South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - Oct. 27 & 28

Suddenly it’s Saturday and I am not enjoying the weather forecast which is heavy rain for the next seven days! I’m hoping it’s JUST rain but know we are going to get Sandy ... after she’s finished with the East Coast and heads this way. I'll gather up anything "blowable" before she gets here and put it in the barn. Last time we had a big wind, my neighbour's chicken house ended up in my field.

After gym yesterday, I got my pies done and ready to go to the pie sale this morning. Claire will be picking them up to take as Jazz and I will be at pet therapy. This afternoon I have to be at the Chili Contest (I didn't enter but will judge) and also make two loaves of sandwiches for tonight’s Hallowe’en dance. However, I got out of bartending at the dance so will be at home relaxing for a change. This has been an incredibly busy week. Tomorrow should be easy as I have our Fair Board AGM at noon with a nice catered chicken BBQ lunch.

Time for another coffee and then spiff Jazz up a bit for his "job". He did find another way out of the yard yesterday and needs a few wee burs removed from his coat. I fixed the latest escape route.

Have a good weekend and please stay safe if you are on the East Coast.

In the meantime,
Old 10-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started! Gosh...I don't know how you do it with all the baking and events you're always involved with. I managed an apple cake last eve to take to a potluck. The rest of the food was pretty awful (understatement).

I have the car warming up and I'm off to work.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I think I'm with Jekel that said she'd rather be working full time than to be retired with Ruth's schedule! Glad you don't have to bartend tonight, although I bet you'd be a fun bartender.

Lexiss - hope work goes well and you get lots of good tips

I don't work today WOO HOO, but I guess I have no excuse not to clean. I'm normally not into football, but can't help but want to watch the Penn state game tonight (I live in state college, it is CRAZY busy out there!), the team and coach have done awesome with what they had against them.

DH's new job starts Monday - and he didn't have to work yesterday. I was SO looking forward to him being home in the mornings to help out a bit, but yesterday was wretched!! LOL...I think I need to tell him my normal routine so hopefully we can fall into a better one. My hope is I can exercise before he goes to work a couple of times a week, since exercise has not been going as well lately.

Mmmm, I made the coffee a bit strong this morning!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-27-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I have a conference call this morning to decide what grants our charitable foundation will fund. Then the whole day to laze around! Dinner out tonight with friends.

My appointment with the GI was disappointing. Yes, they (and I use the plural since I seem to have stumped the nurse practitioner who brought in a doctor) think many of my symptoms indicate reflux and prescribed medication for it. BUT, they didn't think my mouth sores have anything to do with reflux, so, after more research online, I am now seeing my internist on Monday because I am convinced I have thrush. (She actually was ready to prescribe meds for that over the phone but I think I should see her because...) AND, seems that thrush in the throat can cause reflux! Ironically, much of what I've been eating to help my supposed reflux are the kinds of foods that encourage thrush. Sigh.

A different person than me would be losing all kinds of weight since it is uncomfortable to eat and swallow Not me; I just suffer through.

Okay, enough of that... off to have my morning tea.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Karen, I hope you get some relief ASAP! Thrush is no fun from what I know about it and neither is reflux

Tammy great idea sharing your routine with DH, now that's teamwork!

Debbie hope you don't have to work too long today.

Ruth your schedule makes me tired and hungry. Oh how I would love to judge a chili contest mmmmmm

Feeling the after effects of almost two weeks off from work. More like I don't want to work at all lol. I have overtime tomorrow which I regret already. When I get home tonight I will batten down the hatches. OK I will bring in the last of the patio furniture, some potted plants and lay the basketball hoop on the ground. Not sure about the BBQ grill. I am well inland, but after Irene last year, I will take a few extra precautions.

Enjoy what is left of the nice weather
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #6  

Good Saturday morning all...it's going to take me a while to learn who's who here!! But, I'll get there, eventually!
Just got home from the gym (abs class...ouch!), and finishing my breakfast (sauteed veggie leftovers mixed with 3 egg whites...since I ate a hard boiled egg and some V8 juice BEFORE going to the gym)...delish! But, I feel like I'm always eating! If I'm not EATING, I'm THINKING about eating!! Oh well!!
I've got some running around (in the rain...ugh) to do today, then I just want to stay in my nice, warm, dry house! I've got plenty of cleaning...and sewing/quilting to do to keep me busy. I'm pretty sure the sewing will win over the cleaning But, such is life!!

Have a great Saturday all!! Must go back and read now!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #7  

Quick question! How do you add a signature to your posts? I've been searching, and can't seem to find out!

Last edited by Quilter4life; 10-27-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Quilter, sorry I didn't welcome you earlier. I'm into quilting too and it'll be nice to know someone else can relate to the joys and frustrations of that hobby. Don't worry about not being straight on who's who. Just popping in to say hello and report on your own life is just fine. Enjoy your weekend and, since we live fairly close to each other, get ready for the remains of Sandy next week!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #9  

Ruth, where is Delta, Ontario?
And, yes, I still consider myself a newbie to quilting...but I love it. It's all I want to do!!! Been quilting for just 6 years now.

Last edited by Quilter4life; 10-27-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

I'm about 30 minutes north of the Thousand Islands Bridge in the beautiful Rideau waterway. I've been quilting about the same amount of time although I sure did a lot of sewing before that.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sheesh! We left the house at 7:30 to get groceries and run a couple of errands, and it looks like Black Friday out there! The cashier at the grocery store said they had a crowd at 6AM! I guess everyone is running around in a frenzy, getting ready for the big storm. I wish I'd had the forethought to get my groceries yesterday, but I never expected there would be such a panic today. Every single gas station has long lines, too, but I did fill up yesterday, thank goodness.

It looks like the storm is taking a direct aim towards Philadelphia, so we'll be spending the rest of the afternoon making sure everything is secured outside and I'll put my potted plants and pumpkins in Jake's shed. I'm freezing large containers of water to make blocks of ice in case the power goes out, so hopefully everything in the freezer will be OK. I guess it never hurts to be prepared for the worse.

Everyone on the East Coast, take care and be safe!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Quilter, when you have been registered for 20 days and have 20 posts, you can have a signature tracker.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #13  

great, thank you!
Laurie
Old 10-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #14  

Roasted green beans with shallots, garlic and almonds...my new favorite veggie!! Yum!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning hope all the chicks have their homes ready for the big storm. Battended down the hatches last night. Hope to be over the Triborough before 7pm just in case the MTA decides to start closing bridges. I am probably one of the only people who did not flock the local grocery stores. I am certain even if we lost power for a month I would survive on what us in the house lol.

Happily down 4 pounds from Tuesday. I am determined to get my weight to the one on my ticker. Hopefully a pound or two will come off this week. Pretty uneventful here, but that may change with the storm. Stay safe, dry and happy
Closed Thread