View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #30
My2loseW8

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

I have always been overweight. My brother and I both. My sister is not- has never been. I hadn't seen my brother in four years when we met up in Canada, half way between where we lived at the time. He was pretty heavy, the heaviest I have seen him. Me too. He met my then fiance. We had planned our wedding for last June. He wanted to get thin for the wedding as he was our officiant. I of course wanted to lose weight for the wedding. I had lost on WW before I met my husband. After we met, we got comfortable- I ate- and then my son started having issues and was later diagnosed with late onset Muscular Dystrophy. I ate some more. I was at my highest 253 when I started WW again, with less success. Then I tried the Dukan diet. Lost about 40. Was very hard, a lot of work in food prep and I had major issues with the big C. Post wedding... ate again- dang cake!... gained 11 back. At my wedding my brother came and looked fabulous! He had lost about 55 lbs at that point. I was interested in what he was doing, but seemed he was struggling doing it alone and now away from his coach (he moved here). He kept losing. 85 lbs down. I wanted to know more! I researched the heck out of it. My husband said he would do it with me to start. My brothers wife started about the same time I did. I turned them on to this site and all the recipes. I find it so easy!!! My husband and I are doing alternatives and we are doing great. He is in phase 2, and so is my brother. I have a lot to go, but truly with this site and IP, I feel like I can get to goal for the first time ever.

Goals:
below 213- that dreaded weight that I get stuck at!
206- lowest weight for last 10+ years
199- Onederland!! and exactly half way there for me!
172- 3\4 the way there!
160- OMG!
My2loseW8 is offline   Reply With Quote