Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Does your body "even out" eventually?

In other words, after you've maintained for a while, does the remaining fat end up redistributing itself? I ask because like in my upper torso (boobs/chest/shoulders), there really isn't that much fat there anymore. I still have boobs of course, but there's lots of loose skin and I'm really bony in the shoulders/chest area. But, I still have a good bit of fat in the rest of my body so I'm just wondering if things will eventually spread out so that I don't look randomly skeletal in places, lol.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #2  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Not in my experience. I've always carried more weight in my thighs/butt/hips. I still do, even now that I'm relatively lean and small. I've been at 125 or below for well over a year, and nothing has changed in terms of fat distribution.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #3  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I wouldn't say the fat redistributes per se but you'll eventually begin to lose in different places (and unfortunately probably continue to lose in the same places you don't want to anymore e.g. the boobs).

For example, I've been losing in the waist and the belly area and the hip as well which I'm really pleased about, but I've also continued to lose in the underbust where I thought I was pretty bony already and the boobs which are already pretty deflated. What I've noticed in terms of redistribution is that the longer I stay at a specific weight, the less hollow my skin looks. Unfortunately no fat migration from say my thighs to my boobs though...
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #4  
Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 280/162/160

Height: 5'8

From what I can tell over the last 7 months of "no gain" maintenance, my body has settled into a more uniform look. There are no random bulges, no obvious swaths of boniness. I'm pretty pleased with how I look in a mirror, barring some skin that is still firming up in my torso.

Like toastedsmoke said: my skin overall looks less hollow.
586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Sorry but fat doesn't work that way... Fat is a metabolically active tissue... So unfortunately to have things "even out" requires working on your body composition... Which definitely can be done...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 10-20-2012 at 12:50 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote