Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 12:01 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #26

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #26

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

Last edited by gma22; 09-15-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:03 PM   #2  

Julie: YOU GET A: for points!

SandyB: YOU GET A: for points!

Can't visit, but will peek in this evening.

Faye
Old 09-13-2003, 02:44 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

I got 3 points yesterday - no exercise I'm afraid, but at least I stayed on programme. I'm struggling at the moment - my TOM has really affected me bad this month and my resolve has been slipping. I'll sort myself out this weekend and try harder next week - I think I need another kick start.

I didn't lose any weight this week - but I'm not disappointed as it has been my TOM and I did have a big loss last week. I am not giving up, I will do this! Just need to kick myself up the

Well done to everyone - keep it up!

Pam - you are amazing! Can I have some of your resolve please?

Keep it up ladies - we will get there!

Amanda xxx
Old 09-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,
I'm pooped, just thought I'd drop in for a minute. I've been cooking all day long! Decided to make up a bunch of healthy frozen meals for those days when I don't want to cook or don't have time. Premature McD avoidance...... I also whipped up a batch of lowfat pumpkin/oatmeal/raisin cookies (sooo yummy and healthy) and threw some stuff in the bread machine. I decided if I'm gonna only allow myself a few pieces of bread every now and then......they better be FREAKIN' GREAT pieces of bread! I refuse to pay four dollars for a loaf of specialty bread.

Anyway, I went for a bike ride this morning.....took off on an ATV trail on a lark (I usually stick to the road). It was all dirt and rocks and roots......I was having so much fun that I'd gone 1/2 hour before I knew it! Which was good, except I had to haul my sore *** back the other way So, I got more of a workout than I'd planned.......good thing too, cuz the cookie buzzer just went off!

Later chickies,
Julie
Old 09-13-2003, 05:26 PM   #5  

Hello everyone!

I spilt something on my shorts at work today and had to buy a new pair of pants--size 12, first time in 2 years. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I must be getting smaller. Isn't the other Debbie the lady that has the same situation? I'm on program yesterday and today and I exercised/drank water both days. I'm sure glad I wasn't locked in a room with butterfinger icecream!

Ritu--if your out there, I'll offer up prayers for your son. We may call God by different names but we both believe. I'm sure Faye is right and its not that badf.

Amanda--I'll offer up one for you to. He reallly will renew your strength. You are a sweet person and you deserve the best. Treat yourself accordingly.!

Juie--I had to laugh. I decided the same thing a few weeks ago. The bread machine has been getting quite a workout. I know I can't afford the specialty stuff!

Everyone who lost congradulation! have a nice weekend,

Debbie
Old 09-13-2003, 08:27 PM   #6  

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points today!

You girls are all doing great! Keep up the good work.

I am pooped. The ice show was great and Thomas was a doll, but snoockered the ole grandparents into a Mike figure, a ball cap and a t-shirt besides the hotdog and lemonade to the tune of $45! Hey, I would never have been able to even afford to take my kids let alone buy them stuff so I am making up for what I couldn't do then. He is so funny. We went to the bathroom during intermission and coming back he stopped to look at the shirts. I told him the pink ones were for girls and the other ones for boys and said I didn't have any money with me he would have to ask granddad. Back to the seats we go and he asks him and of course Jack didn't know what he was talking about. I ask T did he want the t-shirt or the hat. "Nonny, I want BOTH of them." So of course that is what he got and of course we had to put them on before we left the civic center (the t-shirt was too big and kind of looked like a nightgown!) but he wore it proudly through dinner! We just had a great time all around and we had spectacular seats as our seats were behind where they set up the sound system so they moved us and I threw a fit because I had bought aisle seats and demanded aisle seats! We had one row up from the floor! On top of that, at Cracker Barrel I lost my temper BIG time. I took Thomas to the restroom and coming back there was this really obese woman and her spouse standing by the hostess station. T squeezed between them, but I couldn't pass. I said, "excuse me" nothing, "pardon me maam" nothing, "excuse me" and finally her husband said "Brenda, someone needs to get through." She glared at me, screamed, "what? I was looking at something." while Thomas was getting away from me. That broke the twig and I did something I have never ever ever ever ever done in my life, I said, "Move your fat *** lady, is that better than excuse me?" and I ran off and tried to catch Thomas. Jack could not believe I really did it and neither could I, but to totally ignore someone when they ask politely not once, but three times, deserves a bit of a dressing down let alone the fact that T was going merrily on his way figuring I was right behind him.

Well, that's the wrap up for tonight.

Faye
Old 09-13-2003, 10:03 PM   #7  

Good night girlies, too pooped to post
Old 09-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #8  

Morning Ladies.
Faye, your trip sounded faboooo.............."Move your fat ***, lady!" OH MY GAWD!! I can't believe you said that! She must've really deserved it.

Anyway, I'm giving myself 2 points for yesterday, exercise and water. I don't think I went over my calories alot during our cooking marathon, but I was tasting and I had a couple of pumpkin cookies. Even though they're healthy and not too carby, I'm just not sure how I did eating....so I just won't count it, and get back with the journal today.

Gots lots of sewing to do, so I'll be off........
Everyone stay today,
Julie
Old 09-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #9  

SUNDAY: Silly Poll Sunday. Here goes girls.

Your Great Uncle Ebeneezer has died and you have been given his inheritence. At the lawyer's office, he reads the following from the will: " Your inheritence consists of a golden key. This key when used will make all your dreams come true, but you must wait 5 years before using it. The information regarding the key, what it opens and what you will find is in a sealed letter accompanying the key." NOW THE QUESTION THIS WEEK IS THIS: YOU ARE GIVEN EVERYTHNG BY THE LAWYER AND YOU GO HOME. DO YOU WAIT 5 YEARS TO OPEN THE LETTER OR DOES CURIOSITY GET THE BETTER OF YOU AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL GET EVENTUALLY . IF SO HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE?

Julie: YOU GET A: for points.

I GET A: for points. I am not sure how close I came so I am not going to count program yesterday.

As for the poll, THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD EVEN GET ALL THE WAY HOME ! I would have that puppy opened some way. I am not a good secret keeper nor can I stand them being kept from me!

Gotta run, Faye
Old 09-14-2003, 09:25 AM   #10  

Good Sunday Morning Girls,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water.....did not exercise, make - up day today, and giving myself 0 for food, my eating was "off" yesterday, ate out all 3 meals, the only one that was decent was breakfast.....so I will just chalk that one up to experience, portion sizes were really okay, it was just the content. but........today is a new day.

Faye, where are you this morning to give us our silly poll??

well its off to work in a little while and I have walking away the pounds to do
Old 09-14-2003, 09:37 AM   #11  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! Faye, you know... some people deseerve to be dressed down because they do NOT know how to be polite or listen. I think whats bothering u is that u told her to move her fat ***.... now this is just my humble opinion but.... because people who are overweight are ususally hiding behind that weight some think it gives them free reign to be as nasty as they want to be. Becuase when they get a reaction like u gave, they can then blame it on the weight... or the fact that they think NOONE understands, because of the weight. Does that make sense?? U r a wonderful caring woman, she was in the wrong... and she knew it. So she deserved just what she got. I am a TRUE believer in karma.... hence my quote.
For the silly poll... hhhhmmmmmmm... i would try to wait the 5 years. As i see it, its a gift... something i didnt have in my life so i wouldnt be missing anything if i didnt open it. So i would wait the 5 years.
Ladies.... i hope you all have a wonderful day... I will check back in later. Take care of U

Sandy
Old 09-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #12  
I Can and I Will

I forgot to post my points...lol What a maroon....
All 4 yesterday!! And i found a beautiful dress for the wedding.. and i got it for a steal!! Just need to find a pair of shoes and i am all set! Its been so long since i bought any "dress up" clothes... i am really looking forward to this wedding.

Take care of U
Sandy
Old 09-14-2003, 12:12 PM   #13  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies...I went out of town for the day and we got back pretty late lastnight,so I hadn't posted until now....we decided to get away after all that happened..so we took the kids to a theme park ...they have a place called "splash Island"..which is a water park with a catch a wave pool,big tunnel slides and a park with lots and lots of stuff that you can climb and squirt and dump water...we had a blast...just what we needed to relax ....we packed good healthy food ,snacks and lot's of water...so I stayed on the program,a nd as far as exercise...gee,the walking alone was enough,and then the swimming and playing in the pool...so I got all four for yesterday...Faye,it sounds like you had a great time....Pam ,you are doing super...keep it up...Faye,what you said to the ladie was well deserved..it wasn't like you didn't try to be polite...so YOU GO GIRL!!!...she didn't seem to have no concern for your grandchild at all,the fact that he was going on without you...some times we have to do what we have to do...well,I'm off to do something to move this body...starting with the wash...plenty of that waiting on me...everyone of you have a tremendous ,super ,wonderful afternoon...will check in later...Joy
Old 09-14-2003, 02:41 PM   #14  

Smileys are as follows for points:

SandyB:

Pam:

Joy:

As for the incident at Cracker Barrel. SandyB, I am sorry if I offended you either by the language or by calling her a name. I would never offended any of you ladies. I do NOT however apologize for what I said and this is why:

1. She ignored me though I politely and repeatedly tried to get past her
2. My grandson had gotten past and was making tracks away from me and his Granddad was not in visual range ofhim or he his grandfather
3. I wanted to shock her and an insult was the best way to get her to move.
4. She was rude though IF Thomas had not been involved I would have backtracked and just gone around another table to get back to the restaurant and never said anything to her, chalking it up to her being an igrnorant jerk. The basis for the remark was to get her moving so I could grab my gs.

What I do apologize for is even mentioning it. I did it because I was still miffed I guess, but I have no excuse either way. Forgive me my friends if I did offend any of you.

Now on to my current STRESS and it's a doozy. I am not going into a big explanation about the whole thing as I have told you before that we have to have the condo's electrical changed to copper by October 31. WELLLL, we have been, along with the whole complex, assessed $520 because the work is not completed or scheduled. It is really screwy, but because there are still approx 60 homes not done or scheduled (even though work does not have to be completed until Oct 31) they decided to fine us all and then reimburse those who have already had the work done blah blah blah. I have to call them and try and get this resolved as I am not cancelling my trip and I have until the 31st of October to get the work done. These people are a bunch of idiots and there are a couple other issues that play into this that make it even more messy. One thing I am NOT going to do is pay the assessment and then pay the contractor. They can have either or and that's it. I don't have that kind of money and besides I don't trust them to get it back to us right away, ya know. We will just have to see what I can find out. I just don't want to lose my temper and I know it is going to come to that. I hate talking to people about stuff like this on the phone instead of face to face.

I really need to eat something so I am going to go.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-14-2003 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:39 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Faye,

I'm a bit confused, you said

Quote:
Amanda, I am sorry if I offended you either by the language or by calling her a name.
I didn't say anything about this - are you getting me mixed up with someone else?

I am certainly not offended by you - I think you are great!

Yesterday I got just 1 point - off programme again (you don't want to know!! ) and no exercise - I've just been too busy this weekend to fit any in. I didn't get all my points today either (can't remember when I last got a four pointer!), but tomorrow I will be back to normal and am going to have a strict week as I've been slacking quite a bit lately. I've not got anything planned for next weekend, so I will try to make up for my naughtiness!

Take care

Amanda xx
Closed Thread