Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:49 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of Sept. 14th**

Hi All,

Peter's still sick. Why don't they make those bottles of decongestant/cough in larger than .5 oz. or 1 oz. sizes?! I don't have any left to give him this AM, poor little guy.

We had a horrible night, he was down at 7:00...soo tired...but up at 9:30, 12:30, and then 3:00 w/DH, who said he was wide awake and brought him out to the LR and turned Cartoon Network on. "I couldn't get him back to sleep"... So I woke up hearing him whine at about 3:40 and came out to find them. I immediately offered him booby, hoping it would knock him out...no such luck, he was wide awake. Long story short, he finally fell back to sleep in our bed around 4:45. But he also woke back up at 7:00. DH got up with him at about 7:20 to watch Plaza Sesamo (Spanish Sesame Street!!) They watch it every Sunday AM, since regular Sesame Street isn't on! Peter doesn't notice the difference, and it amuses DH. I got up around 8:00 and fed him breakfast, which he surprisingly ate. But now it's 9:45 and he's still awake...should be going down soon though...I hope! DH is back in bed!
Old 09-14-2003, 12:28 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren-I should have called U!! I have free weekend long distance and Kaylee was up at 12, 2, 3:15 etc etc..She is not sick just wanting to suck..I guess it is a growth spurt maybe?????
Then at 6am, it was ma-ma-ma, da-da-da and bye-bye with her hands waving for 1 hr until I just got up..SHe turned to DH-blew spit bubbles on his back, spit bubbles on my face, and arms etc etc..THen today, I gave her juice, she held the nipple in her mouth and twisted the bottle off and poured it on the floor!!
Hmmmmm..life is getting interesting!!!!

Hope Petey is better!!!

Her eyes are getting sooo blue..really lite like DH..I will send a cry baby pic and U can see them...THey are lite blue with dark blue rings around them...

#1 woke up with fever, headache and a walnut size hard lymph node in her neck--.She was negative for mono, tonsillitis etc..Just lymphadenopathy they will treat with antibiotics and see her in 2 weeks and if it doesnt respond, surgically remove it for a biopsy..DH would die if that would happen..I didnt say anything about that to him at all...
Well, off to get the prescriptions for her
Vicki
Old 09-16-2003, 08:40 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning All,

Well, it seems like forever since I've really been here. I've had velcro baby who decided that he needs to stay up until 12 or so making Mommy work very hard to get him into bed. One night I rocked him to sleep 5 times before I could put him down. I guess it's the tooth. I'm not sure. I just know that I'm tired!! I can't imagine what it would be like to have to do this and work. I think DH would be doing a lot more of the night time stuff!!

Lauren: I sure hope Petey is feeling better. Are you getting ready for Isabel?? I guess we are going to have a rainy end of the week.

RR: How is SD #1? Hope she is better. That's a cute pic of Kaylee. She doesn't look like a cry baby...just like the sun is in her eyes!!

OK, velcro says it's time for me to pay attention to him again. Hope everyone is having a super great day!!
Old 09-16-2003, 05:00 PM   #4  
LBH

Hi Guys,

Peter's still snotty, and not sleeping!! Sunday night he went down around 8:30, up at 9:30, cuddled him back to sleep in our bed, put him in his crib, and he woke up again at 12:30 and stayed up til almost 2:00! Then last night he was up from 11:30-1:30...watching the Giants/Cowboys game with DH! I got back up at 1:30 to nurse him and put him to bed. The cat is really the only one getting any sleep around here!
Old 09-17-2003, 08:05 AM   #5  

Ok..it is the moon!!! Kaylee is not sleeping either...Monday night, she was up all night and finally went to sleep at 3am and then off to work I went for 7...she had temp 101, snotty and brown drainage from the ears again...I was soo exhausted and zombiefied at work and then started feeling soo miserable and I had fever 104...I got home, got Kaylee, bathed us both and we were in bed for 7...Dh came to bed and panicked cuz I had such a high fever with a backache..Dont know what is going on except for exhaustion maybe...Last night, she slept better with the Pediatex D and Tylenol..I am bringing her in today to the Pedi for her 9 month checkup soo she can also treat those darn ears...

Karen--THe comment on "dont know how I can do this and work" I am living proof that it sucks!!!!
My boss told me yesterday, that I looked soo bad, that she wanted me to take the rest of the week off with pay...
I took her up on that offer!!!

Off to eat some soup before Priss wakes up!!!
RR
Old 09-17-2003, 09:19 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi Guys,

Karen, I found myself saying the same thing to Dh about working. I sure hope Petey's got his act together by the end of the year, when I'll probably have to go back!!

RR, Wow, nice boss!! Hope all goes well at the Ped. today. I just called to make Peter's 9 mon. appt.

He had a better night last night. Still got up 3 times, but went right back to sleep. Thank God!! He's watching the Wiggles now. Hopefully won't give me a problem to take a nap after it's over.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:04 PM   #7  
LBH

Peter watching the game with DH the other night...notice the time!
Old 09-17-2003, 06:06 PM   #8  

My world feels like it is crashing before me...
Kaylee went for her 9 month checkup and they are still concerned
with her head size...She iss 29 inches 17lbs 8 oz and her head has jumped to 48cm..we are scheduled for a MRI sedated tomorrow morning at 10am.. They did blood work to check for anemia and found her white count to be 21.5 soo she got a Rocephin shot and we have to go back for antoher CBC and antibiotic shot tomorrow evening....I was soo freaked and upset I forgot her vitamin prescriptionRR
Old 09-17-2003, 06:15 PM   #9  

Oh Vicky,

I'm so sorry. I hope everything is OK. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the antibiotic shots will help her to feel better. Please try to keep calm and let us know as soon as you hear something.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #10  

Lauren: That is a really cute picture. I'm sure I am just blind but I can't see the time...I'm guess it must have been late?
Old 09-18-2003, 12:15 AM   #11  

Hi guys,

OK, first let me just say that I absolutely LOVE staying home with my guy. I love him to pieces. Do you ever just want a break? The only chance I get to be baby free is when I'm in the shower or sitting on the toilet. And usually he is screaming during those times. Sometimes I just have to shut my ears and stay a little longer. DH works so I can stay home so I feel so guilty when I ask him to take him and then Alex spends the whole time screaming so I usually take very quick showers so I can take him back. For awhile it was great, he would let me put him down with no problem when we went to bed. Now he is back to needing to be put to sleep 5 or 6 times. I know it's just his teeth and that it will pass but I'm getting SO frustrated. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 09-18-2003, 06:56 AM   #12  

Karen--that is the reason I got back to work..I had to have my own life and it makes me appreciate being with her every minute even crying cuz it is just a few hours in the evenings and morning. The weekends are wonderful cuz even if I hold Ms velcro all morning and evening, it is just those 2 days...I dont think it is evil thoughts to feel that way either..

Lasst night, I stayed up looking and touching my little angel..I just pray with all my heart, she will grow up and know how much I love her...
RR
Old 09-18-2003, 07:24 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi Guys,

Karen, yeah, I didn't realize you can't see the time...duh...it's 12:23 am!!

RR, I'm soo sorry to hear they're still concerned about her head size. I will keep you all in my prayers today.

Karen, I know how you feel, but you've gotta try and get a small break in occasionally. Even though he screams when you're gone, you really need to have a break or you'll go nuts! Try going for a walk without him, or go walk around the mall for an hour. I count on the time DH gets home from work to spend time with Peter. Even if it's been a good day, I need to be able to not worry about him for a little while while I make dinner, or something. That's daddy time.

Peter was awake 4 times last night. He went down at about 8:15. DH & I were both in bed by 9:00. He woke up at 12:45 and ate, 2:40 and ate, 3:20 just got corked, 5:30 and ate, then 6:00 for the day. I brought him to bed with me to try and get him to sleep a bit longer...silly me!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #14  

Hi guys,

RR: Hope things are going well for you this morning. I don't think it's evil thoughts to want to go to work for a break. I think you deserve a medal for being able to do this AND work AND take care of two other kids. I honestly think I would be a basket case if I had to spend these nights and work. Mine was like yours where you have to work with sick people and be nice. I would probably been fired by now for mouthing off to some old bitty. I can see it now... Me: Good Morning, Mrs. B. It's time to get up now. Mrs. B: I'm not getting up today. My hip hurts. Me: Look here you old broad, I'm going on two hours sleep and I'm not farting around today. Get up outta that bed before I throw you out. Nope. Can't see that working to well!!

Lauren: Whoa!! 12:23 AM?? That was a pretty late game huh! Was it played on the West Coast or something?

I think tonight we are going to start trying to go to bed way earlier. Usually I give him a bath (or get him ready for bed if it's not bath night) around 7:30 or 8. Then he nurses and sleeps on me on the couch until we are ready to go to bed, usually around 10 or 10:30. Then I put him in the bassinet and he sleeps until 5:30 or 7, depending on how tired he was. Lately that has been blown to hades. He's been waking up right as I'm ready to put him down and then taking HOURS to get back to sleep. Last night it was after 1 before I got him down and he was up at 7:30. (H went to sleep about 8:45 and woke up at 10 then the fun started.) If I try to put him in the bassinet then leave the room he ALWAYS wakes up. No matter how long I stand there and make sure he is asleep. We tried to go to Story Time but he was so tired and cranky. I even tried nursing him (and some creepy old guy sat right in front of me watching...ugh!!) but he was having none of it so we left. He went to sleep in the car on the way home and he's still sleeping in the car seat. Maybe I should join him for a nap!!

Hope ya'll are having a great day.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #15  
LBH

Ugh, Karen...I know how that goes! Maybe if you nurse him to sleep then put him in his bassinet right away? No, Monday night football starts at 9:00. Actually, I'm not sure if they were in Dallas or NJ.

Vicki, how'd it go today?

Peter's been awake almost all day. He slept for about a 1/2 hour this AM, was awake for another hour, finally got him to sleep again...just long enough to take a shower and get dressed. Then he slept about 1/2 hr. this afternoon. Of course he's cranky because he's tired. Thank God for the Wiggles DVD I have in. Got sick of chasing him around, so he's in Baby Jail (the Pack n' Play)
Closed Thread