Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default What are you eating in OWL? How many carbs?

Hi All:

What are you eating in owl? how many carbs?

my menu today:

b: peanut butter "bread" (made from natural peanut butter, eggs, lemon juice and baking soda) toasted with cheese (6 carbs)

lunch: Zucchini sliced raw with shrimp dip (homemade with cream cheese, a little shredded cheese, shrimp, dill, and lemon juice and blended). (7)

snack: peppered beef jerky (5)

dinner: chicken breast, melted cheese, sliced cucumber, cabbage (7)

Total: 25 carbs (only 11 from veg, I'm going to try to add more fat and veg and less meat tomorrow!)

Also - just fyi - I made a really good avocado mash the other day by adding some sesame oil, hot sauce and garlic salt. Good with veggies
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #2  

or if you're not in OWL - what are you eating period?!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

For breakfast I had a zucchini, shredded and sauteed, then mixed in with 2 scrambled eggs and 2 egg whites, all cooked in a TBS butter. And I had 2 TBS coconut cream in my coffee. 6 gm net carbs.

At lunch I had a big serving of Thai Tom Ka Gai soup (homemade chicken soup recipe). 8 gm net carbs.

I have planned for an afternoon snack of good blue cheese on celery. 4 gm net carbs.

Dinner will be wild salmon and a big plate of oven-roasted cauliflower with tahini dressing. 10 gm net carbs.

That's 28 gm.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #4  

I love Tom ka gai!

I had a really good weekend and even experimenting with adding some whole grains in (small small portions), I lost 2 lbs.

I made dinner for me and the bf on Sat night (he is not low carbing). I made petit fillets (steak) with blue cheese butter and shredded brussell sprouts sauteed in butter with caramelized onions, pancetta, and meyer lemon juice. Yum! I also made our breakfasts (egg scramble) and we each had our own lunches (i had meat, cheese, and veg and he had a turkey sandwich). When I told him I lost 2 lbs this weekend he said that he did too and was surprised He needs to lose a bit of weight too so that's great!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

The moment any grain crosses my lips I start retaining water and my blood sugar spikes. The other day I experimented with pancakes. I found a Martha Stewart recipe that used buttermilk. The ratio of flour to buttermilk and eggs was pretty low. Didn't seem to matter that there was only a couple tablespoons of sprouted whole wheat flour in it. My blood sugar spiked and stayed elevated for some time, even though I had eggs and butter with my pancake. I'm going to try the recipe again with a combination of almond and coconut flour this weekend. I'll switch out the buttermilk with unsweetened coconut milk too. I miss pancakes and waffles!

I have increased my carbs to 50 net gm. this last week, but I'm adding more veggies instead of grains and legumes. An occasional sweet potato, winter squash varieties, and just more veggies overall. I eat 6 - 9 servings of veggies a day now. I think I might add a few servings of fruit, like berries. I'm so glad I froze all the berries I got over the summer from my CSA!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote