Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Update: sick for < a week = no weight loss this month

I posted about this a few weeks ago: I had the stomach flu in the end of September, during which time I estimated I ate about 400 calories per day for about 4-5 days. After that, my stomach was still sensitive so I was eating 900-1200/day for less than a week. Since then, I've been eating my standard 1200/day.

At first I gained quite a bit of weight, but it eventually balanced out to no weight loss for over three weeks. According to my bodybugg, I created a deficit big enough for a 10lb loss in this time (which is what would have been standard for me for a normal 3 week timeframe). Now I'm about to hit the week before TOM, which is a no weight loss week for me usually.

Thus, eating way less than normal for only a few days, I lose nothing for a month. I know starvation mode isn't really something that happens after a few days, but I still don't know what's going on.

Wish I knew what was going on with my body. Thoughts?

Last edited by kelly315; 10-17-2012 at 06:43 AM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

My fluid weight fluctuations are easily large enough mask a whole month of fat loss. After all that sickness, dehydration, the shock to your system of eating so little, it might take a while for those fluctuations to even themselves out. When you were recovering from your sickness you might have been less energetic, too, thus creating a smaller deficit than your BodyBugg thinks you did.

Just wait it out. Weight loss is a highly nonlinear process that depends upon a lot more factors than you can control or compute with your BodyBugg. I would guess that you are in for a whoosh soon.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
When you were recovering from your sickness you might have been less energetic, too, thus creating a smaller deficit than your BodyBugg thinks you did.
The bodybugg is pretty good at noting when you're less energetic, but you could be right about the rest of it. Hopefully it will come off soon and I have actually been losing fat. Thanks.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #4  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
My fluid weight fluctuations are easily large enough mask a whole month of fat loss. After all that sickness, dehydration, the shock to your system of eating so little, it might take a while for those fluctuations to even themselves out
agreed.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote