Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 13.3/12.10/9

Height: 5'4"

Default Peeing?

Hello all

I've been on the Diet Chef plan for 4 weeks now and since last week have noticed that I've been peeing more ... I mean like 10 times a day and a lot each time! I'm drinking my 8 cups of water a day (which I'm taking to be about 300ml/half a pint) and have been since I started the diet, but have only really just noticed that I need to urinate more regularly now.

I know it might seem like a weird observation/question, but has anyone else found this when dieting and does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks!
Psyence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #2  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Depending on what I eat during the day, I find that sometimes I pee much more. Some foods are natural diuretics. Asparagus is one. When I eat asparagus, I will pee every hour on the hour, maybe more! Not coincidentally, I have my lowest weigh-ins the next morning!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #3  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

When you first start losing weight you usually lose a few lbs in the first few weeks, some of this is water weight and some is fat. It has to come out some how!

You're drinking quite a lot of water though and that also has to come out again.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Depending on what I eat during the day, I find that sometimes I pee much more. Some foods are natural diuretics. Asparagus is one. When I eat asparagus, I will pee every hour on the hour, maybe more! Not coincidentally, I have my lowest weigh-ins the next morning!
I had one day that I wasn't drinking as much water as I usaly do, but was still in the bathroom 10 times before lunch. I had brussel sprouts the night before which was not normal for me. Looked online, sure enough they are a diuretic. I'd look at new foods for the answer.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I think I pee more when I eat a lot of water rich food - fruit, veggies, and other foods "diluted" with water rich foods.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

For me, lots of peeing means good losses, my body flushes itself out that way. But might you have been dehydrated before? Peeing every hour or two is very normal and not at all what I'd consider high frequency (even outside of pregnancy). But I could be weird in the regard, too...
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote