Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Lab results and chocolate donuts....

I got results from my doctor today. Beginning stages of kidney disease are still there. I was hoping it somehow would fix itself and the results would be normal. I am not sure what I thought was going to fix it suddenly, a genie , magic perhaps or maybe just because I am trying to get healthier it was just going to be gone. It isn't. My mother is on dialysis so I understand what this could lead to. I am worried and scared. I start medication tomorrow to try to protect my kidneys and keep the damage from worsening.
There are 6 chocolate mini donuts waiting right on my desk in front of me right now. They keep saying they will make me feel better if i eat them. I want to believe them, but I know they are lying to me. I am all alone right now with no one to comfort me, so anyone, please, I just need a hug (not a donut).

I posted this earlier but it went in depression issues so i am reposting where I think it belongs more.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Dispose of the donuts! Smush them and toss them out!

I'm very sorry to hear about your medical issue! I imagine that's very tough. But you're right, those donuts will not make you feel better. They will only make you feel worse.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

You can say no! I believe in you! More importantly, I know you can believe in yourself. Pick that box up and throw it out! Right now!

You are stronger than those silly donuts. They're just flour and sugar, weak little empty nothings that give you nothing!

I know the terror you must be feeling right now. I'm waiting on ECG results that are a week late. ARGH. Food is NOT the answer.

Last edited by Skellig19; 10-30-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Dispose of the donuts! Smush them and toss them out!

Yep. I can resist donuts once. I have a much more difficult time doing it the fifteen or twenty times I know they would go through my head in the next hour or two. You will waste them if you eat them -- they won't do you any good and will likely make you feel worse. Might as well deliberately do it and avoid having to think about it again.

And . I feel you on the kidney worries. I hope you adjust quickly to the medication and it protects your kidneys fiercely.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm so glad you're not listening to the donuts!! They are liars! It's true! Squish and trash so you won't be tempted to dumpster dive.

That sucks about your kidneys, but you're doing the right thing to keep them from getting worse, And the reduction of weight, will surely contribute. WTG!!

twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #6  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

I'm so sorry. You DO deserve something comforting. But perhaps you can make it something else?
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hugs to you. And get rid of the donuts in the garbage - after pouring water and soap on them if you have to, They will do you no good if you eat them. Might as well throw them away.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Kill the donuts! Soap, salt, snow, whatever it takes!

I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing issues. Some folks have reported low carb, unprocessed diets as being very healing to the kidneys and there are two studies out there, that I have heard of just recently, pointing to such diets as actually reversing some kidney damage. Let me see if I can find them, they may give you some ideas

ETA:
Here' a possible starting point - he has his own bias, but the research here and elsewhere on the site is quite good: http://douglassreport.com/2011/05/18...ics-cut-carbs/

This is one of the studies I saw referenced, and I bet their site has lots of other tips regarding treatment and prevention: http://cjasn.asnjournals.org/content...41111.abstract

Consider supporting your kidneys with supplements. Omega 3 oils are hugely helpful (fermented cod liver oil, flax, etc) as are some others:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/k...ase-002539.htm

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 10-30-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the sympathy and hugs.
I will have to look at those links after I work out.
I didn't eat them. I let them sit there and stare at me for the rest of the day yesterday, but I didn't open the package. I ate a small supper and took an extra mile walk and didn't let the old me convince the new me to fall back into old patterns. I know it might not always work, that I might slip and comfort eat, but I made it through this time.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
I know it might not always work, that I might slip and comfort eat, but I made it through this time.
WELL DONE!! (:
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

So Sorry about your medical issues! That is hard. Good job on resisting the donuts.

There is a lot of evidence that low carb and reduced blood sugar is helpful to all organs. When there was concern about my kidneys.... The drs were very strict about not getting too much protein. It seems that it is hard on the kidneys also. They recommended a diet heavy in plants, with moderate servings of protein. good luck
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
Thank you guys. I really appreciate the sympathy and hugs.
I will have to look at those links after I work out.
I didn't eat them. I let them sit there and stare at me for the rest of the day yesterday, but I didn't open the package. I ate a small supper and took an extra mile walk and didn't let the old me convince the new me to fall back into old patterns. I know it might not always work, that I might slip and comfort eat, but I made it through this time.
Great job!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

That's really strong! :-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote