Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of September 14th**

Happy Sunday All,

I have some confusion about the Flex Points plan, as far as journalling goes. If you do it like a check book, and deduct as you go, how to you write it if you have to use FPs? I had to use 2.5 FPs yesterday. Do you just "deposit" 2.5 FPs, and then show a "0" balance? I think I like the plan though. Even though you still kind of have a range...you have 5 FPs a day extra, I like having a target to hit. My intention is to not use any FPs, but at least they're there. I think I'll probably have to use them until I get back into the swing of things.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Have a great week!!
Old 09-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #2  

Lauren - wish I could answer your flex points question. But I haven't rejoined so I'm sticking with the old way for now.

Back to op yesterday and made up 5 of my points over so I'm only 4.5 over for the week even after the cashew catastrophe.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
1 Day OP
Old 09-15-2003, 11:36 AM   #3  

OK, I had 5.5 points left over yesterday and only 4.5 to make up for, so I ended the week with one point banked. woohoo!

I did my weigh in this morning and lost .5 lb. I did measurements and lost 3 3/4 inches this month. My weight loss has been slow these last 2 weeks, but I have lost 5 for the month so I'm making progress.

Rabbit
199/198.5/189Halloween
2 days OP
Old 09-15-2003, 11:48 AM   #4  
LBH

Wow, Rabbit!! That's awesome!!

I totally blew it yesterday. We went to the IL's for the afternoon and dinner. MIL made pasta...she's the pasta queen. She fills your bowl and puts it in front of you...doesn't serve it on the table. So she gave me like 3 c. of ziti and two big meatballs!! At least they were turkey meatballs and the sauce was homemade so there wasn't any points in it. And for lunch, we didn't really have anything handy in the house, so I made hot dogs rolled in cresent rolls...unfortunately they were 11 pts. each, because I used 2 cresents per dog, since they were long dogs (Best's...don't know pts., but I think it's 5). Ended up using 20 FP's for the day!! I will have to really watch it for the rest of the week.

On a good note, I'm really beefing up my water intake. I always get in at least 64 oz...that's just cause I only drink water...besides coffee in the AM. But I've been aiming for double that. Hopefully it will help counteract yesterday's mess.

I really need to take my measurements and write them in my tracker.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I keep messing up week after week. I eat well Mon, Tuesday, maybe Wednesday and then forget about it the rest of the week. Earlier this summer I wore a gold bracelet for a while and had a rule. I couldn't eat anything bad for me while wearing it. I think I will go dig it out again.

I bought a baby trailer for my bike yesterday. Today we went up and down our dirt road for 40 minutes. I haven't been riding at all this summer because I always have Wil (12 months) with me. I am hoping for some nice weather this fall and getting some use out of it before the snow falls.

I have been feeling really stressed out about my weight lately. I am a typical apple shape. I actually had someone ask me if I was pregnant again a while ago.

I also broke out my tracker again today. I have only a few entries in it sporadically from the whole summer. I can't believe I let a whole summer slip by without losing weight.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:53 PM   #6  
LBH

Morrigan, DH & I have been thinking about getting either a trailer or a seat that attaches to the back of the bike. What trailer did you get and what do you think of it?
Old 09-16-2003, 11:47 AM   #7  

hello all.

I just realized yesterday that I should have had myself in a lower point bracket so I've taken care of that. Hard to lose points!

Lauren - those crescent hot dogs sound really good to me, but on the points! ~ I highly recommend using measurements as another way to track your progress.

Morrigan - good idea to get the baby trailer. Enjoy!

Rabbit
199/198.5/189Halloween
3 Days OP
Old 09-16-2003, 01:58 PM   #8  

Lauren:
Not sure if you want Flex advice from me. But here it is. What I do is I add the Flex points then make it a zero balance. I don't add flex till I have used all the Target points. That is how my leader said we should do it. But you could add them in earlier if you are planning to use them that day.

Good Luck on Flex.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:45 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

B- Thanks for the tip, I think I will do it that way, it seems to make the most sense. Congrats on the loss, you are doing awesome!!
Old 09-16-2003, 05:40 PM   #10  
Donna

Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm working on getting a real estate business off the ground plus my regular job and all my family/personal stuff, so I've been pretty busy.

Thought I'd pop in really quick before I leave for WW. I've been doing pretty well with the flex points, it reminds me a lot of the program before the last (the first with points) only instead of banking your extra, they're in a bank to start and you subtract from it. Anyway I lost a pound the first week, then missed last week (training meeting), I was down this morning on my scale we'll see what WW says.

Anyway....

Rabbit - Yea on sticking with and then getting right back on program, and starting an exercise program that's what I've gotta do.

LBH - I add the flex points in at the end of the day and subtract from the bank, this gives me a daily zero balance. One of the leaders said not to do this it'd be too confusing, but it made the most sense to me. No way am I not using the flex points, I know myself, I'm just trying to keep to 35

RR - Good to see you back, hope sd#2 is better.

Morrigan - Don't beat yourself up about not sticking with program 24/7, my leader always says "baby-steps, when you've got them mastered move on to bigger ones". This has always made sense to me.

Anyway, gotta go. I'll try to pop in later to let you know how I did.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 09-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Hi All...

Just a quick note to let ya know Im still alive! Just been real busy....The weekend was a blast!! Great birthday! Then I got sick Monday..still sick with some bleahhhh stomach bug. I got lots of pics and will post some as soon as I get back to par here. Take care..
Old 09-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Noodles, good to see you back! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Tech, So for instance, you write it all down, even if you puts you in a negative balance, then at the end, do a deposit of FP's and bring it to zero? That's what I'm doing. Nobody explained it to me at the meeting, I guess because most of the women said they didn't use their FP's! I don't think I could get by without them!! Maybe once I get back into the swing of things and my stomach shrinks a little, I won't be soo starving?!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:22 AM   #13  

hello

just a quick post. Had another op day - hoping it will show up on the scale any day now...

Bluvsu - welcome! and you are doing so awesome!

Tech - good to hear from you. You sound like you are continuing to do well.

Noodles - glad you had a nice bday!

Rabbit
199/198.5/189Halloween
4 days OP
Old 09-18-2003, 01:34 PM   #14  
Donna

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't stop back Tuesday night. I stayed the same at WW and since AF came for a visit today I'm pretty happy. Usually I gain just before. The problem is Tuesday night after we got home from dinner, my mom called to say my grandma was rushed to the hospital and they didn't expect her to live thru the night. So the last couple of days have been pretty stressful, I've decided to not track my food for the week since between TOM and the stress I'm not doing well and that will just add to the stress. Let's hope I can get back on track next week .

LBH - That's exactly how I do it, then after I deposite them I deduct (cross out) them from the "bank". I couldn't do it with out the flex points either, but then I always ate at the top of my range most of the week anyway. Good Luck!

Rabbit - Hope your WI goes well. I have to laugh that you reset you OP clock. At this point I think I'd have to do hours not days

Noodles - Glad your birthday went well. Hope that stomach bug leaves soon.

Well, got a mess of stuff I should be doing, so I'll wish you all a great weekend, since I probably won't be back until next week.

-Tech
Old 09-20-2003, 03:09 AM   #15  
Rattie Lover

Hi all..

still got that nasty bug! the only thing good about it is I lost another 3 pounds. I been living off of chicken soup. If you see my puzzle times, you know Im not with it all the way. Sigh. I go to drs. tuesday so we shall see what she has to say. I'll keep you posted..take care...
Closed Thread