View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is in the 60 range this day and not expected to move up or down but stay somewhere in the 60s. I am making out an order for a few things for my village to decorate it. I found the cutest little glass Christmas tree that has round glass ornaments to hang on the branches. I used to have a glass tree but it got broken but still have the little ornaments that went on it. This new one has ball type ornaments where the other one had things like a and such like. I can use some of them with the balls. The balls are tiny since the tree is only 6 inches tall. These are made to set at a huge table at each place setting. I can order just one for my village.

Will is at the phone store to see if he can get a replacement glass for the front of his phone. Or a new phone. They will probably just give him a refurbished phone of the same model. He dropped it and it broke the glass on the front other day. I don’t know why they don’t make them out of some unbreakable material which is much stronger for folks do drop things.

Wow tomorrow is Halloween. It seems to me like it got here faster than usual once we started Rocktober. We won’t be home to pass out treats for we will be at mid week services then out to dinner. So no tempting candy will be in this house this year.

My lunch consisted of a Panini of chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato and no sauce. I ate half of it and saved the rest for later. I will probably take the chicken & veggies off the bread and use them in a salad at dinner. The bread is good but I don’t need it this day.

DONNA FAYE I don't like dealing with those jokers on the phone. They block their numbers and you don't know who it is that is calling. I had one that said I owed a ton of money to a company I have NEVER even delt with and so after much discussion I just told them to send it to me in writing through the mail and I would send it along to my attourney to deal with them. I never heard from them again. Scammers are the bottom feeders of this universe in my opinion. Telemarketers are about the same. They block their numbers hoping to get a few hits anyway from those that answer their phones. Yep those butter mints are tasty. The Richardson company makes them in the good ole US of A. Only 1p+ for 7 of them.

JEAN Isn't it lovely when the wind doesn't blow. We are having just a slight breeze here this day. Halloween sure hasn't changed for the better through the years has it. Gone are the kinder gentler days of our lives being replaced by the fast moving "gimmie generation."

Have a wonderful afternoon Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 10-30-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote