Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 02:39 PM   #1  

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again #408

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Last edited by loranden; 09-13-2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #2  

OK, now that I started this thread, I may as well get off me chubby arse and post on it.

Anyway, my new Medic Alert bracelet came today; I finally got my information updated. Between the membership cost to renew for three years (it was cheaper in the long run than to renew for only a year) and the cost of the bracelet, it was the best $85 I could spend for peace of mind, should I be out somewhere, something happens, and I can't tell anyone what my history is. Thank goodness for organizations like Medic Alert--I recommend them to anyone of all ages.

I'm also going over my calendar today and realized that being the total yutz I am, the cable TV installer is coming the same day as the exterminator....yikes.... ON THURSDAY! The good side of that is that the exterminator will be here around 10:00 AM for the three month routine spray(and the cat brats will likely have me up at 6:00AM anyway), and if you know the local friendly cable TV guy, their line is usually "We will be there between 1 and 4PM." Arrgh....

Also a public service reminder from Your Quirkiness here that fall is creeping upon us; therefore, part of "falling into shape" means getting those flu shots (yes, that means me, and I'm getting mine when I see my doc October 1). I'm not a fan of needles either, but since I've gotten the things, I haven't even had much as a sniffle the past five years. Ay caramba. And by the way...they use dead viruses now

For those of you already sick, lots of chicken soup and snoozing. And Mama Lori said so.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:53 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Here's the link to Dr Phil's conversation with Katie Couric about his seven keys unlock the doors weight control...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/965280.asp?0cb=-213180015
Old 09-13-2003, 07:57 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

HI ladies... just a short hello before I get busy cooking up a storm tonight.
Having a bunch of people over for DH and DD birthday tomorrow afternoon so I am cooking everything tonight that I can.
I am keeping it simple... lasagna, salad, hot bread, veggie tray with different dips, and of course desserts. The REAL cake for the those who can have it... and sugar free for the rest of us. LOL

My knee is better today. I actually woke up this morning and was shocked that the pain is not what woke me up. LOL Did some odds and ends around the house then went to some garage sales. Got some good stuff... but no great deals to brag about. LOL Then I went to WW and bought my daughter 2 WW cookbooks and a Fast Food Companion book for her B-day. One book was called "Simply Delicious" and the other book was the "Only 5 Ingredients Cookbook." Both sounded simple and easy for her. She is also getting an Oklahoma Sooners long sleeve t-shirt. And... I am baking her , her favorite Mexican Chicken Casserole. I have made her that every year for her birthday since she was about 8-10years old ... but this year I will be on vacation on her birthday so i am cooking it tonight and freezing it for her to reheat while I am gone.
Have I mentioned she has lost over 70 lbs on WW in 6-7 months. I am sooo proud of her.

Pam... it sounds like they are trying to make you a workaholic.
I will be thinking of you hard at work while I am resting. LOL

Mary... Don't forget chat tonight. I wish you were more gabby in here. LOL

Joe-anne... I am sorry to hear your whole family and you are ill.
Hope you get feeling better real soon.
Terri.. Congrats on passing your test.
I did not record Dr. Phil ... but I did take some notes. I will see where I put them and post some here later.

Kat..You only ate 1/2 of everything so that sounds like you did pretty good to me.
thanks for the link for Dr Phil.

Tina... I hope I didn't jinx you. But I sure figured you were bound to catch it too. And yes... everyone will blame you when they catch it too. LOL At least you don't have to lay on the floor with a blanket and pillow. LOL GET WELL SOON.

Lori.. thanks for starting the new thread.
I have never gotten the flu shot. So far I have never gotten the flu either.
How much info do you have on your medic alert bracelet?
I thought it only stated one thing such as diabetic or allergic to ___.

Okay ladies... That is it from my last post again.
I may have missed a few that posted between my last two posts. LOL Sorry.

I have a LOT of cooking, cleaning, wrapping presents, laundry, etc etc etc to do so I am out of here.

I am happy to announce I have been back on program for a couple of days again.
I will have to see how well tomorrow goes with a housefull of people and temptation EVERYWHERE.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:20 PM   #5  

hi!

? how did we go from 407 back to 348?? just curious??
Old 09-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

I'm in chat
Old 09-13-2003, 08:47 PM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

pam... I noticed that too but forgot to mention it.
Okay Lori... start talking. LOL You have some secret agenda here.
Who ever starts the next one ... be sure to make it 409.
Unfortunately you cannot change a Title ... can only edit content.
Lori... if you PM Suzanne... she can change it for you... but not necessary.
I have goofed many many times and Suzanne has fixed it for me before.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally posted by 2cute2Bfat
pam... I noticed that too but forgot to mention it.
Okay Lori... start talking. LOL You have some secret agenda here.
Who ever starts the next one ... be sure to make it 409.
Unfortunately you cannot change a Title ... can only edit content.
Lori... if you PM Suzanne... she can change it for you... but not necessary.
I have goofed many many times and Suzanne has fixed it for me before.
Oy.... what the heck was I thinking this afternoon? I need to quit staying up so late! Thanks for pointing that out, guys

PS: Why pester Suzanne when I was able to fix it myself?

Tina was right, I am quirky!!

Last edited by loranden; 09-13-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:50 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals -
Greetings from the Happiest place on earth - Disney World!! I love this place. We got here safe and sound and have had a wonderful day. We met up with some friends who are also down here for the conference and went to the ESPN Zone to watch the Buckeyes!! We left before the game was over thinking it was in the bag and got back to our room and nearly had a hard attack when it went into 3 overtimes!! We rode a bicycle for two today. It was hard work, but fun!! We also went to Downtown Disney to walk around. We are dead tired right now. Hitting the sack so we can go to Animal Kingdom tomorrow and then have a biz dinner at Epcot tomorrow night!

Turns out the hotel has high speed internet and DH brought his laptop, so I may pop in to say hi!

I didn't have a chance to read all the posts - although I was confused about the #.

Sweet Dreams to all!
Barb
Old 09-13-2003, 09:59 PM   #10  

"Good night ladies, good night ladies, good night ladies, it's time to go to bed"......................
Old 09-13-2003, 11:13 PM   #11  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Default Hello

to all....

I just got thru catching up on reading the past couple of days posts...
I have been too busy to be on line much...I have been babysititng for Laura and Sarah ( Grandkids) a lot....and trying to get motivated about un packing from my move from MN to IA.

Lots of things going on, I thought I was so clever to put all the many boxes I haven't unpacked yet in the back bedroom, figured I would have that chore done by now...NOT! It's just so easy to just close the door and forget about it...and that is what I have done a least a few days...Can I call myself the queen of procrastanation here? Well now, the carpet installers and painters are coming Monday or Tuesday!! YIKES! So I had to get the neighbors 16 year old son to help me figure out where to stack the boxes now....We put them in the hall between my bedroom and the bath, and in top shelves of closets....and now the back bedroom is bare, but I have boxes everywhere!!! I was so proud of myself because my house was looking so orderly...not anymoe I can tell you ! So I have thought about putting the stuff I don't want to deal with right now in rubbermaid totes with covers and putting them into my basement...basement is old and slightly damp...I am thinking that if I seal the totes real well there shouldn't be any damage...
I just haven't the heart to look thru a lot of the boxes ....they have memories of many years of marriage etc...and I am trying very hard to stay positive and concentrate on the present and the future and forget about the past....For the past nearly did me in emotionally and physcially....I ate myself into the state I am in because it was about the only thing besides the kids that I felt comfort in.....and when they left home, I really ballooned!! But this is now....and I am into my second day of "recovery" is that what I should call it? Anyway it is my second day of staying OP...
I want so much to be able to say a year from now that " I used to weigh over 300 pounds, and I could barely get around, look at me now!" And I have this fantasey of being able to cross my legs at the knee , and shopping at the malls without huffing and puffing and having to sit down every little while....also being able to play with my grandkids by doing physical activities instead of just reading or playing board games or drawing etc.... Having more energy and becoming more physically flexable would be a miracle to me.

Do the rest of you have any fantasies about what you wish to do if you were even half way to your goal weight? Maybe go on a cruise? Wear some little outfit that you know you will look terriffic in? Impress someone you haven't seen in a long while???

It has been so long since I have really felt good, or healthy that I can't imagine how wonderful it will be to get the first 100 pounds off....

For those of you with the flu ...get well soon

Sounds like so many of you are doing real well with the exercising and food control, WTG! ( Way to Go)

Sorry I got so long winded....

One of my goals is going to be is to try to stay caught up here in the 3fc forum and to post at least weekly!

Take care and have a wonderful rest of the week end one and all....
Old 09-14-2003, 12:28 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

Traffic sure is light tonight...I had all good intentions of chatting and fell asleep on the couch, watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail with dh and son. Just woke up, they're both in bed and I'm WIDE awake now. Night workers never sleep right.

Syn, I can't wait for the day when I can cross my legs like a lady!

hmmmm....a few more things I look forward to:
Wearing jeans without an elastic waist and tucking in my shirt.
Having my picture taken, willingly.
Jogging

I'll post more as I think of them...

I'm off to bed, WW in the morning...

nighty night all......................................

Old 09-14-2003, 01:09 AM   #13  

Well I did miss one day but I am back!

Hubby and I had plans today to go to the dirtbike races about an hour and a half from here and watch a friend of ours race. Anyway, I got all prettied up and we were on our way when the friend calls me on my cell and tells me that they are heading home from the races. It turns out that he got sick and did not feel like racing. Soooo, here I was ready for a night at the races and it was a no-go. Well since we were out we decided to drive to a town about 50 miles away to watch the wrestling show that hubby used to be in. We got there only to find out that there was no show tonight I was thinking what the heck??? So my day ended up not being very exciting. We ended up going to an auction. Even though I enjoy the auction, it would have not been my first choice by any means. Maybe next time!!

I am really considering joining WW. I just cant decide if I will like the points thing or not. I do know that I need the weekly accountability and motivation. I just cant seem to do this by myself. I am gonna give it a little more thought

Thanks so much for the welcome guys!! I look forward to posting again. I will let you know what I decide about WW. I will try to do personals later but until then hello and hugs to all.

Tracy
Old 09-14-2003, 01:47 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Thanks for the big warm welcome!!!

Well-I'm still off track, but most of the goodies in the house will be gone soon and we only get paid once a month. That should get me eating healthy again. I have a massive bag of vegis staring me in the face every time I open the freezer!!! Today was a totally junk food type of day. I have to get back on track soon.

The plus is-since I don't have all my stuff at this house yet I've been able to deal with the stuff I do have here in an orderly manner, and I'm even starting to get caught up on all that darn laundry.

I'm not up to doing replies tonight-but thank you all for the compliments on the new pic. What is really funny is that my 4 yr old daughter took the pic when she grabbed my camera and was playing with it. Usually the pics end up being of the wall or something, but that one was so good I kept it.

For all those under the weather (((((((hugs)))))))

2Cute-I just have to add that you and I are so similar it is scarey. Don't ever get our own yardsales going, but have time to go buy more goodies at someone elses. Yep, packrat doesn't even begin to describe me.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday-I probably won't check in until Monday morning or so.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Well, its early and I'm bleary-eyed yet. I need to hit the shower soon and get ready for church.

Yesterday was a horrible food day. I'm not sure was wrong with me other than being stupid about choices. Its like as soon as I hit 250, I've tried to eat everything in sight. Its about time for TOM so maybe its hormones. It has to stop soon!

No exercise yesterday except for walking the dog. We took the MIL out yesterday to the bank and then to lunch. We stopped a different type of grocery store - Whole Foods - that was so fascinating. Its a gourmet cooks kind of store. We bought some talipia fish and a container of all kinds of olives from the olive bar. MIL bought fresh peanut butter. Dip it right out of a big container. DH and I like to cook so it was a fun to see all the cool stuff.

We tried making English style fish and chips last night. I had seen a baked version in the WW Magazine and wanted to try something different. I just couldn't face another Saturday night of steak. DH thinks that just because its Saturday, we have to eat steak. He'll never burn out on it but I am. Anyway sorry for rambling. Saturday and Sunday is when we plan to have the starchy carbs but we try to be careful and not overdue.

We went to Fuddruckers for lunch so had hamburgers and fries. I went in with good intentions of a turkey burger which I know is good and filling but the words that came out of my mouth was "JamicaMeCracy burger".

We didn't get home from the MIL excursion until 3 pm even though I told DH I had stuff I wanted done this weekend. We had to drive over to the Aristrocrat Motors so DH could look at a Jag. Like, what stupid world is he living in that he thinks he's trading my Tribute for a Jag? I just let him look while I wouldn't even get out.

It rained all day yesterday but looks like the sun should shine today. I'm determined not to be a slug today nor am I going to be stupid with food today as well.

Syn - The rubbermaid containers should work. They even have pouches of stuff you can buy to help with moisture as well. For me, I long for being able to shop for clothes that are a size 18/20 or 1X because those are the sizes that are most readily available when I hit the plus size stores. I told the manager of Lane Bryant once that they should change the name to the size 14/16 and 18/20 store because it was impossible to find what I wanted in anything larger. I just want to shop and not be frustrated about not finding clothes or how I look in them. Good luck with all your unpacking and repacking!

Barb - Good to see you posting from Florida! Have fun!!

Amanda - Good to see you again too. Hang in there! You'll get back on track soon.

Kat - Did you get to bike ride? I'm going to today if I accomplish nothing else. I'm going to try for 50 minutes around the neighborhood. Thanks for the link to Dr. Phil.

Lori - I'll send you the dog for awhile and once he's said and panted in your face while you're trying to nap - the cat brats won't seem like much at all! Thanks for starting the new thread and messing with our minds just a tad. Have a good day!

2Cute - Good to see that your knee is recovering. Take care!

I better get up and to the shower.

Hello to everyone else and hope all those with the flu are feeling better soon.

Later!
Closed Thread