Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default I made it!

I started at 179lbs in January and hit 140lbs a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have been bouncing between 140 and 142, which is a good start to maintenance. I am so chuffed, and feel so much better. Lets hope I can keep it up!

Like a lot of folks the last 10lb was hard, but once I started IF, it really came off quite easily, so I shall continue with that as it seems to suit me well.

I treated myself to a personal shopper session in London and had a fabulous time, although the first outfit I tried on which included some skinny jeans was a bit of a shock. I didn't really recognise my reflection as being me. It was a very odd experience... but nice!
MissD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 175/140/125

Height: 5'5

Congrats way to go!!! That must feel amazing! How did you do it?
Keish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #3  

Thanks!

I dodn't have a miracle cure I'm afraid... I counted calories, gave up sugar (we had always eaten non-processed food, but my chocolate habit was not good), and exercised a bit more. Not very exciting, I don't think I'll get a book deal from it, but it worked!

I weighed every day as it helped keep me honest, and meant I could tweak if I needed to. I kept quite a detailed diary, and after a couple of months I could see which foods were having a positive and negative impact. Apples = good, bread = very,very bad.

I also started fasting twice per week, and that got rid of the last 10lbs or so.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

congrats on ur success .... a bit more about the fasting routine please... did u eat anything on the day u fasted???
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

Congrats!
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #6  

I fast twice per week. I used the Eat Stop Eat method, which really works for me. I tried doing it breakfast to breakfast, but found it really hard, so now I eat my lunch on a Monday, and then don't eat again until Tuesday lunchtime. I find that I am asleep for the part that I find the hardest which is in the middle. My DH can't do it this way, he does dinner to dinner. I think you need to try it ot see what works for you. Once I break my fast I eat just as I would have if I hadn't fasted.

There are lots of fasting ideas out there, but the golden rule I have is never to eat anything during the fast. As I understand it, any food will ruin the health benefits you get in terms of lowering inflammation markers in the blood. I do drink a lot of water, and also the odd herbal tea, but that is it.

I really like the fasting, and somehow it was easier to have made the decision not to eat. Once I had made that decision, I didn't have to worry any more, and just got on with other things. I have now used this technique in other areas. For example, I do love a nice piece of toast, but my goodness it makes me gain like nothing else. So I mindfully made the decision not to eat toast. Not ever. I just don't. Having made that decision, it doesn't seem to tempt me anymore. Strange, but true!

One thing I have learned is that if you eat good quality food, ie. non-processed then you can eat an awful lot before you start to gain weight. You don't have to eat much junk food to see it appear on the scales!

I know I don't post much in here, but I read all the posts every day, and they really help to keep me going.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

party party! congrats!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5' 3"

Wow! I am so happy for you! My current weight and goal weight are very similar to yours so this story is very inspiring to me!! Way I go!!!
SarahJane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #9  
Raw Ramp

S/C/G: 205/164/150

Height: 5'10"

Great job...love that you treated yourself to a personal shopping experience. I'm going to keep that in mind as a reward for goal weight...

Speaking of, I just realized the benefits of fasting too, which is also helping me with the last 10 pounds. I started eating my regular meals within an 8-hour period, and then don't eat for the remaining 16 hours (sleeping 8 of those hours, so more like 8 hours of fasting out of the day.) Here's the article I read about this specific IF method, pretty interesting stuff! Great for science nerds like myself
redvelouria is offline   Reply With Quote