Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:26 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again... # 409

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #2  

Angry Good day.

It is nearly midnight so this will hopefully be short and sweet... but who knows. LOL

I had a pretty good weekend. I always enjoy my daughter when she comes home. She helps me out so much ... plus we just enjoy each others company. My other daughter and I are getting much closer too. It is nice when they grow up and they are friends as well as children.

Today we celebrated my husband's and youngest daughters birthdays. It was a nice day. Nice weather wise and a nice day celebrating here at home with everyone. I did have a small piece of garlic bread and a slice of birthday cake but otherwise did good.

After everyone left... I put on my suit and got into the 76 degree water and exercised. Brrrrrrrr It was cold... but not too bad. Once you start exercising you build up body heat. It is just that first time going totally full body into the water that WAKES YOU UP !!!! LOL

We decided not to close down the pool before vacation. We still have hot and cold days here in Oklahoma and I want to take advantage of every warm day we have. Does anyone know where I could order an EXTRA EXTRA LARGE wet suit ??? Aren't they used to keep divers warm when diving in cold water?? I would swim year round if I could just keep warm enough. Well ... maybe not Dec- Feb but all the rest.

Okay... no time for replys now. Hopefully in the morning.
Just wanted to thanked Syn for her post... it was inspiring for me.
Thanks so much... and also to Andria. I think you also wrote some awesome stuff that really hit me personally. I will try to reply to them tomorrow.
Tonight... time for bed. Good night.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Extra Sized Wetsuit

2Cute-Try Junonia. They have plus size active wear in all sorts of sizes, including some wetsuits.

Today was a busy day, and tomorrow will be the same. So, tonight I'm just sending a "Hello" and hope you are all doing well. I'll catch up with you tomorrow sometime.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:09 AM   #4  

Morning Chicklets,

Today is a new day and a new start for this chick. I'm sitting here thinking, you know, Sandy, it is not that bad, you know all the right things to eat and how to stay on track. And I know that there are little sweet things out there to curve that indulgence factor that hits all the time lately. And I have to start those walk away the pounds tapes again, I really love them, just make myself do them is the thing now. But my plan for today is to stay on track and stay within my points as soon as I go look that up again. The WW plan seems to work for me so thats what I'm gonna do. I got to go read up on the flex points too. One really good thing happened this weekend, probably the best thing that could have here at home while I was away. Hubby had an extra 12 year old boy here and a babysitter 15 here all weekend, and guess what these four lovely angels did? They cleaned me out of all junk food and then some. It seems they ate all but the kitchen sink. I know it's not thankful Thursday, but I am thankful for that and have no excuse to refill the cupboards with all that junk cause none of us in this house need it!!!

Okay, I have gotten long winded again sorry. I will be back later today to do all my personal replys, but right now I have to scoot these 2 kiddos out the door for the school bus and finish getting myself ready for work.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 09-15-2003, 07:28 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good Monday morning all
Hope all of you are bright and bushy tailed this morning. It is the start of a new week and a new you.

I went off program some this weekend. Weekends are bad on me.
I had one diet soda, kfc, fish sand, and ff.

Sandy glad to see you back from your week-end.

well I better run I have to shower, eat and go to work.

Catch you all later
Old 09-15-2003, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

No time for individual replies. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Time is short as I need to be getting ready for work plus I can't remember who posted what yesterday afternoon!

I spent several hours yesterday getting my paperwork all caught up. Good grief, I must have neglected a lot of things the last three weeks. I track all the bill stuff on the computer plus I can and shred almost all the paperwork so that was what I was catching up.

I did get myself out for a bike ride. I started out thinking I wouldn't be able to get in my 50 minutes as planned and would be happy to get 30. But once I got past 30, I hung in there and got my planned 50. I even did more upslope riding and it didn't kill me!

Tonight is discipleship class so I'm not sure what exercise I'll get in between work and class, if any. I will have to walk the dog tonight. I did cheat him last night because I finished my bike ride just in time for the Sopranos. No way I was walking during Sex and the City and had to watch Carnivale. So, he got cheated.

I'm back off my eating the house down streak and ready to be back on track.

Have a great day! I'm running late already.

Sandy - Welcome back!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:26 AM   #7  

Morning My feathered lovelies!

I haven't been awake long enough to respond properly, but I will just say....you all mean more to me than you will ever know. Having this site to come to (especially at the beginning of my day), has given me another reason to get out of bed in the morning), there was a day (not that long ago), that I dreaded it because I was so miserable, and some days I literally just muddled through, existing really, BUT THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER, I AM ENJOYING MY LIFE, AND ALL OF YOU PLAY SUCH A VITAL ROLE IN THAT. So, thanks to each of you. I love you all.

DONT FORGET DR PHIL STARTS HIS NEW SEASON TODAY, AND THE WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE! I have my VCR set to tape it.

Gotta get moving chickies, got to exercise now so I make certain I do not start looking for excuses!

toodles
Old 09-15-2003, 08:28 AM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Thumbs down

Hi Gals -
Just popping in for a quick "Hello". We are having a wonderful time. Yesterday we went to Animal Kingdom for most of the day. Last night we went to a private dinner party in Epcot. It was so neat - they took us in a back entrance and we ate in a club above Norway. Then they took us over to France for dessert on a patio overlooking the lake and the Firework/Laser show. . Jeff is working most of today with the conference. I am going to get dressed and go workout in the heath club and then plan on laying by the pool with a book for a while. Depending on what time I come in I may go do some shopping in the Disney Market place. Jeff managed to double book us for dinner tonight so I am not sure what we are doing.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'll talk to you soon!
Barb
Old 09-15-2003, 10:37 AM   #9  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

It's my birthday! It's my birthday! It's my birthday!!!

