Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #1  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Default Switching back to low carb, is this the right Atkins book to get and some randomness.

So, I went from low carb, to cal counting, now I want to go back to low carb via Atkins. There are so many Atkins books, which one do I get? Is this the one? Atkins new diet revolution? I know there are a few different versions, but the cover has horizontal stripes on it. If not, which one do I or should I get?

I think I will start anew tomorrow and when I get the book, I will follow that.

I don't know, but when I went from low carb to regular food calorie counting (admitting some was processed but considered "diet" food), I haven't lost weight.
And I am depressed too now, I guess because of the realization of how I let myself go after having my son. But when I was on low carb, I was in a happier mood. I think because I was losing weight but I wasn't doing it right, this is why I want to follow a program like Atkins instead of making my own program.

thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Stars; 10-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/ and just getting started!

Height: 5'11"

"Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution" is the right book, though there's an updated version called "The New Atkins For a New You" that you might want to consider instead.

Enjoy the book! I think the part people overlook about the Atkins diet is that it's really about finding the amount of carbs you can eat each day without gaining weight over the long term (weight maintenance). Most people who haven't read the book only know about the very-low carb phase.

Good luck!
ActYourselfThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The book you want is Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior versions. Anything written after that was not personally written by Dr. Atkins himself.
My advice to you is to read the book cover to cover BEFORE you attempt doing the plan to be sure you understand exactly how & why this works.
All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #4  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks so much everyone!!
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote