Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default Rants/raves for these Pilates videos?

I think I've found a few videos that are relatively short in length but still give a good workout and good instruction. I'd appreciate any comments you have on these tapes, thanks!

1) Pilates bodyband workout-seems to work the upper body as well as the lower in a short amount of time
2) Pilates Beginning Mat Workout-good instruction on basics.
3) Pilates Intermediate Mat Workout-more intense but still a short video.

As I have an active 1 year old, I'm not able or willing to devote an hour or more a day to working out so these tapes are perfect in that regard.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 09-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

I'm not a fan of Pilates myself. I have the have a workout that gets my heart rate up. Pilates is, to me, more of a toning workout but without weights and getting the heart rate up. It is touch on your musles though - I just prefer more cardio. Which leads me to a point. If you only have a selected amount of time, there are plenty of videos that are 30 minutes long and that is just long enough to get a good sweat - and not too long to take time away from your baby. I think there are even tapes out there to let you work out with your baby. If you enjoy Pilates though, do what works for you - and enjoy the time you take for yourself to work out!
Old 09-14-2003, 08:23 PM   #3  

Hi,

I'm not into Pilates yet, but you may want to try:

Crunch: Pick your spot Pilates-it has three different ten minute segments-each one targets a different area-belly, behind and thighs

Crunch-Fat burning Pilates-35 minutes-combines Cardio with Pilates exercises.

I have an active four year old, and I commend you on working out with a one year old!

Go to collagevideo.com to see video previews of both tapes.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 09-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Pilates Beginning Mat Workout - I loved this video - at last, someone is explaining very basic things, and telling me exactly what I need to know, without then expecting me to be able to do a 1-hr routine appropriate for an in-shape aerobics instructor.

What I especially liked was that you could always see both the beginner-level person, and the advanced level person onscreen, and that, sometimes, the focus for tricky moves was actually on the person doing the less-advanced moves.

I also liked that I will be able to use this for a long time, as the more-advanced workout is also totally available.

Good job, Gaiam
Old 09-19-2003, 05:54 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your input. I do use the WATP tapes on alternate days to get a cardio workout as well. But I wanted to do some toning in addition to that. I have a bad knee so I figured Pilates was more gentle than weight training yet still effective.

Thanks again!
Closed Thread