In case you can't tell, I'm rather fond of my own holiday. Today is the one day I can be totally high maintenance without anyone commenting to the negative. And, to be honest, I'm enough of a brat about celebrating, that I usually manage to eke out an entire week of partying. My friend Fae treated me Saturday to breakfast at a yummy place and then a shoulder massage. She is an incredible massage therapist. Shoulder massages with her begin at your finger tips and don't end until you feel like you've been through an amazing physical and emotional release. Yesterday was a family party at my brother and SIL's place. They made my favorite chocolate cake with a chocolate and raspberry frosting. Oh, and candles that said 29 on them. I laughed so hard. DH is taking me to dinner tonight thanks to a gift certificate he picked up. Tomorrow one of my sisters is taking me out, but I'm not sure what we are doing. See, told you I'm a brat! And I love every second of it!

See you all later. I'm going to head in early to work to get a few things done and have less stress because there isn't enough time to do them.

Andria
Old 09-15-2003, 10:56 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRIA
Hope you have a fantastic day!

j-ann
Old 09-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Default Another Wetsuit Lead

First of all, Happy Birthday Andria

2cute, I have a diveskin that I use when I go scuba diving. It is from www.divegoddess.com and comes in a bunch of sizes and really cool fabrics. The downside is they only do lycra so it is not as warm as a neoprene wetsuit.

Definitely have my VCR set for Dr. Phil today. I'm about half-way through his book and some interesting insights so far. I agree with him that we make the choice to have the food or not exercise or whatever...
Old 09-15-2003, 11:23 AM   #12  

Angry

Just a quick hello.
I have soooooo much to do before heading out on vacation Wed.

Amanda... you have got my number. LOL We ARE quite a bit alike.
In fact.. so much alike I feel sorry for you.
Thanks for the info on a wet suit.

Kat... CONGRATS on your 3.6lbs !!!! Last May WW had everyone mail themselves postcards too. My daughter recieved hers and she reached her goal !!! It was pretty neat.

Lori... I have tried to correct errors before when starting a new thread... and it would only fix it on my post... not the title itself. Did they change our abilities or do you have special capabilities like a monitor ?? I once wrote Redy instead of Ready and I could not fix it. Grrrr

Barb ... that is so cool you got to post while on vacation. Hopefully the hotel we stay at will have internet access too.

Syn... sounds like there are several of us who have just moved.
I STILL have boxes in my garage AND at the old house. I truly feel sorry for you being in the house and having carpet laid and painted. It sure was nice that we could wait until the painting and carpeting was done before we moved in. Just relax the best you can.

Tracy .. You definitely had bad luck Sunday. Hopefully today will be much better for you.

Andria... Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to you ... Happy birthday dear ANDRIA !!!!! Happy birthday to YOU .

Enjoy your day.... uh... I mean WEEK !!!

Pam... I FOUND YOUR PHOTO !! I am happy to say you are now on my board too.
And let me add... YOU brighten our days too.

Sandy ... WELCOME HOME. You sound ready and positive !!!

Mary .. weekends are hard for a lot of us. Less structure I think.

Terri... your quote sounds perfect plan to me.
Quote:
my goal has been to get down to 235 before I go and then maintain that through the holidays.
I like that plan. Work HARD today and each day until Thanksgiving. Maybe even lose another 20lbs... and then maintain it until January. I like that.

J-ann... Hi. Make some time to come back and post.

Okay... I am out of here. I am going to be very very busy the next couple of days so this will probably be my last post of replys. It just takes so much time... and time is something I don't have much of right now.
Love you all.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-15-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:31 AM   #13  

Kim .. You snuck in on me while I was posting.
Welcome to our little group. I always love it when a newcomer joins in.

Thank you so much for the wet suit info. I don't know anything about materials used.. how cold does it get scubba diving?
What is the coldest water you have swam in wearing this?
I imagine it gets pretty cold in Mass. but then again... you probably only scubba dive in the summer.

I am headed to that web site right now. Thanks again.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-15-2003 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #14  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Happy birthday ANDRIA
Welcome Kim

And greetings to all the rest...

Here is to a super OP week for us all....

I have much to do before tomorrow so I best stick my head in yet another box.....I have learned my lesson about being a pack rat...
If it isn't absolutely beautiful and 100 % useful to you pitch it!!!! I need to call 1-800-pack rat's annoymous!! lol Cold turkey garage sales and antique shops.....and my new favorite slogan should be if it can't love you back you don't need it!!

I am still OP since Friday! Yeah *pats self on back* not an easy task....

Toodle doooooooooooooo
Old 09-15-2003, 11:54 AM   #15  

Kim... just went there and saw that largest size is only to 220lbs.
I saw on your siggie that you started at 300 and now 262, did these fit you ??
Usually if panty hose says fits up to 220 that really means 120.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-15-2003 at 12:06 PM.
Closed Thread