Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #1  

Talking

Hey everyone!! Have a great easter! Crystal
Old 04-13-2001, 09:20 AM   #2  

Hi, everyone! I wnated to stop by and say thanks for the warm welcome and all the nice things you all said to me. I have figured out the problem with my son's speech therapy and I think we will be OK. I am still fighting the insurance company.

I have to weigh in today and I don't feel like I lost anything. I lose in spurts so it is probably a 1/4 pound going by how I usually lose.

Have a happy Easer everyone!

Karen
Old 04-15-2001, 07:11 PM   #3  

Hi everyone
I posted the other day by mistake in LA#24. I am back---I kept trying to come back onto 3FC, but,when they closed it down, I think about 2 months ago to upgrade, I couldn't get back it---but, I am glad I am back!!!!!!
I am glad to see a lot of the same people out there--and a few new as well.
Well, I weighed in yesterday, and I GAINED 2 pounds 0
I know I have not been following the program too much now, as well as going off it today, but, after seeing those 2 pounds come on---I am going to start being very strict with myself. I haven't been writing down what I eat---and we all know, that is when we do MUCH better. I find myself actually lying sometimes in the journal, just so I don't have to hear it when I go to the center. I LOVE my center. Actually, I would like to talk to Bela (Regina) I go to the Scarsdale center. I LOVE Pat!!!!!!! She is so great!!!!!! I always do so much better when I talk to her. She tells me I am getting cocky now about the program because I have lost 40 pounds. I did VERY good when I was writing what I actually ate. And, when I stuck to program, I STUCK to program and I LOST!!!!!!!! I was losing an average of 2 pounds a week. But, since January, I have only lost 10 pounds. I know if I really stayed with the program, I would have AT LEAST another 15-20 gone.
I think a lot of it kind of started around the time that this board was changed. I post on another board, but, it is hard, because a lot of people are on Weight Watchers and a bunch of other diets, and I find it really hard to talk to other people and have to constantly be reminded as to what plan they are on. It is easy to talk and read about other people that are on the same plan. So, everone out there----MOTIVATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have now lost 40 pounds and 29 1/2 inches. I joined a gym in December that was going to open up right around my corner (how convenient is that?). They were going to open in FEB--that turned into April--well, April is here--and now they say another 8-10 weeks!!!!!!!!! Well, I guess I have to really start walking and to the Tae Bo!!!!!!
Sorry for babbling everyone. Hope you ran for your bars today when you saw all the candy (I know I didn't) I didn't do too bad with the candy--I did bad with the desserts----my family and then we stopped for dessert at my in-laws.
The way I see it---tomorrow is the day.
Will check in with you all tomorrow and let you know how it went.
Take Care
Margaret
Old 04-15-2001, 08:45 PM   #4  

Default Easter Nightmare

Well, I have totally lost it today. I went and bought some candy for my husband, (yeah,right) and I have been in it all day. I knew I was going to do this. I don't even no why I brought it into the house. I wrote it in my journal. I usually woudn't but I don't want to get back into old patterns. I think that I ate all that candy because I felt lonely today. My husband went to Alabama for the weekend. I went to church with a couple of friends, Kim and Hollly. I thought we were going out to dinner afterwards, but Kim had made plans to eat with Holly and her family. Kim thought I was going to my grandmothers, anyway, I think I was a little mad about that and lonely. That is what I think started my binge.
I wish I could have felt my feelings and been more in tuned when it happened. I need to stop and ask myself, "why are you eating this? What is it that you are trying to numb out about?"
I hope that in the future I can catch it in time. I don't want to beat up on myself, because that will only feed the cycle.
Sorry about blabbing on and on. I have a hard time keeping a personal journal, so this helps me to vent some feelings.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

Crystal
Old 04-16-2001, 08:39 PM   #5  

I have just got back from vacation. I went to LA weight
loss center today. They started me on the Take Off Phase. I stay on it for 3days. How much weight did
everyone loose on this part of the program?

honey55bun I went to high school in Breckinridge County. I did join at the Owensboro center. I read
your post & that sounds like something I would do. I
find that I eat when I am lonely, upset, mad, & stressed
out. I have started to ask myself why I am eating
since I am usually not hungry. I will then try to do
something else besides eat. Don't beat yourself up.
Get back on the program!! You can do it I know you
can!!!

I can't wait until Thursday. That is the day I go back &
they will put me on my regular plan. I just hope
I will be able to eat some bread.
Sharon
Old 04-17-2001, 08:28 AM   #6  

Sharon, you sound like me. I used to eat for all my emotions, happy, sad, angry, ect. Now, I try to find another way to deal with it. Sometimes it is crying which works but not always approiate. I am still strugling with emotional eating but I am much better than I used to be.

I weighed in Yesterday and another pound gone. (53 total gone 47 to go!) I have been doing great lately. I am over the half way point to my goal so I am very excited! I also weigh less than my hubby now. I am so glad about that!

I hope all of you are doing OK!

Karen
Old 04-17-2001, 02:20 PM   #7  
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Hi just checking in...
It is soo nice to hear about all you loosers!!--good job.

Maggie: congrats on your 40lb loss.

Crystal,,,we are here to give each other support,,write as much as you want..it will help...I remember one time I was down cause I blew it..Terry told me to drink some extra water and kick up my exercising...I did just that and felt better.. you have done well and I KNOW you will continue to do good!!

Sharon: you have a good attitude..good attitude and determination will do it..

Karen..Congrats on your 50lb losss.

