South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Spooky Halloween Beach Chat 10/31

Good morning ghosts and goblins. Since I am up and at work I thought I would start us off this morning. Did not sleep before coming in, so I guess I will be a witch today lol.

Quiet day at home cooking for the week. My work partner John stopped over to borrow a gas can. They won't have power until sometime next week. Since I am working I told him to feel free to use the house, heat, laundry, showers whatever they need. With three kids laundry piles up quickly. So instead of trying to nap I decided to clean. Actually glad to be working for John today. He should be home with his family.

I had to stop watching the news. I seem to be getting very anxious (heart palpitations, restlessness). Not sure why, I am fine so are my friends and families. Hopefully it will pass in a few days, but it is unnerving.

So what is on everyone's Halloween agenda??? Oh and where's my coffee???
Old 10-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

My coffee is still brewing, Jennifer, hope you're on at least your second cup by now! That's very sweet of you working for partner - it has to be a very trying time for him. At least they're physically okay, even if they have to wait for the power back. That's great you can share your home as well.

We were lucky here, almost no one lost power and very little damage. Made for something to talk about though! I have a fear they'll delay the election, and I really want it OVER!! I bet you do too, Cyndi!!

I'm trying not to eat myself out of house and home - those test results I was waiting for apparently aren't normal, and I'm trying not to stress. I see the doc on Fri for results. Thank goodness my friend introduced me to the most wonderful boxed wine (read: much less expensive!!) so I can relax and sleep at night!!

Just peeked at the forecast - rain til the weekend. It is so dreary!!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have extra coffee if you need it, Jennifer, and you are an angel to be working for your partner and opening up your home to them. I'm so glad you and yours are OK, especially considering how hard your area was hit.

Tammy, I do hope whatever news you got is at least encouraging. I am in love with a boxed wine, too, and I love how I can have just 1 glass and the rest stays fresh. I'm happy to hear that the storm wasn't too bad in your area, too.

We're back to a regular Wednesday today, except I"ll be spending the morning at Maggie's school, watching the Halloween Parade. She's dressing up as a flamingo this year. Halloween is still on here, so Amber and Tyler are eager to get home and get ready. They carved their Jack-o-lanterns last night but we didn't set them outside yet because of the rain. Amber said she's too old to go trick-or-treating, so she's looking forward to staying home and handing out the treats. Tyler is so excited about tonight that he can hardly contain himself. I feel sorry for his teacher, today.

Ruth, how did you fare out with the storm?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. I can't believe it's the end of another month already! Exercise on tap for me this morning. I work this afternoon. Our shopping center has trick or treating so that might make things a bit more interesting. I'm thinking my co-workers didn't get the 3fc memo about buying non-tempting candy!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just got up - too much chat noise in here. Sandy is dropping rain on us all day today - hard rain. I'm sure glad it's not snow. The dogs are not delighted but did go out and do their thing very quickly. I think they want a covered shelter area out there for days like this.

Schools are still open and Halloween is still a go around here. We were very lucky and I hope it continues.

I am so very relieved that the Sandy didn't hurt our East Coast Beachers too much. So very lucky! Jennifer I understand how you feel - I was like that after /9/11.

Hate to complain but my knees are killing me. Luckily I have a doc appointment tomorrow (just for bloodwork results) and can whine to him. So much for an artificial knee that's supposed to last a lifetime! The "good" knee is crabbing a lot too. (This is all to explain why I'm skipping gym.)

My schedule today includes pet therapy and then bringing the Halloween goodies from the car. The red liquorice is a goner already. but I still have to deal with potato chips and mini-chocolate bars. Sure hope I have lots of kids and run out of temptations.

Happy Hump Day.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 159/159/120

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Halloween! Our trick-or-treating here got postponed to 11/7 due to the widespread power outages and trees/power lines being down. First time this has happened in my lifetime! Schools have been closed since Monday and still not sure if they will be open tomorrow. Today my boss had to move all patients to her 2nd office that had power. Then we lost power there briefly. Just been crazy.

Having a good first day on SBD so far. Headed out tonight to stock up on healthy food. My dad gets married in a month so that's my motivation. Gotta look hot in the pics. LOL

Have a great Wednesday!

Tracy
Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I slept in...didn't get here before work. We're turning out the lights....the kids aren't any fun for us because Bing goes crazy or has to stay in his kennel all night. See ya'll tomorrow.

Tracy!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So far, only three adorable little kids in furry animal suits. They loved my dogs and vice versa. Looks like it's going to be a quiet night. Usually the rush is OVER by now. I may be in deep trouble with lots of candy, chips and liquorice on hand.
Closed Thread