South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Weekend Daily Chat, 10/13-10/14

Coffee's ready on this frosty morning!

It looks like we had our first frost of the season overnight, but everything close to the house looks OK. Once the sun is up I'll moisy on outside to survey the damage. I'm glad I picked the last of the peppers yesterday, though.

I'm sure what the plans are for today, but we've been talking about taking the grandkids to a corn maze and hayride out to the pumpkin fields to pick a pumpkin, and today looks like a good day for that. I'll put on a crockpot of chili before we go so we'll have a good, hearty supper to warm us up when we get back.

Who else is up and ready for coffee?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrr wore gloves to work this morning yet tomorrow we are supposed to reach 70! I too need to pick the rest of the peppers and eggplant at my friend Joe's garden. Hope they survived last night's frost.

Corn maze and hayride sounds great. Mmmm maybe a little warm cider too. Chili would be perfect after a day outdoors.

Big ride tomorrow and I admit I am nervous. I know I can do 50 miles comfortably. I just hope it is not too hilly of a rude. We do cross the Rhinecliff Kingston Bridge twice which should be challenging. I decided to rest yesterday and maybe today too. Feeling a little fatigued and anxious with Rick's visit from Florida rapidly approaching.

Thanks for starting us off today Linda. Wake up sleepy chickies
Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Linda for reminding me of the fall festival at the local fruit farm that should be going on. Rumor had it, it was cancelled because the frost killed all the apples (it did ours ), but that shouldn't stop the pumpkin pickin'! Hope you enjoy your day out with the family. Do you make vegetarian chili, or make yourself something separate?

Jennifer, I'm sure you'll do great! Not that I've done it, but I know with marathon trainers they'll have you go 20 miles tops, then 26.2 the day of. They keep saying you'll have no problems (but wow!! that does sound so much more, doesn't it?)....I doubt I'll find that one out one day!
For me - I guess I'll clean this am, and then we actually have a sitter coming over this afternoon (we paid for it at the church auction 4 months ago), we'll use it as a celebration for DH's new job (!!!!!!!!!), and our anniversary next weekend. LOL...you should've seen DH's deer-in-the-headlight look when I said we'd use it as an anniversary thing too .

Then, I really really really need to get myself primed up for starting phase I again. I do hope that things don't always come in threes, and that I'm done with bad things for 2012, and I can start taking better care of myself. With DH's new job, I'm hoping that will help too. I haven't put on more weight, but I'm a lot 'softer' from not working out as much. I'll be making my menu in the next couple of days, but to me it is sooo much easier in soup season!!

Have a great weekend y'all!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jeckel and Cottage. We got a killing frost last night for sure - so glad my peppers all got harvested!

Jeckel, enjoy that ride. I'm sure you will do fine and that bridge does have wide shoulders.

Cottage, try not to lose any kids in that maze. If you need to lose anyone, I have a suggestion. :evil: Chili sounds great. Wanna come and cook some for the Chili contest here on the 27th?

Once again I slept right through the night! Such a good feeling when you haven't spent hours tossing and turning and fretting about things you can't change.

My big pot of stock simmered on low all night and the house smelled wonderful this morning. Disney enjoyed her kibble with some stock on it to soften it up. She seems to be healing well according to the vet and has her perky attitude back.

Jazz and I will do pet therapy at the nursing home this morning and be home for lunch. Then the rest of the day is all mine and I intend to enjoy it. I do want to bake a pan of squares for coffee after church tomorrow but that's a quick job.

Happy weekend, Beach Babes.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've had plenty of coffee...I needed to unpack from yesterday's travel. No killing frost here, yet....still leaves on the trees...go figure.

I'm off to work

Jennifer, you'll do just fine tomorrow! I have a little bike envy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm ready for a new week. Deaths certainly still come in 3's and so it's time to start over. I'm hoping the following week will bring better news of health, wealth, and happiness. Oh and OP eating.

Sigh.

Busy day ahead of us but I'm hoping to have a nice relaxing day tomorrow where I can prep healthy foods for the week.

Hope everyone's having a great morning. Dark and rainy here, so it's hard to get moving. Need to find some coffee!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies...just popping in to say my hellos. I was supposed to meet my friend, Christy, at the Riverwalk today but she had to cancel. I had a nice dinner out w/ my friend, Varonika, last night though and then we watched the most recent episode of Jersey Shore. I also got to see a lot of the stuff she's gotten for the wedding so far as well as the venue. It was nice to catch up w/ her.

Today I'll just be relaxing until it's time to get ready to go in to work the Command Post at the fair. Tomorrow I'll be working a barricade out there, too. Fair time is a great time for extra money for us...especially since it's the only time of the year we can actually take vacation time AND work somewhere else.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Thought I would pop in before heading for bed. We haven't had our first frost yet but it is getting to that time where I need to turn the outside water off.

Today DD2 had a soccer game and then we went to Six Flags for fright fest with her and her bestie and to get our Season passes processed for next year, you get free parking pass if you do early.

I need to pack tomorrow for Memphis and finish cleaning house.

Good night
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! The sun is shining in a clear blue sky and it looks like it's going to be a perfect blue & gold fall day.

I'm savoring my coffee and the quiet peacefulness of the early morning before the day unfolds. I don't have much to do today except for checking up on mom & dad and doing a load or two of laundry. It's supposed to warm up to 70* this afternoon, and I may sit outside with my book for an hour or two.

Ooops! Spoke too soon. I hear the patter of little feet coming downstairs.
See you all later, and have a wonderful day!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I SLEPT UNTIL 7:26!! WOO HOO!

And like Cottage, there was a pitter patter of little feet, which are now next to me reading the sunday funnies. My coffee is almost done...

For today? I dunno...did a lot of cleaning yesterday. We'll see what unfolds!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

My big task today is to do preliminary shopping for hiking boots so that when I go to LA later this week and visit REI (which my husband has to do every time we travel to a city that has one) I'll be able to compare what is available at home. I've never owned a pair but need to get some for my trip to Alaska next summer. Since I don't hike, it will take me a long time to break them in!

The coming days will be crazy busy so I'm hoping to just relax some today.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Cottage and Tammy ... and Karen who just popped in.

Another day when I slept morning right through until seven without having the usual 2 a.m. potty call. I must finally be growing up! With or without that trip, I almost always am wide awake by 5. Sure hope this is a trend for the winter.

Well, the frost definitely hit the Village planters. The yellow begonias are wilted and black. It's raining today but later I may go around and dig them up to see if I can winter over the bulbs. They were absolutely gorgeous in the shade planters.

Aside from my visit with Jazz to the nursing home, yesterday was a snuggle in at home day. After Church today the same thing is going to happen as I definitely need some down time. I've been fretting and stressing about Mill financial stuff - an audit and the tax return which is overdue but am feeling better about getting it all done now that I've cleared another bunch of niggles. I have a Mill Board meeting tomorrow and will be pleased to give a positive financial report. So silly to mess up your brain and life with volunteer stuff!

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend - even if it is cold and rainy!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

I might get to stay home today....Kirk's DH is moving this next week so we WILL ask if there's anything we can do to help out today. I've been puttering around picking up downstairs. Now I'm going to hibernate upstairs...pay some bills and pick up the office. I think cleaning comes later when DH is willing to pitch in. He's in his shop...oh...just heard him come in.

I think lunch is going to be a refridg clean out...veggies that need to get used, etc. Then I can start fresh for the week.

Happy Sunday!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

OK! Who is Kirk's DH?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post