I am on my own type of maintainance now,,I do not consider myself on OP anymore..I may not go back to center for awhile, if at all, I have a big personal project that needs my attention..it is not bad thing, may turn out to be good, for right now I have to concentrate on that and maintaining my loss, hopefully this last 5lbs will come off one day..I will be around for support for you all, you'll help me also...
Di
Old 04-18-2001, 06:58 PM   #8  

Hi all,

It has been a week since I weighed in. The center called me today looking for me. I have not been perfect, but I don't think I have gained too much either. My scale says 1/2 lb. I am having a hard time getting into the swing of things again. The last of my out of town company leaves on Saturday, then for sure I will get back into it. I will go tomorrow to get weighed in too!!!

In the past when I've lost weight I'vegotten cocky or resentful, quit and all the weight eventually all comes back on. This is the most I have ever lost 41 lbs. I have alot at stake here, I should be able to get my head in the right place wouldn't you think? I really need to lose the last 15 lbs and get to maintenance. I can afford it - that isn't the problem- it's self sabotage for some reason. I went to the store today and needed to buy shorts. The 16 swam on me, the 14's fit in the hips but are hugh in the waist. The 12's were too tight. That disappointed me, I wish my hips matched my waist size.

Ok thanks for listening to me ramble. yada yada yada. I will get to weigh in tomorrow if it kills me!

Margaret: We are in the same boat here!!!

Crystal: I am an emotional eater too!!! Hang in there

Karen 50 lbs - you go girl!!!!

Di: good luck to you!!! We'll be here!!!
Old 04-18-2001, 07:55 PM   #9  

Hi all and happy belated easter

I hope everyone is well, I didn't read back through the LAWL 24 post

Mom2 twins - I know you can do these last 15 - **** you got the first 41 off (CONGRATS!) I think alot of us are like that when we get close to goal - I read in some magazine - its common because you are going to achieve your goal and it brings on a fear - ok enough of my psycho babble , keep it I KNOW u will do it

Hi di - you must feel incredible being 5 lbs away from goal

Karen, every time i read one of your posts I get more and more motivated - you are awesome - thanks for being such an inspiration (and i needed that after yesterday

Crystal - i thought i was the only one who lost it this week, (3 pieces of napelon cake and popcorn and some leftover easter candy last night - and yes I fessed up to it in my journal) isn't amazing we do this to ourselves we work so hard and then in one fell swoop we crash - the good thing is we get up and dust ourselves off and move on

Hey Maggie - isn't Pat the best! I love her - she made working fun congrats on your loss - feel free to pm me

ok, gang, I was good all week and weekend and then last night I hit THE WALL i have no clue why but i started to eat and just couldn't stop and then I get on the scale today (i almost didn't go to weigh in but i figured, since I put it in my journal, i have to face the music) anyway , i lost ? which means it will probaly show up on friday's weigh in .... anyway i am now down 14.5 pds ,

have a good night/day all
Old 04-18-2001, 10:43 PM   #10  

Hi everyone
Just wanted to check in---even though I have NOT been doing good at all!!!!!! I have just been eating, eating, eating. I don't know why I am doing this to myself!!!!!!
I was going to weigh in today---I couldn't this morning and I didn't want to go this afternoon, because it was after lunch (and I was wearing jeans)
Anyway--I am going to get to bed---it is really only 10:45 PM--why is the time messed up on this site??
Anyway---I'll let you know how I did tomorrow
Good Night
Take Care
Margaret
Old 04-19-2001, 08:38 AM   #11  

Thanks, Bella and Mom and everyone else! I have been
posting to the 100 pound club for quite a while they are so positive and great it really helps me. I guess some rubbed off on me.

Mom, you can do it and don't be so hard on yourself. It just sounds like you need to get recharged. I felt the same way at the begining of April when I had a week of no loss and a week of just 1/2 pound total loss. Just keep going you will make it.

I weighed in Yesterday. I lost 1/2 a pound. I was hoping to finnally be under 200 but not quite there yet I weighed 200.5. I will get there someday.

Well, I better go now!

Karen
Old 04-19-2001, 01:16 PM   #12  
PartyAnimal&ComputerNerd

Default The Time

The time on this site is set to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).. this is "The standard by which all World Time is set was agreed at the 1884 International Convention at Washington DC, USA placed Greenwich on the Prime Meridian (Zero Longitude)". In case anyone really cares . Don't know why they keep the time at that... I guess because we have people from all over... keeps it standard.
Old 04-19-2001, 01:58 PM   #13  
Spicy Chick

Default thanks

Thanks for the explanation about time, I always wondered,--- some sites I post at have my time--- some do not, so now I know why..thanks..
Old 04-19-2001, 03:57 PM   #14  

Default Time

ladydi, if your logged in you can go to your profile and then select edit options and set the time to YOUR time then everything is hunky dorey and back to normal with NO wondering when the last message was really posted.
Old 04-19-2001, 03:58 PM   #15  

Default New to the group

Just started with LA WEIGHTLOSS 12 days ago. Lost 5.75 lbs and have gained back 2.5 lbs. I hate 6oz total of cottage cheese in 2 days, Tuna on the same day, etc... Do these rules and regs drive anyone else crazy?
Do you get used to them? Glad to see you all on here!
LA weightloss is a great program nutritionally but it's hard to adjust to. I'm working on it though and plan to stick to it this time. I'd love to hear from all who are working the LA weightloss plan!
Janie
Closed Thread