South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat on The Beach - Oct.22

Good morning and have a mug of Big Easy. Suddenly we are in the last full week of October and I note that snow is predicted later next week! However, after the weather predictions this weekend, I refuse to believe them. We were told it would rain and ended up with glorious sunshine. We have to get through Hallowe'en without snow, right?

Weight has been going the wrong way. I'm a stress eater and good at it! That will change this week as I have purged the house and the job that has been stressing me will probably be done today. It's a very busy week so there will be no fooling around. I'll spare you the details.

Today Donna and I are off to the gym for 7:30 and then will go for coffee at the restaurant in the same town. I will have just coffee instead of one of their delicious banana muffins which they warm and serve with butter. Remember - you read it here first.

Have a good start to the week.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Already? SBD Daily Chat for 10/22

I'm requiring a big mug of coffee this morning to get me going after the weekend. I had a lovely 3 days at my DD's of staying up til the wee hours and sleeping in in the morning, just what a weekend calls for. My eating was awful, though, and now I'm paying for it. So today will be a day of very clean eating and drinking lots of water to purge myself of my weekend sins and getting myself back on track.

How's everyone doing this morning?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth, and will power to you with banana muffins! They're not my favorite, so I'd be okay. Make sure there's no lemon poppyseed if I visit! I agree, no snow before halloween!!

Wow, my alarm actually went off this morning! I have a few minutes before the kids get up to enjoy coffee and quiet. My favorite tech has left, who am I going to sing with in surgery today?!?! The rest of the day will be busy...violin lessons, library, maybe to get pumpkins...

My DH is horrible on his new way-of-eating! I will admit, he was thrown into it, the doctor gave him one month, or he gets meds. If I had a quarter for every time he complained he can't have sugar in his coffee...

Cottage - glad you had a great weekend! Hope you recover quickly!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-22-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You beat me to the Daily by 10 minutes this morning, Ruth. I'm holding you to it to avoid those muffins. And BTW, it's way too early to even make mention of that 4-letter word!

Good morning to you, too, Tammy! I agree, banana muffins don't do a thing for me either. But I love a good bran muffin. I'm sorry that your DH is finding it so hard to follow his diet, and I hope it gets easier for him.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-22-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got called in to work yesterday morning...the new gal didn't show. I've enjoyed coffee and now I need to get at it on the paperwork I was supposed to take care of for mom yesterday....a commercial lease. I've procrastinated long enough.

I did give a first shot yesterday making vegan quinoa patties. They turned out pretty well. I have more cooked quinoa and will try again tonight.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like a week of perfect fall weather around here. I'm taking my time this morning. I got home around 5 on Saturday and am feeling okay about starting late this morning. I've got one night this week and a Saturday election thing so no shortage of hours in by Sunday. I'm going to try the roasted chicken in the crockpot recipe. I hope it's good, it would be nice to be able to do that once in awhile. I'm in fall mode, so dumpling squash stuffed with apples, cranberries, & spices on the side. I know the house will smell great.

Ruth - you mentioned the scary word. I had to go look, none in our forecast yet. I hope it holds off for awhile

Cottage - Sounds like a really fun weekend

Twynn - Hope DH settles into his new food plan. I'm curious about all those recipes you are tagging to try. It's the soup/stew season again and I'm also looking for some new stuff.

Debbie - very curious about those patties. Hope today is productive without any extra stress.

Okay, time to get moving. Here's to Monday evening and a glass of wine!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth oh I hope your weatherman is wrong! Last year we had the dreaded "s" word for Halloween! I went 5 days without power. It was a freak storm that brought terrible ice too.

Tammy good luck with the hubby. Men can be so, well you know, when they are forced to change their ways. Maybe his new job will help lessen the stress for you

Simple day planned. Meeting Gina for lunch and then nothing. We walked 8.1 miles yesterday in the city. My calves are tight as are my jeans lol. I knew I would be on vacation from the beach for the week. I cannot wait to start p1 tomorrow as I am more than ready.

Coffee and zucchini bread time (it's P2 SB compliant) so I may as well enjoy it today
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

Morning ladies!

Twynn - Sorry to hear your husband is not loving his new way of eating... but hopefully when he starts seeing results and feeling great, that will speak for itself! :-)

Jekel - Any must-see or do recommendations in NYC? I'll be there for a week next month, interviewing at Columbia for medical school. I'll also be in Cooperstown for a day, again for med school. Can't wait!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Zestfest, anything and everything! If you have time a Broadway show. Get your tickets at the TKTS booth in the heart of Times Square, they are half price. they open 2 hours before show time, google it for more info. The 9/11 Memorial requires advance reservations which you make online. St. Patrick's Cathedral and Grand Central Terminal are brilliant gems. Basically any direction from midtown will give you quite a show of brilliant architecture, unique shopping and awesome little finds. Wear your most comfortable sneakers/shoes your feet will thank you for it. Subways are often confusing so do your homework if you are planning on traveling underground. Central Park too is an oasis worth seeing. Depending on when you arrive, many stores will have their holiday displays in their windows, Macy's Saks, Tiffany's all the big names put on quite a display.

Cooperstown is pretty quiet this time of year. Medical school is quite an accomplishment. What are you looking to specialize in? My friend's daughter is pre med at Albany College of Medicine and Pharmacology (I think that is the name of it)
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey All. Just checking in. I have not been OP but I guess I haven't been as bad as I thought because I'm still losing.... not much, but some...

This time of year is so hard! Parties and more parties and MORE PARTIES. Darn being social!!!! We now have another one Saturday night, and my friend Jen is in town this weekend and staying with us, and wants to hit all her favorite restaurants while she's here. Sigh.

Here's hoping I hit my 6 lb goal but it's gonna take a miracle this month. We'll see what happens. Being good when I'm NOT partying, at least...

Hope everyone's having a good day. I just thought I'd check in and let you know I'm still trying to fight the good fight.

Lisa
Closed Thread