View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
MonicaKolesnik

Height: 5'4

I have always been bigger, even when I was a child, being bullied alot about it did not help, I think the weight just kept creeping up in my teen years till my body found a size it "liked" and stayed there. I had been in the 270lb range since I was 20 and was humiliated on many occasions where random strangers would make rude comments about my weight. It did not matter what I changed, more exercise, eating better, it made me feel better but no difference in weight. As with most people life got in the way; nursing school, marriage, moving twice in 4 years, buying our first house. Everything seemed more important and the last thing I had time for was ME. Then one day I realized if I do not make time for me who will? I had seen my sister lose 80lbs on IP and others doing at my work and said "Maybe I can do it to". I have never tried a diet before, had no idea what I would be in for so I researched like crazy, and did my own low carb diet for three 12hr night shifts, figuring if I could survive these then the diet would work for me. I am happy to say it is.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote