if you know what I mean LOL! It's tough, but it's great!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #15  
Do or Do Not

I finished W2D3 tonight! I felt lazy today and forced myself to do it at 11pm. I love that insanity is one of those workouts that makes me feel guilty if I decide
to not do it. Lol. My Shaun T conscious was like DO IT! So I did and felt so great afterwards.
Tomorrow is my recovery day! Lol! I am right behind you

Today we had group pictures taken at work and I was horrified.
Thankfully, I took the positive road and told myself it will make a great before picture for when I finish my insanity round 1! Let's do this!!!!!