Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/160/135

Height: 5'5

Default Vitamins/supplements for suppressing appetite

I heard green tea extract and hoodia are good (and you can find one pill with both in it on ebay)

Anyone have other suggestions?
BlackBarbieKiss125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I would recommend against a stimulant, though green tea extract is indeed beneficial and has no negative side effects for most people. Basic supplements to suppress cravings and improve nutrient assimilation/uptake are things like l-carnitine, chromium, l-tyrosine, vanadium, fish oil, and a spectrum of B vitamins like Biotin (notably).

When I'm taking my supplements and free of deficiencies I sleep better, have less cravings, less blood sugar swings, and the like. Many folks notice improved weight loss, because at a cellular level your body is processing food more efficiently with the correct nutrients to break down and aid the processes.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 10-30-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Typo fix
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I find fiber supplements to be helpful for short-term appetite suppression (and other things. =))
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #4  
RawFoodie Maintainer :)

Height: 5'5

What Arctic Mama said!
InspiredBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #5  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I agree with L-carnitine. I think the liquid is better. They recommend it with raspberry ketones. I used to take the green tea tabs and I was usually jittery with those. Lately I have heard positive on green coffee bean extract but you really need to be careful as some aren't as safe or worth the money. Hunger is a difficult issue and for me this time of year emotional hunger is the worst.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote